Amount

M.O.M.

21 Jul 2021 18:46 #71852 by lfan
M.O.M. was created by lfan
In case anyone is interested, Image Comics put up a new miniseries (1st of 3 issues) called M.O.M., Mother of Madness.  The main protagonist, a mom, gets a variety of powers (including super strength) when her monthly period comes a calling.  Yep, superpowered menstruation.

It's not a completely new concept, as I remember comic in the 90s called Ms PMS (or something like that), but it's definitely not a common trope. The art has a 70's psychedelic vibe to it, and I cannot tell if I like it or not.  The story seems to match the artwork in that it kinda pulls you in lots of directions and you're not sure where you are at times, but overall I liked it and will look forward to #2.

I was eager to check this out cause it was written by none other than the Mother of Dragons herself, Emilia Clarke (Danerys from Game of Thrones).  Acting aside, Emilia seems to be a really cool and fun person in interviews -- never taking herself too seriously -- and that aspect I thought definitely came through in the story.

Anyways, check it out over at comixology: www.comixology.com/M-O-M-Mother-of-Madne...pc3QvUmVjZW50TGlzdDA

ElF

The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, aguilauno, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Jul 2021 18:24 #71853 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic M.O.M.
Reminds me of SuperMom.
After dropping the kids off at school, she has to undergo a tremendous transformation in her car to save the planet from an alien invasion.
Definitely wouldn't want to mess with her!

vimeo.com/64537748
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, slim36, jyache, CANNNNIS, reddofnonnac

More
22 Jul 2021 18:29 #71854 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic M.O.M.

Reminds me of SuperMom.
After dropping the kids off at school, she has to undergo a tremendous transformation in her car to save the planet from an alien invasion.
Definitely wouldn't want to mess with her!

vimeo.com/64537748

That was an awesome commercial for Coke. Loved those simpler days.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Jul 2021 18:50 #71855 by RD
Replied by RD on topic M.O.M.
I don't remember the one with the aliens. Thanks for sharing it.

I remember this one, though: vimeo.com/45608792
The following user(s) said Thank You: reddofnonnac, Monty

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds