Amount

Lady Valiant

08 Sep 2018 02:11 #61003 by willow
Lady Valiant was created by willow
While browsing around I stumbled across this comic that might interest you all. Some scenes of super strength action and flight. The story is just starting, and the author has a Patreon page (link on the site) if you want to help encourage them financially.

ladyvaliantcomic.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Woodclaw, Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• willow
  • willow's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2018 04:02 #61004 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Lady Valiant
Well I liked it until about page 20.
Not for me.

More
08 Sep 2018 07:06 #61005 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Lady Valiant
The idea of a man taking over a woman's body has always been a bit odd, but intriguing. In the sense that he'd almost certainly be a lesbian. However. If the man in the females body has romantic feelings for another man, then...Were a bridge too far .We'll see where this goes....

More
08 Sep 2018 12:36 #61008 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Lady Valiant
This concept was already "explored" a lot in Mantra comicvine.gamespot.com/mantra/4005-14087/

More
08 Sep 2018 15:09 #61009 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Lady Valiant

Helstar wrote: This concept was already "explored" a lot in Mantra comicvine.gamespot.com/mantra/4005-14087/

I think this one has some potential that Mantra didn't: one of the basics of Mantra was that the guy was actually a massive misoginist, so living in a woman's body was a sort of purgatory. This webcomic imply that the main character is actually enjoying his predicament.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RD

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Sep 2018 19:40 #61013 by shevek
Replied by shevek on topic Lady Valiant
Read all the way to the current page (51)where Tom's friend asks him if he's "played around" with Miss Lane's body yet. That could go in an interesting direction.

Anyway this is not so much like Mantra (this has a much lighter tone) as it is a version of a Freaky Friday body-switch movie or something like that.
It even has the kind of throwback "80s" feel of, say, the Ranma 1/2 comic, and has a quasi-manga appearance to it anyway.
Nothing about the scenario is really about Current Year / third wave gender-studies politics, And that's refreshing for a change. I'll return to it every now and then to check it out.

More
08 Sep 2018 19:49 #61014 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Lady Valiant

Woodclaw wrote:

Helstar wrote: This concept was already "explored" a lot in Mantra comicvine.gamespot.com/mantra/4005-14087/

I think this one has some potential that Mantra didn't: one of the basics of Mantra was that the guy was actually a massive misoginist, so living in a woman's body was a sort of purgatory. This webcomic imply that the main character is actually enjoying his predicament.

This was a fairly popular theme around the end of the 1980's and early 1990's in on-line fan fiction. The idea of waking up inside a spectacular body of the opposite gender. I particularly enjoyed stories were some guy woke up as Supergirl and had to figure things out from there. 

This was long before I'd ever heard of the concept of a transgender person, and it was different given the mind who'd suddenly been dropped in a female body was still male, and usually a male who had never been comfortable around women. Suddenly he's got boobs and the world looks at "him" completely differently. Suddenly you're a hot female with super powers. Such stories can be fun, but I haven't seen much of this kind of fiction in 20 years. 

I'm not a fan of comics like this one for different reasons -- I prefer a well-written story with an odd graphic attached. Or, at the least, comics with a great deal of words. 

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
08 Sep 2018 21:31 #61015 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Lady Valiant
My problem with projects like this is that it takes about ten minutes to catch up to what's been a year or so of work, and now I have to wait for one new page of a slowly developing story every five days?  I don't blame the writer-artist, it takes as long as it takes.  It's just hard to stay motivated to check out new material, much less even remember that it's there.

More
08 Sep 2018 21:47 #61016 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Lady Valiant

www1969 wrote: My problem with projects like this is that it takes about ten minutes to catch up to what's been a year or so of work, and now I have to wait for one new page of a slowly developing story every five days?  I don't blame the writer-artist, it takes as long as it takes.  It's just hard to stay motivated to check out new material, much less even remember that it's there.

I have a book mark folder for web comics.  Every once in a sunday I go and pick one and catch back up.

The biggest problem is that even with fast connections, it's still this long between pages.  With a comic book (or on Comixology) I can read an entire issue w/o many delays per page (only a bit per issue), it just take a long time to read 100 pages of web comics.

I end up supporting a few kickstarters to get printed versions of free web comics as it's just much faster to read them that way ... even if I end up reading the PDF on my computer.

(And yes, I'm geek enough that I've figured out the image names for a web comic and just downloaded the images (but this steals page views) and also webscrabbed them (which doesn't but it's a little more work and I'm lazy). So mostly now I just read through them ... it's not TOO bad.)

I've been too lazy to download the pages as I read them, I should do this for fast catch-up/re-read.

More
09 Sep 2018 22:06 #61023 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Lady Valiant
It can certainly be annoying to have to wait for the next page. I use Feedly.com where I just add the comic (or other RSS feed) to my list. When a new page appears, it pops into my feed. Otherwise, I don't worry about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RD

• willow
  • willow's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds