Amount

WWIII -- Wrong Antagonist!!

19 Apr 2007 12:16 #9028 by lfan
WWIII -- Wrong Antagonist!! was created by lfan
Anyone looking for TOTAL uber carnage and destruction, check out DC's latest attempt at usurping cash for the consumer -- the weekly sagas.

Anyone following "52" has basically been following several plotlines in the DC Universe for 50 weeks straight now. Well, as a segue into their NEXT weeekly book "Countdown" (where Mary Marvel goes evil supposedly), they released "World War III" -- a four issue mini-series released over a single week (this past one).

***** SPOILERS ******

WWIII is basically the entire DC Universe battling Black Adam, who has gone a little off the deep end murdering a whole village as collateral damage for killing his new wife (Isis). Needless to say, Adam kicks total ass, taking down hero after hero, showing remarkable power! Aslo, takes on the military and has a scene with fighter jets and an aircraft carrier that is something out of an SWM story!!

Gets a little graphic too as he kills a popular hero (won't say whom, but "Women in Refrigerators" just got another tenant!) ramming his fist through the heroes chest. All-in-all, an action slugfest!

Just a shame it wasn't a female villianess! :P Woulda made for even more interesting theatre!!

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Apr 2007 19:54 #9068 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: WWIII -- Wrong Antagonist!!
There has been a lot of buzz on the boards about Mary turning evil. Esp with that one cover preview that is out there. Very provocative ~ reminds me a bit of the Al Rio postcard which was out a few months ago that I liked a great deal (more because of theme than the costume).

My only gripe is that the good/evil/good/evil transition/formation feels a bit overplayed lately. I mean DC did it in SG and really didn’t execute anything all that special ~ I don’t’ know why that’s the only one I can that is the only one I can think of but I feel like I’ve seen it everywhere. It’s starting to feel like the “well we’ve gone no other good ideas or characters so let’s make him/her evil for a while” storyline.

Still, rather than be so negative it would be fun to see Mary go bezerk in the same graphic and intense fashion as Black Adam. Maybe really show off those powers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds