Amount

Spulo's Dark Supergirl

22 May 2007 05:20 #9367 by Random321
Spulo's Dark Supergirl was created by Random321
Spulo! So far I like your work alot! The character set up, the door being open for so many options, the twisted nature of the "Supergirl" that is on her way to the Yellow sun. Very, very good.

My question is do you really want this to be interactive? I'd like to see you just keep going since you're on such a killer roll! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
22 May 2007 11:20 #9371 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
Spulo, I second Random's praise. Very well done. I was at the edge of my seat. Encore, encore.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 May 2007 22:49 #9380 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
Glad you both like it. I do have ideas for it, but I'd prefer to see how it might turn out as an interactive...so if anyone wants to carry this on here, they can, and if I ever get around to writing my version it might be interesting to see how the two match up... :)

More
26 May 2007 02:47 #9405 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
Great kick-off! I'm sure many of us are wondering what will happen once Kara arrives on Earth.

It's no secret that I'm a die-hard super-heroine fan, but I've always been intrigued by the "ubergirl conquers Earth" scenario. (That's why I keep bugging conceptfan to continue "Empress Ria.") So I'd definitely like to add an occasional chapter to this story, and see what other writers do with it.

It reminds me of a Silver Age Supergirl story:

Lesla-Lar, a "girl scientist" from Kandor, used a "teleport ray" to transport Supergirl to Kandor, and a "brainwash helmet" to make her believe that she was Lesla-Lar ... then she took Supergirl's place on Earth. (She happened to resemble Supergirl exactly, by a typical Silver Age plot device, so not even Superman could tell the difference.) She secretly enlisted Luthor's help in a scheme to destroy Superman, thinking "With Superman out of the way, I'll be the mightiest person on Earth, free to conquer or destroy Earth, as I please! Ha, ha!"

Sadly, her plans came to naught, thwarted by ... Krypto the Superdog! (And if you think I'm kidding, you don't know anything about the Silver Age!) I forget if Lesla-Lar ever made a return appearance.

More
23 Jun 2007 06:09 #9610 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
This TOTALLY needs to be continued. I am completely intrigued as to how this will turn out. :shock:

More
19 Jul 2007 22:56 #9842 by Spulo
Hoping to get the next part up over the weekend...

More
19 Jul 2007 23:42 #9843 by Sarge395
Great. I'll be checking in especially to read it!

• Sarge395
More
22 Jul 2007 15:13 #9866 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
This seems to be based on the Silver Age Supergirl, who was the most powerful Supergirl ever. Except that she's arrogant and mean and bound and determined to conquer the cosmos once she figures out how to get rid of Superman, who she sees as her only obstacle.

Of course, she's going to have more to concern her than just [/i]Superman. There are also certain other members of the Justice League who might just give her some trouble. Like, for example, Wonder Woman, whose strength and speed are easily the equal of a Kryptonians, and whose Magic Lasso exploits one of a Kryptonians major weaknesses, Magic.

Then there's Green Lantern, whose Power Ring might give him enough power to take on the Psychotic Girl of Steel. And even if she proves too much for him, there's still the rest of the Green Lantern Corps, who would come charging to his rescue. In fact, it's very likely that the Guardians of the Universe would send the Green Lantern Corps to Earth to take down Kara in order to prevent the horror of an omnipotent sociopath as Supreme Ruler of the Universe.

More
22 Jul 2007 16:52 #9867 by Sarge395

Great. I'll be checking in especially to read it!

Got up early to check and there it was! Great stuff. Hoping for many more chapters. The one on one scene was wickedly good.

• Sarge395
More
23 Jul 2007 21:35 #9875 by angels
Agreed with everyone else, Spulo - this is great work so far and I'm anxious to see what turns out in the next one. I know it's interactive, but I think people are reluctant to add to it since you're carrying it so well. Keep up the good work!

More
23 Jul 2007 22:16 #9876 by Spulo
Glad people like it. I'm starting to think about uninteractiving it, because I've got a very clear idea of how it should go...

More
23 Jul 2007 22:31 #9877 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
Should do it then Spulo and turn in for Collaborative Workshop under the law office of Spulo & Spulo!!

By the Way, the extension deadline (7/31) has been pushed back to 8/15 by request -- I jjust need to post it!!

ElF

Glad people like it. I'm starting to think about uninteractiving it, because I've got a very clear idea of how it should go...

More
23 Jul 2007 23:04 #9878 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
Speaking of interactive stories -- "Transformatrix 4000 v2.0" has been gathering cobwebs for nearly four months.

I have a rough idea where the story could go and how to get back to the plot-line that yaracyrrah originally set in motion ... but the collaborative story has "dibs" on my writing time.

Anyone who wants to get "T4K" going again, and who would like an outline to follow -- PM me.

More
24 Jul 2007 02:34 #9881 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
Great work Spulo! But if she kills Supes, whatever will become of us? Maybe Blogger could "save" us!

I vote that you take ownership of this story as you have such a nice touch with it.

And Lfan, thanks for the extension. We will put that time to good use I guarantee you!

More
24 Jul 2007 03:36 #9884 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Spulo's Dark Supergirl
I don't think she'd like it if someone put her in a story without her permission.

More
09 Jul 2008 02:15 #12827 by angels
Spulo,
We're coming up on almost a year anniversary on this story. Any hope of getting to read anything new?

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds