Amount

Transformatrix 4000 -- Comments and Suggestions

19 May 2005 05:44 #1224 by argonaut
"Transformatrix 4000" was moving along nicely for the first few days; then it seemed to lose momentum.

Let's get it moving again.

I have an idea that might provide some interesting possibilities for future contributors -- but I need a "bridge."

If someone will write a chapter in which Sally uses her super-powers publicly, I'll post a follow-up promptly.

It doesn't have to be anything flashy like stopping a bank robbery -- just enough to draw some attention and get her picture in a tabloid (which will provide the starting point for my contribution).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• argonaut
  • argonaut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
20 May 2005 00:15 #1253 by argonaut
Wow! Ask and ye shall receive!

Thanks for the warp-speed response, S^3 and JP! Good to see the story moving again.

Now if someone would do the same for "When We Dead Awaken" ...

I'll post my promised follow-up ASAP -- before someone else takes the story in a different direction.

• argonaut
More
18 Jun 2005 05:45 #1533 by angels
I hated to see this story go down so quick when it was just starting to pick up speed. Guess that's my cue to add my part in...

More
20 Jun 2005 03:17 #1546 by argonaut
Paris Hilton, ubergirl ... "God help us all"...

A very enjoyable contribution to the story, angels ... I wish my unedited first drafts read as well as this. I hope you do finish that workshop story in time!

It's been fun seeing how Ultragirl and you have picked up on a couple of the ideas I tossed into my chapter and developed them in ways I wouldn't have anticipated.

For those who'd like to keep the story moving, here's a rundown of the possibilities:

1. What's become of Sally Gordon? Has she been subdued and apprehended, or is she still at large?

2. What's the connection between the Transformatrix 4000, the Uber Girl Frenzy website (and its mysterious administrator Genrefan), and the sudden appearance of superwomen all over the map? (I've got a scenario worked out, but I'd rather let someone else connect the dots!)

3. It's now been established that superwomen are popping up all over. Ultragirl added Denise to the cast of characters, angels gave us Super Paris Hilton ... Add an ubergirl of your own to the story. The more, the merrier! (I've got an idea for a chapter featuring that high-school teacher in Indiana, but I want to finish my workshop story first.)

4. Ultragirl has given us an intriguing scenario: a secret government facility housing who-knows-how-many women who are growing (a) more powerful and (b) more pissed off with every day that passes. The possibilities are explosive!

5. And now we have a narcissistic uber-brat who's about to use her powers for her own aggrandizement ... Sounds like a scenario tailor-made for Conceptfan!

• argonaut
More
20 Jun 2005 03:52 #1547 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Transformatrix 4000 -- Comments and Suggestions
Wow, so many ideas! I think I'm going to call Denise my own and go with her. Is that okay?

More
20 Jun 2005 11:51 #1548 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Transformatrix 4000 -- Comments and Suggestions

Sounds like a scenario tailor-made for Conceptfan!

My work here is already done. Someone else needs to take up the torch.

More
20 Jun 2005 20:54 #1549 by brantley
Guess Jessica Simpson can't be far behind Paris Hilton.....

• brantley
More
25 Jun 2005 23:13 #1581 by ultragirl
Oh well, scratch my last idea. :?

More
10 Feb 2006 15:07 #4457 by lfan
I blame Argo for killing htis thread....as a result, he needs to revive it! :P

LF

Oh well, scratch my last idea. :?

More
10 Feb 2006 19:51 #4460 by ultragirl
Oh no. It wasn't Argo. LOL. I'm not gonna drop dimes, though. I'm not that kind of girl and there isn't any point.

More
12 Feb 2006 19:27 #4471 by argonaut

I blame Argo for killing htis thread....as a result, he needs to revive it! :P

LF

:? Geez, Lfan, if you blame me for "killing" the story, it seems you'd want me to stay away from this thread.

Actually, I've thought about trying to get "T4K" going again, but right now I'm behind schedule with my "sibling rivalry" story.

Here's a suggestion, though: Could there be some connection between the events of "Transformatrix 4000" and the current goings-on over at Blogger's blog?

• argonaut
More
12 Feb 2006 20:54 #4472 by brantley

Argonaut wrote:

Here's a suggestion, though: Could there be some connection between the events of "Transformatrix 4000" and the current goings-on over at Blogger's blog?

The mind bloggles!

• brantley
More
22 Feb 2006 16:26 #4575 by Marina

Does sound like a nice idea... :)

More
22 Feb 2006 16:37 #4578 by conceptfan
I love the fact that there's been more than a dozen postings on "Reviving" Tranformatrix 4000. Instead of posting here, one of us should just write a continuation to the story...

Sorry, the blog tie-in thing is not going to happen. There are reasons for this, but they're proably not good or solid enough to list here. The important thing is that it isn't going to happen and we should concentrate on that instead of the actual reasons why.

So someone is just going to have to dive in a write the next chunk of T4000. Good luck, whoever you are!

More
22 Feb 2006 16:51 #4586 by lfan
Sounds good...cannot wait!!

(sound of crickets chirping)

I love the fact that there's been more than a dozen postings on "Reviving" Tranformatrix 4000. Instead of posting here, one of us should just write a continuation to the story...

Sorry, the blog tie-in thing is not going to happen. There are reasons for this, but they're proably not good or solid enough to list here. The important thing is that it isn't going to happen and we should concentrate on that instead of the actual reasons why.

So someone is just going to have to dive in a write the next chunk of T4000. Good luck, whoever you are!

More
24 Apr 2006 17:38 #5340 by conceptfan

(sound of crickets chirping)

The crickets have a point, of course, but another chunk of story would still be great.

Otherwise... is it time for 'someone' to start a new interactive story? What do people think?

More
24 Apr 2006 23:17 #5344 by argonaut
Well, I've been holding on to a new chapter in the hope that someone else would post the next installment. (Since I posted the last chapter, I figured it was somebody else's turn.) But if no one steps up to the plate ...

Give me a few days to revise and polish.

Gee, I was the last person to add to Brantley's story, too. I'd hate to think that I killed both of the interactive stories!

• argonaut
More
24 Apr 2006 23:24 #5345 by argonaut
P.S. It just occurred to me that one of the story ideas I've got jotted down might be suitable for an interactive story. Cf, send me a message if you're interested.

• argonaut
More
21 May 2006 21:50 #5562 by argonaut
Spulo:

Thanks for stepping up to the plate!

"Clark'll want that back, by the way."
"Then he'll have to fight me for it."

Now there's a scene I'd like to read! :D

• argonaut
More
21 May 2006 23:48 #5563 by Spulo
Thanks. :)

I'd only read the story through for the first a day or so before writing that...and it is a really good story.

The main problem it has though, is that's not very focused. It starts with one storyline, then abandons that and moves on to another, and another, and another. There's no real links between all these plotlines, and what I was thinking was that cries for the help heard at the end of the episode I wrote were because Paris Hilton or Sally whats-her-name were causing trouble with their new powers. That at least would sort of combine those two plotlines. Also I had Supergirl receive an invitation to be 'improved', which could combine it with that story.

It's also a little too ambitious. I've found that in interactive stories, big events (like over 50 women gaining incredible superpowers) are difficult to work with, and the idea that most of these women have cheerily gone to some underground government center to be examined is a little difficult to believe. Most probably wouldn't once they realised that no-one could make them. Some would, and some would be terrified by what's happened. There'd be a massive variety.

You'd also need to work out who is doing all this...50+ people have been changed, but the only people responsible that we've seen so far is some guy in an office, and a kid who gets the ray gun thingy from a 'gnome-like' person at a mall. Who is ultimately responsible for inventing the device that changed all these women, and how is he/she/it recruiting people to use them?

What I'd like is to see the plot threads that already exist be developed, without adding any more, and try to tie them together in some way. Have those schoolteachers lead a rebellion among the other superwomen that are in the government facility and get them out of there. Some could take the darker path and just want to use their powers for themselves, while others would want to do good and help people, and others would just want to get home and get back to normal.

Anyway...yeah. Them's my thoughts / that's my sermon. Sorry for the rant. Carry on. :)

More
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds