Amount

Sideshow DC Supergirl Premium Format 1/4 Kara

27 Aug 2018 13:03 #60841 by Sarge395
Sideshow is selling an outstanding looking 1/4 scale statue.  Looks pretty awesome.  A few images here.  But go to their site for the rest.  

www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comi...ollectibles-3006701/

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno, Markiehoe, erikphandel, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
27 Aug 2018 13:38 #60842 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Sideshow DC Supergirl Premium Format 1/4 Kara
That's pretty cool looking!
If I am reading this right you can choose between the beautiful, breezy, youthful, long haired version or or a practical short haired version. ;)

More
27 Aug 2018 17:23 #60847 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Sideshow DC Supergirl Premium Format 1/4 Kara
I love their statues.

I have the Power Girl one.

I'm kicking my self for not getting Black Canary (it's fantastic).

And this one... i'm probalby going to fail my saving throw and get.  Because I really want it. ;-)

More
27 Aug 2018 17:41 - 27 Aug 2018 17:45 #60848 by Monty
The Wonder Woman Deluxe Version looks very good. (As does all the Wonder Woman versions)..
Last edit: 27 Aug 2018 17:45 by Monty.

More
27 Aug 2018 19:20 #60849 by shadar

Markiehoe wrote: That's pretty cool looking!
If I am reading this right you can choose between the beautiful, breezy, youthful, long haired version or or a practical short haired version. ;)

It's not clear to me if that hair and the bird in hand are options that come with every one. It does say the cape and skirt are adjustable with wires under fabric, but the prototype doesn't look like fabric. 

In any case, these kinds of statues often vary a fair bit between prototype and production units, which aren't due to arrive for approx. another year. 

I would wait for closeup photos and descriptions of a production statue before I spent my money, and also to resolve any questions on posing and so forth.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• shadar
More
27 Aug 2018 19:54 #60850 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Sideshow DC Supergirl Premium Format 1/4 Kara

shadar wrote:

Markiehoe wrote: That's pretty cool looking!

It's not clear to me if that hair and the bird in hand are options that come with every one. It does say the cape and skirt are adjustable with wires under fabric, but the prototype doesn't look like fabric. 

In any case, these kinds of statues often vary a fair bit between prototype and production units, which aren't due to arrive for approx. another year. 

I would wait for closeup photos and descriptions of a production statue before I spent my money, and also to resolve any questions on posing and so forth.

Shadar

If you look through the image, you can see in one of the behind shots where you can see the cape is flexible/fabric.  It doesn't look that way from the front images though.

The figure comes in two varieties:

- Premimum (two heads, one with short hair, one with long hair).  They call them "portraits" because I guess that's what you call the sculpture of a head.
- Collector edition (just the long hair)

Both versions have the swap out hand with the dove.

In the Power Girl statue I bought, the head is a separate piece that sets on the statue, so it's easy to ship with two of them.  But for +$15 that seems like a steal/no brainer if you are in to spend the $510 already.

OTH, they only make so many (on purpose) and close that off as it move along.  It gets people to order "right now".  If you don't order soon enough there might not be any when it ships.

I will say I ordered PG in this stage and it looked exactly like the prototype.  The (now sold out but still on ebay) Black Canary statue also looked like it's prototype. But it's not a given thing (I just think sideshow is better at it than average and they make a lot of them every year).

But asking them questions to be sure what you're getting is always a good idea and doubly so if you are spending > $500.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, Markiehoe

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds