Amount

Superman / Batman #19

27 Apr 2005 22:01 #929 by lfan
Superman / Batman #19 was created by lfan
A definite entry on the must-read ubergirl comic list! This book features the new Kara in the feature story as she assumes her new mantle as the "Girl of Steel". Lots of action, good story, and great art (IMO).

Check it out, people!

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 May 2005 16:38 #1124 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Superman / Batman #19
Guess this version of the character is doomed too, seeing that I'm the only one who read it..... :roll:

(crickets chirping in the distance)

LF

A definite entry on the must-read ubergirl comic list! This book features the new Kara in the feature story as she assumes her new mantle as the "Girl of Steel". Lots of action, good story, and great art (IMO).

Check it out, people!

LF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Jun 2005 07:33 #1482 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Superman / Batman #19
I for one enjoyed it - I don't often buy "graphic novels" but for this one I was willing to put my colar up and go into the dark depths of the local comic store for. :?

Great Art - In a couple frames where SG is smaller and the pen work on her face was a little strange and inconsistant ~ however in the larger frames she always looked great.

I think Turner had an assistant who did better background art - but in this book at least the humans/aliens look good almost like humans and aliens if you get what I mean.

Gotta say I like the new outfit - the variable cape length is a little funny - and I normally like the red skirt - but nice fresh stuff.

Nice Story Set Up - Lots of Action. 4.5 S's

More
13 Jun 2005 15:13 #1485 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Superman / Batman #19
I've been trying to find this issue around here but can't seem to. I saw it while I was on vacation but didn't want to try and stuff one more item into my luggage for transport home. Anyway, from what I saw, the art looks awesome.

More
15 Aug 2005 20:47 #2129 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: Superman / Batman #19

I've been trying to find this issue around here but can't seem to. I saw it while I was on vacation but didn't want to try and stuff one more item into my luggage for transport home. Anyway, from what I saw, the art looks awesome.

I found "#19" a serious step down in the eye style and coloring from the graphic novel, but otherwise it contains a decent 'bank robbery' scene, which I consider to be bread-and-butter comic plot. I've scanned it to my Echo 1 site, if you'd like to borrow it.

Love,
White Paw

More
15 Aug 2005 20:57 #2130 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Superman / Batman #19
What's the URL for your site?

More
15 Aug 2005 21:46 #2132 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: Superman / Batman #19

What's the URL for your site?

Sowy, cutie. That's for me to profile, and you to find out.
:wink:
Love,
White Paw

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds