Amount

Star #1: First Look

04 Jan 2020 02:49 #66223 by lfan
Star #1: First Look was created by lfan
We've discussed this new mini series which comes out this Wed (Jan 8) but CBR posted an exclusive preview.  No uberness up to where it cuts off, but I think we're gonna be in for a treat!

check it out:
www.cbr.com/star-first-look-marvel-living-infinity-stone/

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, Sarge395, Dru1076, Kamelmann, SCOTT R, Slim0926, TwiceOnThursdays, Woody

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Jan 2020 07:02 #66225 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Star #1: First Look
I'd been avoiding reading the preview because I was getting it anyway.

Just did and now I'm eagerly looking forward to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
05 Jan 2020 01:29 #66241 by Kamelmann
Replied by Kamelmann on topic Star #1: First Look
My first time seeing it, but immediately this looks to have amazing potential, gosh, thanks for the heads up! :D

More
11 Jan 2020 15:16 - 11 Jan 2020 15:25 #66352 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Star #1: First Look
Wow that was a great first issue. I was not familiar with Ripley Ryan, but the reviews says she almos killed half of new york before being defeated by Captain Marvel. Now

[SPOILERS]

Now somehow she´s linked with The Reality Stone, witch makes her simple God Like. but she does not no how to use yet, so she´s trashed a lot in this issue. There´s a great confrontation with Titania and later with Jessica Jones. She´s starting to learn how to use the power of the gem.

(END SPOILERS)

Now I would like to see her previous appearrences in comics, can anyone inform with issues or saga she was in? Thanks.

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 15:25 by arvin sloane.

More
11 Jan 2020 15:23 #66353 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Star #1: First Look

arvin sloane wrote: Wow that was a great first issue. I was not familiar with Ripley Ryan, but the reviews says she almos killed half of new york before being defeated by Captain Marvel. Now

[SPOILERS]

Now somehow she´s linked with The Reality Stone, witch makes her simple God Like. but she does not no how to use yet, so she´s trashed a lot in this issue. There´s a great confrontation with Titania and later with Jessica Jones. She´s starting to learn how to use the power of the gem.

(END SPOILERS)

Now I would like to see her previous appearrences in comics, can anyone inform with issues or saga she was in? Thanks.

Her first appearance as Ripley takes place early on in the latest Cpatain Marvel series.  I think issue 1 or 2.  Her origin as Star was a recent arc in the CM series starting with issue #8 and going through Issue 12.   She is fairly new on the scene as a Marvel character.

I thought Star #1 was great although it disappointed a tad in the u ergirl fan service department.  The scene in the bar had such potential for her to exhibit uberness but never came to be.  However, I thought the writing was brilliant as well as the handling of the character and her coping with the reality stone.   Looking forward to next issue!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Jan 2020 18:42 #66356 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Star #1: First Look

lfan wrote:

arvin sloane wrote: Wow that was a great first issue. I was not familiar with Ripley Ryan, but the reviews says she almos killed half of new york before being defeated by Captain Marvel. Now

[SPOILERS]

(END SPOILERS)

Her first appearance as Ripley takes place early on in the latest Cpatain Marvel series.  I think issue 1 or 2.  Her origin as Star was a recent arc in the CM series starting with issue #8 and going through Issue 12.   She is fairly new on the scene as a Marvel character.

I thought Star #1 was great although it disappointed a tad in the u ergirl fan service department.  The scene in the bar had such potential for her to exhibit uberness but never came to be.  However, I thought the writing was brilliant as well as the handling of the character and her coping with the reality stone.   Looking forward to next issue!

ElF

My comment on the comic seems to be that the reality stone is operating a bit differently than it did before (esp recently), but since it's also changed now .. it's not longer a "stone" but is bonded to someone's soul), that more than makes up for it.  While I wold love a instant ramp up for some super-uber action, I also really love the learning the ropes part.  Including Scarlet Witch in the next book should be good -- I wonder if it's going to be a fight or maybe a start of Star's redemption arc if Wanda is there to determine if Star is dangerous or just needs to be taught, or is there to fight from the start.  I do hope the former, as Wanda should be someone who thinks first before attacking.  I suspect that given Riley's psychological make up, she's miscontrue what Wanda wants anyway.

Slight correction.  Star's run ends in #11, #12 starts the new arc. And I'll confirm that she appears in Captain Marvel #1 and her first appearence as Star is in Captain Marvel #8.  I don't think she appears anywhere before that, but I could be wrong.

This is the series that started in 2019, and is currently running.  Here's the comixology link, as that will let you you know the covers if you go elsewhere looking for the physical comics:

www.comixology.com/Captain-Marvel-2019/comics-series/125088

There is a trade that just came out of Captain Marvel 6-11 ("Falling Star").  There is also one for the first arc, which contains her first appearence as Ripley.

Again, link so you know what you're after, I don't get anything for them, just as a good help to point people to what they need.  Also I really like InStockTrades, they take a few days to ship, but the prices are good and the packaging is excellent.  But if you have a local comic story, they always appreciate the $$. ;-)

www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/CAPTAIN-...LLING-STAR/OCT191117
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, arvin sloane

More
12 Jan 2020 16:23 #66369 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Star #1: First Look
Thanks for the info mate, will search these comics

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds