Amount

New Ubergirl Book??

30 Mar 2005 20:08 #634 by lfan
New Ubergirl Book?? was created by lfan
Scott Lobdell (Xmen, Ball & Chain) is currently working on a new project due 'near end of 2005' described as follows:

"I’m doing a book for Wildstorm which is called It’s All About Me, which is a story about the most spoiled 16 year-old girl in America getting superpowers and all she can do is physically use them in ways to make her own life better. "

Sounded on-topic....

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Mar 2005 00:06 #640 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: New Ubergirl Book??

a story about the most spoiled 16 year-old girl in America getting superpowers and all she can do is physically use them in ways to make her own life better

So, Santa did get my letter last year. :D

More
07 Apr 2005 02:13 #726 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Sweet 16!
Sounds like a winner to me as well.

Will this be a comic book or a novel? I'm assuming a comic book. Wonder if it will be a limited series or a monthly issue.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
07 Apr 2005 13:37 #735 by ck
Replied by ck on topic Re: New Ubergirl Book??
Ah timing...

Want to guess one of the guests at Supanova Brisbane convention this Sat/Sun?

At least I'll have a question to ask :)

CK

More
07 Apr 2005 14:39 #739 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: New Ubergirl Book??
CK --

Lobdell? Man, ask some good questions, CK and report back!!! Please! Also, curious, ask him what happened to the Ball & Chain TV Project --- did a pilot get made? It got casted (Dan Cortese, Myndi Crist) but then got dropped from FOX.....

Timing IS everything!!

LF

Ah timing...

Want to guess one of the guests at Supanova Brisbane convention this Sat/Sun?

At least I'll have a question to ask :)

CK

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Apr 2005 22:49 #784 by ck
Pity it had to occur because the guy who cemented the new Supergirl visually, Michael Turner, had to drop out due to illiness :(

More
28 Apr 2005 07:51 #947 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: New Ubergirl Book??
Any update CK?

More
29 Apr 2005 12:57 #965 by ck
*shakes head*

Panel was generalized short history of his career and chat about movie ideas/Holywood way of doing things, he mentioned It's All About Me, but only really in general terms (new comic series I'm working on). Guess what was asked during question and answer? X-men this, X-men that. As an X-men hater, made me sigh, especially considering I was doing my best eager "oh! oh! Pick me! Me!" arm up in the air school kid impression and didn't get picked...

But he did cover the Ball & Chain pilot issue. A pilot was actually filmed, but only partially completed. The partial/short pilot did have special effects, but was passed on. The movie rights were considered by Warner without even seeing it.

CK

More
29 Apr 2005 15:53 #967 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: New Ubergirl Book??
CK --

I wouldn't say I HATE the X-men, but I know what you mean (jesus, do they or Batman need yet another book????)

Thanks for info on B&C......always wondered what happened to it. Truly a holy grail find to maybe see the pilot, if it exists in some viewable form. You said WB considered the movie rights....that mean they picked it up?

LF

*shakes head*

Panel was generalized short history of his career and chat about movie ideas/Holywood way of doing things, he mentioned It's All About Me, but only really in general terms (new comic series I'm working on). Guess what was asked during question and answer? X-men this, X-men that. As an X-men hater, made me sigh, especially considering I was doing my best eager "oh! oh! Pick me! Me!" arm up in the air school kid impression and didn't get picked...

But he did cover the Ball & Chain pilot issue. A pilot was actually filmed, but only partially completed. The partial/short pilot did have special effects, but was passed on. The movie rights were considered by Warner without even seeing it.

CK

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Jul 2005 00:43 #1800 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic Re: New Ubergirl Book??
I knew I forgot something... I'll have to go look over the net at the wildstorm coverage to see if there is any mention of the book. There has to be an art team on it by now.

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds