Amount

Karlie Kloss and Her Supermodel Friends Have Officially Transformed Into Superheroes

28 Jan 2018 04:03 #58307 by slim36
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slim36
  • slim36's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Jan 2018 09:06 #58309 by AuGoose

slim36 wrote: www.teenvogue.com/gallery/supermodels-su...tion-marvel-comics#1 Just a photo shoot - no experimental formulas or nanobots were used

Or facial expressions.

Interesting costumes in some cases, but man, where did the fashion community get the idea total slack-face is attractive? It felt like there might be some kind of necrophilia involved looking at those other than Candice Swanepoel as Spider-Gwen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, erikphandel

More
28 Jan 2018 10:24 #58311 by Markiehoe
I could not even finish it..
I didn't get the idea behind the set.
Just stamping a name on what looks like a generic picture does not make it a "superhero" pic.
And I agree, no one is smiling.

I worked with a model once and when we became friendly I asked her why models do not smile for runways or photo shoots.
She said that was totally the decision of the people in charge.
A model would just as soon smile for a picture as not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erikphandel

More
28 Jan 2018 11:16 #58314 by Woodclaw

AuGoose wrote:

slim36 wrote: www.teenvogue.com/gallery/supermodels-su...tion-marvel-comics#1 Just a photo shoot - no experimental formulas or nanobots were used

Or facial expressions.

Interesting costumes in some cases, but man, where did the fashion community get the idea total slack-face is attractive? It felt like there might be some kind of necrophilia involved looking at those other than Candice Swanepoel as Spider-Gwen.

Markiehoe wrote: I could not even finish it..
I didn't get the idea behind the set.
Just stamping a name on what looks like a generic picture does not make it a "superhero" pic.
And I agree, no one is smiling.

I worked with a model once and when we became friendly I asked her why models do not smile for runways or photo shoots.
She said that was totally the decision of the people in charge.
A model would just as soon smile for a picture as not.

I agree with both. This set really don't click with me at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, erikphandel

More
28 Jan 2018 14:10 #58319 by fats
it's been a thing for years, the thought behind it is that the model should not take the focus away from the clothes so that's why they have the dead face, off camera they are some of the most fun people to be around.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Jan 2018 20:31 #58322 by shadar

fats wrote: it's been a thing for years, the thought behind it is that the model should not take the focus away from the clothes so that's why they have the dead face, off camera they are some of the most fun people to be around.

Fats

That may be, but given I'm not shopping for that kind of clothing, I find these kinds of photoshoots to be really uninteresting, especially when I think of what the models could do with the right costumes if they really wanted to throw their personality into it.

Waste of a good opportunity... obviously we aren't the intended audience.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Jan 2018 21:09 #58323 by erikphandel
As a model... connoisseur, shall we say, I find runaway models to be the worst (and ugliest) of the industry. They're so uninteresting, and not only do they have the same expression, but usually they have the same facial features. The good ones are glamour, indie and amateur models. It seems like they pick the most boring ones to make famous
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
29 Jan 2018 08:37 #58326 by Woodclaw

erikphandel wrote: As a model... connoisseur, shall we say, I find runaway models to be the worst (and ugliest) of the industry. They're so uninteresting, and not only do they have the same expression, but usually they have the same facial features. The good ones are glamour, indie and amateur models. It seems like they pick the most boring ones to make famous

To misquote one of my favorite webcomics: "A dress looks very different when you wear it, unless you're a runaway model, because they're meant to look like wire-hangers."
The following user(s) said Thank You: erikphandel

More
29 Jan 2018 09:20 #58327 by AuGoose
The problem here is the job wasn't to put on clothes... it was to put on a character. Characters who aren't (&*$&^@ing slack-lipped shallow-breathing zombies.

More
29 Jan 2018 16:43 #58332 by castor
It was explained to me recently that the trend in the last couple of years in modeling world is "you know being actually traditionally bueatiful-thats boring.

Most model of 2018-are legitmealy bueatiful women, no question-but they often are not quite what models of old where-they want to get them more sever, faces that are memorable.

And some of that also goes on how there photographed., its often difrent lens, lighting-but also trying to have the models themselves look diffrent-sometimes more casual, sometimes less depending. There is the term "Resting Bitch Face", which a couple of these models are going for.

And this is not getting into the fashion itself, which is trying to meet it, and be weridly formal-but ehh.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds