Amount

Empowered

25 Jul 2007 22:57 #9900 by yohashuan
Empowered was created by yohashuan
I picked up the first compilation of 'Empowered' comics yesterday. Great stuff! For those that don't know, it's a collection of shorts that parodies the whole online-superheroine-domination-fetish thing, and it's very funny and well done.

The main character is a hot, young (yet refreshingly self-conscious) blonde girl who's powers come from the ridiculously skin-tight "hyper-membrane" suit she wears. Unfortunately, her magic uniform is prone to ripping and tearing under duress - leaving her powerless at the most inopportune times. Naturally, many wacky hi-jinks ensue.

The comic is by a dude named Adam Warren - who has a very manga-y art style (which is a plus in my eyes). As such, there's not a lot of excruciating detail to the artwork - which might put some people off - but his characters are very expressive and he draws real sexy eyes, lips, boobs, and butts (... and really, what else is there?) He'd originally created the character when he was commissioned by an online "fan" to do a bunch of risque superheroine-in-peril pieces. What started as a set of one-offs soon became a series of sequentials that was eventually compiled and published by Dark Horse comics. Volumes 2 & 3 are coming out in the upcoming months.

So I skimmed over the entire thing last night - and though it's more skewed towards the 'peril' side of our beloved genre - there is plenty in there for us 'ubergirl' fans as well. I'm wondering if anyone else here has had a chance to pick it up, and if so, what'd you think?

Dark Horse Comics site: www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-043

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yohashuan
  • yohashuan's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2007 02:15 #9904 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: Empowered
Actually, I picked it up out of curiousity and found it very entertaining. Put a smile on my face. 8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds