Amount

Kunena 5

08 Aug 2016 17:34 #49506 by fats
Kunena 5 was created by fats
Hi all,

Today I've updated the site's forum software to Kunena 5.0.0 is marks a major milestone for kunena as it's the first version that has all new code, other changes include the full inclusion of social buttons so you can promote your threads via Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms.

Other than the fact that there has been 129 Bugs fixed and 185 Improvements the most major improvement is the inclusion of PHP 7 support, PHP 7 marks another milestone as it will improve the speed of the site, testing shows an improvement at around 200-300% over the current PHP version that we are running, I'm going to upgrade the version of PHP on Sunday morning, when the site is at it's quietest so if I have to take the site offline it will impact the fewest number of people.

Let me know below if there is anything that you see that is wrong with the site and I'll get them sorted.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, five_red, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Aug 2016 18:11 #49510 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Kunena 5
The beveling of the corners of our avatars is odd, but I have no opinion on it.

I (still) can't use any of the controls on the top bar of the home page - when I mouse over then the words appear below them but splashed directly on the page beneath with no background colored blocks and as I move the mouse down to select amongst them they vanish before I can click anything. This was an issue on the old software also. I'm running IE9 so it may just be a browser no current programmer cares about :).

New to the change opening up a reply window in the forum lacks any of the tools/modals to modify the text.

Hope the transition goes smoothly otherwise :).

More
08 Aug 2016 22:58 #49515 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Kunena 5
I've changed the avatars back to the original shape, just added a little rounding at the corners.

IE 9 has an issue with a number of sites that use moo tools, unfortunately there is not much I can do, all I can suggest is that you get either chrome or opera as your main browser.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Aug 2016 00:44 #49517 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Kunena 5
On the front page i can see the purpose for the drop down menus for the various forrum stuff, but it does kinda exist as an added step that seems unecessary. its hard to tell which is which activity wise.

Ie if i want to see new supergirl stuff, maybe its there maybe its not, but i still have to click it.

More
09 Aug 2016 01:50 #49519 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Kunena 5
New site SW is working fine with Safari. I like the new drop down box design, which also work just fine on my phone. Maybe an extra click or two, but I've always thought lists with scroll bars are very functional given the small amount of screen real estate they consume.

This new font in the Forum is great too.

Seems like a win to me. Good work.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Aug 2016 18:24 #49525 by fats
one issue that I'm aware of is when you click on a topic title in the latest forum, supergirl or comments module it does not take you to the last post, this is being looked into.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlbertC

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Aug 2016 20:04 #49527 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Kunena 5
One thing I would ask about the possibility to access the logs in this chat bar in the right of the site when user is offline. Sometimes there are some links or similar that are inside and we have to wait for a person's login in order to get it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LustMonster

More
09 Aug 2016 21:02 #49528 by fats

AlbertC wrote: One thing I would ask about the possibility to access the logs in this chat bar in the right of the site when user is offline. Sometimes there are some links or similar that are inside and we have to wait for a person's login in order to get it again.

Hi, not with this version of the chat software, codologic are working on a new version of the chat software so that might be in the next version, it's been on version 10 for some time so I'm expecting some major improvements in the next version.

If you can PM me the chat details i.e who sent you the link and to what the link is for then I can search the database for them and send them to you.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds