Amount

Who not to use or buy from?

15 Feb 2005 03:41 #103 by Sarge395
Who not to use or buy from? was created by Sarge395
I've had really bad luck with Garrett Blair.

www.garrett-blair.com/ is his website. His artwork looks pretty good. He offers a lot of stuff on eBay. That is where I got taken. Bid on two commission pieces and won. That was almost a year ago with one piece purchased in late March of 04 and one in the middle of April of 04. No physical art in my hands as of today. He did send a .jpg sketch of one of the pieces a few months ago. Can't remember when it was. Emailed him quite a few times after that including 2 weeks ago. No response.

On eBay he has 8 negatives overall in entirety and 4 neutrals in the last year. Feedback is at 97.x? Not sure how many neutrals overall he has. Scanning his feedback it looks like if it is completed art you are pretty likely to get it. If it is a commission piece it is a gamble if you'll get it within 90 days. I fear that many like me waited for the art too long and missed the deadline to post negative feedback. So this is my warning to you all.

I've basically paid out $126 for a preliminary .jpg image. Garrett if you are out there please explain to me where my art I paid for is or kindly return my money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
10 Apr 2005 16:11 #790 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Update to this disaster
Well, Garrett has had my money now for officially OVER 1 year without any physical artwork in my hands. Just had one .jpg preview sketch of one of two pieces that I paid to have commissioned.

All emails have gone unanswered for a few months now. I'm being deployed for a second time now and have almost given up any hope of getting what I paid for.

Garrett if you are 'googling' for your name and happen upon this then please complete my art and send it to me.

Total cash lost was over $100 or close to it. I'm too lazy to dig through my old emails that I saved to add it up.

• Sarge395
More
09 May 2005 02:00 #1093 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Update as of May 9 2005
Garrett emailed me a .jpg of the second piece I had commissioned. He says he will be sending both commissions out this coming Friday. So far the quality looks up to his normal high standards. Can't wait to receive them. Just in time for me to put them away while I head off for round 2.

• Sarge395
More
09 May 2005 05:09 #1094 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: Who not to use or buy from?
Hmm. Sounds like he draws with the mind-boggling speed of continental drift. Not a good quality in an artist when the client expects speedy(or at least less than a year's waiting) delivery.

More
25 Jul 2005 13:27 #1899 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Deal is complete
Garrett finally sent my two pieces of art. He was true to his word that I would receive them. They were of his usual high quality and excellent form. I appreciate the work that was done but am not pleased with the time (about 1.5 years) it took to deliver.

I would only use him again if I could pay upon delivery.

• Sarge395
More
25 Jul 2005 20:21 #1901 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Deal is complete
Let's see 'em Sarge! :) Seriously, gald you finally got 'em and he made good. I actually had a similar situation with Erik Burham who did a piece for me and then disappeared. Turned out he kinda got disconnected, lost track of the piece, found my email like 8 months later and contacted me.

Shit happens I guess, but good to know they both made good in our cases, unlike some (side note: 'Jim Kyle', rot in hell!!!)....

Take care and check your PM here for a going away present!

Peace
LF

Garrett finally sent my two pieces of art. He was true to his word that I would receive them. They were of his usual high quality and excellent form. I appreciate the work that was done but am not pleased with the time (about 1.5 years) it took to deliver.

I would only use him again if I could pay upon delivery.

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds