Amount

Workshop menu

21 Oct 2015 20:44 #44657 by fats
Workshop menu was created by fats
Hi all,

Just a little note to let you know that the Workshop menu item is now working, it's been changed from having a menu item for each workshop to one menu item for them all.

You will also notice that the SuperGirl Time Line menu item has been moved from the community menu to the main menu this is a test to see if more people will view it or not.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Oct 2015 00:12 #44660 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Workshop menu
One other thing, I used to be flattered by the amount of hits my story received over the years. But with some stories receiving 10000 hits seemingly over night, it appears that the popularity meter is a sham.

Too bad

More
22 Oct 2015 03:36 #44663 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Workshop menu
This is a relatively new phenomenon. I used to have the third most popular story on the site. Lois Lane vs Wonder Woman has been creeping up on my story for well over a year but has finally made up the 300 plus hit deficit and now has a 43 hit lead. This was foreseeable last year. The stories were submitted in May and June of 2011 so they have been around awhile. Supanji, which IMO is the best story ever posted to this site took two years to surpass the above two stories. So while I think the hit meter is still a pretty good measure of things, it may have been somewhat compromised because stories do not jump up 5000-10,000 hits in 3 months. And yes D_K_C that is a little depressing.

More
22 Oct 2015 04:07 #44664 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Workshop menu
Huh. I have now the third most popular story on the site--and its a chapter of Tales of Mazing Girl. And its the only chapter of Mazing Girl in the top 200. Huh. It seems very random. Thats been read 20,000 times.

Its also kinda the chapter that intorduced what passes for the overarching plot(in which she randomly hooks up with another hero and deals with waking up in there house). I think its one of the better chapters in the saga- Theres a good fight in the middle and do think the ending is sweet, when they ave the tituatlar trip to the mueusm....but

Huh.

More
22 Oct 2015 05:30 #44666 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Workshop menu
Umm, I think there was some kind of screwup when you did the Workshop listings. No matter what link you click on, it will only display the same 3 stories for one particular workshop and clicking on the links for any other workshop will just take the same page no matter what

More
22 Oct 2015 07:12 #44667 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Workshop menu
hi,

I've noticed the same thing, it's something that I'm working on sorting, if I cant get it sorted I'll redo the old menu method.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Oct 2015 23:50 #44677 by fats
OK, I've spent most of the day looking at this issue, and for what I can tell it's a bug rather than a setting issue, so I've made a bug report, on Saturday I'll restore the cascade menu.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Oct 2015 20:01 #44905 by fats
OK, I've been working on this problem all day, and I'm no closer to fixing it, it appeared to a be a issue with the session data but that proved to a false lead, then I looked at how the site cached the site, I did find issues there so I've tweaked it and I have improved the site speed, but it still has not sorted the issue out, I'm going to send a bug report to see if there is other people with the same problem, and see if it is a bug or just a misconfiguration.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds