Amount

Site shutdown - 29th November

25 Nov 2015 14:28 #45380 by fats
Site shutdown - 29th November was created by fats
Hi all,

I'm going to shut the site down on the 29th November to allow me to update the underlying server software, the updates will make it impossible for the site be active when I install them, so I will take the site down for the morning, the updates are there to improve on the server's performance, as some of you have commented to me the site has been very slow over the last few weeks, so with that in mind I'm going to reinstall the server software and make the changes needed to improve the performance of the server.

I will keep people up to date with what is going on the facebook group (link below) also I'll be available for live chat on the IRC chat room as well.

My plans where to do this on xmas day when the site is at it's lowest activity level but with the complaints of poor speed and the other issues I'm moving this up to Sunday.

site will be down from 7am (GMT) until 3pm (GMT)

Again sorry for this but my goal is always to give members the best site possible.

Fats

IRC: webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23superwomenmania&uio=d4
FB Group: www.facebook.com/groups/364817733660653/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Woodclaw, Raa, Dru1076, Random321, SCOTT R, five_red, Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Nov 2015 18:12 #45388 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Site shutdown - 29th November
Glad you aren't waiting... appreciate your working to make it faster, Fats.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
30 Nov 2015 22:46 #45415 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Site shutdown - 29th November
Thank-you for all your hard work Fats! It's good to have SWM back (and it does seem to be *much* faster).

*posted here and not on the main page because it says "Please setup your antispam settings in the 'Comments' and 'Advanced' tabs inside K2's backend parameters." when you try to hit submit comment (but your probably knew that).

More
02 Dec 2015 13:30 #45465 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Site shutdown - 29th November
Thanks Fats for everything you do.

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds