Amount

Uber Girls in anime and manga.

09 Feb 2005 09:58 - 26 Apr 2011 00:03 #38 by anterion
Uber Girls in anime and manga. was created by anterion
Hi folks.

Thought I'd assemble a little list about the ubergirls I know in japanese anime and manga.

The concept of physically powerful female characters is a very frequent one here. Maybe not the usual Supergirl type but non the less nice, if you ask me.

Anyway... here's the list. I'll add more whenever I remember one I forgot.

• A-ko from "Project A-ko" -- Probably the most known anime power girl. Her runaway strength is part of the slapstick storyline that makes constant fun of nearly every anime clichee imaginable.

• Maris from "Maris the Wondergirl" -- Another comedy anime about a girl with superhuman strength. Besides being an intergalactic police officer she needs to take part time jobs to pay for all the things she breaks.

• Birdy from "Birdy the mighty" -- Birdy is an intergalactic crime fighter who accidently kills a young man. To save him she merges with him so they now switch form between his body and her superhuman body.

• Akane and Shampoo from "Ranma 1/2" -- Both girls are tough fighters and "normaly" strong in the whole series, but they receive a temporary dose of superhuman strength in the episode "Transform - Akane the Super Duper Girl". That ends in the most impressive "Ping Pong" match ever :P

• Lime, Cherry and Bloodberry from "Saber Marionette J", "Saber Marionette J to X" and "Saber Marionette J Again". -- Three "marionettes", female androids that unlike others have emotions. They all love Otaru and so they fight about him among each other when they are not fighting the evil emporer Faust and his Saber Dolls. Funny but with a cool story line.

• Motoko Kusanagi from "Ghost in the Shell" and its sucessors -- While not a real ubergirl, Motoko is a full cyborg with comes with quite some power. These movies and serieses are very serious in tone but great in action and storyline. Cyber Sci-Fi at its best.

• Mirai from "Moldiver" -- Mirai discovers her brothers device to alter the physical laws around a person's body and such adopts an alter ego as the super powered crime fighter Moldiver.

• Sonnet from "Blue Sonnet" -- Killer cyborg created from a runaway girl, Sonnet is sent out to kill. In a testing run she easily takes out a tank and a helicopter.

• Kitty from "Silent Moebius" -- Yet another female cyborg heavy hitter. Whenever raw brawn is needed for the fight against monsters in this dark city, Kitty is up to it.

• Shinobu from "Urusai Yatsura" -- Shinobu is known for her short temper and whenever she is really angry she seems to develop superhuman power. Very comedy like because that power is mostly used to hit Ataru with something hard and very heavy.

More to come :)

See ya,

Anterion
Last edit: 26 Apr 2011 00:03 by lfan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anterion
  • anterion's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2005 19:13 #415 by happiest_in_shadows
Replied by happiest_in_shadows on topic I hope you don't mind.
Here are a few extra rather powerful females.

Seras - From the Hellsing series, Seras is a police officer that gets turned into a vampire near the beginning of the series. While she never matches her master in power, they have a few nice shows of strength which include. Bending the barrel of a gun, throwing someone quite a ways through a door, shattering the heads of a few undead with her fist and she regularly carries around a cannon that looks like it belongs on a small tank.

Eclair- From Kiddy Grade, Eclair is a member of the Galactic Union of Trades and Tariffs which employs a certain number of enhanced humans. Eclair’s abilities are super strength and speed, a few nice scenes is when she is dancing and accidently steps down to hard the entire building shakes, she picks up what looks to be a two ton slab of rock and easily takes out a group of cyborgs with just her fist.

Mahoro - From Mahoromatic, a combat android turned made this has a few nice strength scenes as well. One of my favorites is when she catches a few bullets between her fingers. This one doesn't have as much strength scenes as I would have liked though it is still nice.

Kurumi - From Steel Angel Kurumi, Kurumi lifts a guy by this throat, while her sibling Saki tears a massive battle robot in half with just one kick. Oh Kurumi also catches what amounts to a spiked wrecking ball easily with one hand. She is also seen regularly carrying around her “master” with one arm. Though by the way she treats him I would wonder who is really the master.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
10 Apr 2005 20:06 #794 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Possible addition soon
I picked up some episodes from the 'Ikkitousen' series... I read the original manga, and they're pretty much in ubergirl territory. When I've watched them, I'll report back on if they're any good.

More
21 May 2005 17:59 #1264 by Supergeek
Replied by Supergeek on topic Hey, you missed this one!
What about Android # 18 from Dragon Ball Z? She destroys two police cars by holding her arms out and letting them slice through the steel like a hot knife through butter, then destroys another by throwing it against a distant cliff, and Trunks has a flashback and we get to see bullets bouncing off her body! Now that's what I call a super anime girl! :wink:

More
22 May 2005 01:52 #1266 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
What's the name of that episode?

More
22 May 2005 02:59 #1267 by Supergeek
Replied by Supergeek on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
# 18 destroys those police cars in episode # 126 "The Reunion" and bullets bounce off her magnificent body in a flashback Trunks has in episode # 149 "Ghosts From Tommorow" You can also see her do plenty of damage in episodes 118-125, "Nightmare Comes True", "Goku's Assassin", "Deadly Beauty", "No Match for the Androids", "Closing In", "Unwelcome Discovery", and "Seized With Fear."

More
23 Apr 2006 01:53 #5323 by IronKnight
Replied by IronKnight on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
And another: Natsumi Tsujimoto from "You're Under Arrest!"

From the first episode, she lifts AND carries a motorscooter up a long, steep flight of stairs (and those things are not exactly light).

She has also arm-wrestled every guy at her police station (except for Ken Nakajima) and beat them all...except for one.

On top of this, in the Second Series (released in Japan, fansubbed a few years ago), she lifts a car from the bumper and flips it over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pvpjtgb88

More
26 Apr 2006 18:29 #5374 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
A couple more.

The title character in "Cutey Honey."

Mew and Mika in "Hyperdoll."

More
08 May 2006 18:22 #5472 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
Tsunade from Naruto. She demolishes stone walls and creates massive craters with her punches, and one character mentions that she knocked him 100 meters with a single punch.

I don't think the English versions of Naruto have gotten that far, either the anime or the manga. I had to DL some fansubs of the original Japanese versions to even see her at all.

More
22 Jun 2006 09:22 #5899 by taliesan
Replied by taliesan on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
Another missed one: Asia Clan-Clan from Outlaw Star. A super-strength alien catgirl (race: Catrl-Catrl), she's able to press in the multi-ton range, twist metal/starship hulls, and is generally raging enough to cause considerable damage to her environment. So, she's an ubergirl/catgirl...oh, and she can transform into a large cat or a 'werewolf' style cat/humanoid....so that should cover a lot of fantasy bases for the internet community :)

Special Note: Outlaw Star ep#18: The Strongest Woman in the Universe. Ubergirl wrestling match. Enjoy.

More
21 Oct 2006 13:04 #7080 by Wotan45
Do you know the anime "Nanako SOS" (in french "supernana", in italian "nana supergirl"). It's the story of a teenage supergirl who who don't know her own identity but use her powers (flight power, super staight, super hearing...) for a job of superhero...

More
24 Jan 2007 15:04 #7992 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
This past Saturday, I discovered a new anime ubergirl, though she is a bit young-looking. Episode 18 of Bleach showed Ururu's uber side. She may look like a little girl, but her punches and kicks pack some serious power. While sparring with Ichigo, the hero fo the show, Ururu's first punch sends him flying through the air and subsequent misses throw up some serious dust from her fist's impacts with the ground. The fight culminates in her kicking Ichigo so hard, he winds up in a crater in the side of a rock face, and there's indications that it could have been much worse because after Ichigo is sent flying, we see Urahara restraining the leg Ururu just used to kick Ichigo, as if to hold her back from kicking with her full power, and Urahara's assistant Tessai used his own body to cushion Ichigo's impact with the wall so Ichigo wouldn't get killed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karma

More
21 Mar 2007 21:30 #8773 by Connect
Kinda vague but I guess that Haruha Haruko from FLCL could make it one the list as well. Her primary force is her Rickenbacker bass guitar wich she can swing with insane force, her feats include knocking a meteor back into space, sending a baseball into orbit and slicing a barrage of bullets perfectly in half with a razor blade before she proceeded to take down the team of twenty or so government agents wich fired at her on her own.

More
05 May 2009 15:06 #15624 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
Maron Namikaze from "Asemble Insert"!

She bends steel, fights and beats an army of giant mechas, juggles dumbells, lifts a giant mechanical dragon, runs faster than a speeding car, and fights and beats an army of giant mechas again!

Oh, and she's a pretty good singer too!

More
05 May 2009 16:14 #15626 by Helstar
I would add Rosario to Vampire (she's really strong and the transformation is the best ever lol !) and if I don't remember bad also in KoiKoi7 there are lots of strong supergirls.

More
06 Nov 2009 11:13 #17296 by taliesan
Replied by taliesan on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
A couple of additions:

Anna and Uni Puma: Twin android catgirls from Dominion Tank Police with vastly superior strength, agility, sped, and toughness.

Klan Klang: A Meltrandi warrior in Macross Frontier. The Meltrandi are the female of the Zentradi race, 50' tall alien warriors who can also shrink down to human size. If this sounds familiar to the non-anime fans, the original Macross was shown in the US as the first 'generation' in Robotech.

More
08 Nov 2009 04:24 #17324 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
This recent Japanese blog has some good links to stuff I haven't seen before.

kairikimusme2009.blog28.fc2.com/

You'll have to back through the posts to see the anime clips as most of the posts are American stuff that we've all watched before on youtube.

More
01 Jul 2010 08:54 #19619 by Gliblord
Replied by Gliblord on topic Re: "Uber" Girls in anime and manga.
Musubi from Sekirei. Of all the superpowered haremites, she is the hottest, most loving and superstrong!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

There's a great scene toward the beginning where she hugs the main character, and tells him cheerfully that if she wasn't controlling her strength he'd be flat as a pancake! She's naive and adorable, essentially being an alien that doesn't understand shame.

Don't piss her off, though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

More
25 Apr 2011 20:58 - 26 Apr 2011 00:02 #22827 by Wotan45
Replied by Wotan45 on topic Re: UberGirls in anime and manga.
Can I suggest Zettai Karen Children

In a near future, poeple acquires superpowers like telekinesis, flight, telepathy and super strength
Yes, principal heroines are children but they appears many times in adult form. Kaoru, Naomi or Fujiko are among the most powerful characters.
Exemple :
ep. 19 : Naomi demonstates her strength with some bad guys
ep. 28 : Fujiko's first apparition

I haven't seen all episodes yet but I think this anime is very interesting.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2011 00:02 by lfan.

More
26 Apr 2011 17:38 #22836 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Interesting, I'll check those out.

More
29 Jul 2011 03:48 #24145 by Wotan45
Replied by Wotan45 on topic Re: Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Hello guys!
Take a look at the manga comedy Seven of Seven

Crystals gaves superheroines superpowers (flight power, super strength and super speed) !

I saw five episodes and it's very interesting ;)

Enjoy

More
26 Mar 2012 18:33 #26795 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Re: Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Medaka from Medaka Box.
She is one of those characters that is scary powerful, even though she is a good person.

-She is super humanly strong, in one of the latest chapters she has a tug-of-war against 1000 people (including some super powered people), that she wins hands down without getting serious.
-She is super fast and can move so fast she creates illusions of her self.
-She can learn and master abilities better than the person who originally has it. Just by seeing it.
-She has several "God Modes", that makes her more powerful. How much stronger she gets is unknown.
-She gains more and more power as time passes. She seems to be much more powerful in the later chapters than she was in the beginning.
-She is inhumanly smart and talented and can pretty much do anything she sets her mind to. She solved an "impossible" mathematical problem at a very young age. She mastered calligraphy at the age of 3 Etc.
-Animals don't dare go near her because she is so powerful.

Btw, this manga is getting an anime this april.

More
26 Mar 2012 19:12 - 26 Mar 2012 19:12 #26796 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Uber Girls in anime and manga.

ChaozCloud wrote: Medaka from Medaka Box.
She is one of those characters that is scary powerful, even though she is a good person.

-She is super humanly strong, in one of the latest chapters she has a tug-of-war against 1000 people (including some super powered people), that she wins hands down without getting serious.
-She is super fast and can move so fast she creates illusions of her self.
-She can learn and master abilities better than the person who originally has it. Just by seeing it.
-She has several "God Modes", that makes her more powerful. How much stronger she gets is unknown.
-She gains more and more power as time passes. She seems to be much more powerful in the later chapters than she was in the beginning.
-She is inhumanly smart and talented and can pretty much do anything she sets her mind to. She solved an "impossible" mathematical problem at a very young age. She mastered calligraphy at the age of 3 Etc.
-Animals don't dare go near her because she is so powerful.

Btw, this manga is getting an anime this april.

Are you sure that her real name isn't God-Sue? :P
Last edit: 26 Mar 2012 19:12 by Woodclaw.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Mar 2012 22:20 #26797 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Re: Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Might be her middle name :P
Oh, yeah:
-She has superhuman luck. Whenever she rolls a set of dice they always land on top of each other and are all 6s.

More
26 Mar 2012 23:47 #26799 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Chaoz...you have any links or specific references (issue numbers) for the stuff you are talking about?

ElF

More
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds