Amount

Supergirl 13

03 Jan 2007 02:27 #7821 by Random321
Supergirl 13 was created by Random321
This one is a step back in the right direction. Good story, good art, and some good action.

They show Supergirl holding a car overhead, fighting, mangling metal in her hand, getting punched and blasted through a tanker truck that explodes among other things.

The story is moving along again too. There was good dialogue between SG and Lois about the relationship with Superman and some other character building related to self image of sorts.

Maybe there is hope she'll be more heroic and might reconsider the rejection of the alter ego. Plus I'm okay with the PowerBoy character for now.

I'm not sure what to make of the mess of the last two issues but this is looking up again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
03 Jan 2007 18:01 #7829 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Supergirl 13
Upcoming fanboy fodder includes a "super catfight" between Kara and Batgirl. Early artwork I've seen even has Batgirl armed with a Kryptonite "you-know-what". Yes, I meant a bat-a-rang!! :P

ElF

This one is a step back in the right direction. Good story, good art, and some good action.

They show Supergirl holding a car overhead, fighting, mangling metal in her hand, getting punched and blasted through a tanker truck that explodes among other things.

The story is moving along again too. There was good dialogue between SG and Lois about the relationship with Superman and some other character building related to self image of sorts.

Maybe there is hope she'll be more heroic and might reconsider the rejection of the alter ego. Plus I'm okay with the PowerBoy character for now.

I'm not sure what to make of the mess of the last two issues but this is looking up again.

More
01 Mar 2007 05:50 #8473 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Supergirl 13
Well ~ most of us who cared have seen the SG / "BG" fight. I thought it was a bit of a let down. There was a lot of SG being hurt, looking pathetic, and being beat down, but not a really solid blow for blow fight.

It went from being one sided one way to very suddenly one sided the other way. The art was okay, but seemed to be missing the normal great background detail, the story was okay. It was better than some of the recent issues we've seen, but nothing that special.

I'm holding hope, but not holding my breath on this new artist that will show up in the next issue... :?

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
01 Mar 2007 09:22 #8476 by karasupergirl78
Replied by karasupergirl78 on topic Re: Supergirl 13

Well ~ most of us who cared have seen the SG / "BG" fight. I thought it was a bit of a let down. There was a lot of SG being hurt, looking pathetic, and being beat down, but not a really solid blow for blow fight.

It went from being one sided one way to very suddenly one sided the other way. The art was okay, but seemed to be missing the normal great background detail, the story was okay. It was better than some of the recent issues we've seen, but nothing that special.

I'm holding hope, but not holding my breath on this new artist that will show up in the next issue... :?

I agree, red uva light was a bit of a let down, and stopped a really good fight.

More
01 Mar 2007 13:57 #8477 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Supergirl 13
What was that crystal like crap that came out of SG at the end? I didn't get it.

More
01 Mar 2007 14:47 #8478 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Supergirl 13
I find it weird, strange, disturbing, frustrating that well-established comic icons have to be "re-tooled" so much!

First she was an angel (which we all know went over SO well) and now she has the crystal thingees. From the looks of cover previews, they ain't goin away anytime soon.

Then, the latest issue of Superman had him as an "angel" on the cover with big wings. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! I mean I'm up for re-launching titles from time to time for new generations fo readers, but Superman and SGirl are who they are and who they have been for ages. Why mess with it?

ElF

What was that crystal like crap that came out of SG at the end? I didn't get it.

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds