Amount

Batman Begins

16 Jun 2005 15:10 #1521 by jdrock24
Batman Begins was created by jdrock24
Just saw Batman Begins and let me say that it was easily the best Batman movie ever made.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D

Favorite scenes/points:

1. Batman interrogating the dirty cop. It's done exactly how Frank Miller's "Dark Knight" would have done it.

2. The Batmobile tearing around downtown Gotham. Very nice car chase.

3. The story in general. Explained the motivation of Bruce Wayne and the training he recieved from Ra's Al Ghul.

4. The general feel of Gotham. The darkness and grittiness of the city was well done. You got the impression that this was really a city on the decline and needed a hero to rescue it.

5. The scene on the docks where Batman takes out several thugs unloading drugs. The scene is from the thugs point of view and you can almost smell their fear.

Things that could have been done better and/or left out:

1. Katie Holmes. I got the feeling that her character was only thrown in there as a love interest in some half baked romance angle. And of course, Bruce reveals his secret identity to a female yet again. I hope she's killed off in a sequel so Batman is even more tormented than he already is.

2. The fight scenes could have been done better. There were alot of cutaways and blurry images. I know they had to do this to some degree because the suit was limiting in it's movement, but still. I needed the impression that this guy in the suit could really beat these guys.

Overall a very good film. I still think Sin City is the best comic book movie of all time, but number 2 would be either this or Spider Man.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jdrock24
  • jdrock24's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
16 Jun 2005 18:17 #1522 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Batman Begins
Wow.....thx for heads up, JD.......will def be seeing it -- now looking more forward to it!!

LF

Just saw Batman Begins and let me say that it was easily the best Batman movie ever made.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D

Favorite scenes/points:

1. Batman interrogating the dirty cop. It's done exactly how Frank Miller's "Dark Knight" would have done it.

2. The Batmobile tearing around downtown Gotham. Very nice car chase.

3. The story in general. Explained the motivation of Bruce Wayne and the training he recieved from Ra's Al Ghul.

4. The general feel of Gotham. The darkness and grittiness of the city was well done. You got the impression that this was really a city on the decline and needed a hero to rescue it.

5. The scene on the docks where Batman takes out several thugs unloading drugs. The scene is from the thugs point of view and you can almost smell their fear.

Things that could have been done better and/or left out:

1. Katie Holmes. I got the feeling that her character was only thrown in there as a love interest in some half baked romance angle. And of course, Bruce reveals his secret identity to a female yet again. I hope she's killed off in a sequel so Batman is even more tormented than he already is.

2. The fight scenes could have been done better. There were alot of cutaways and blurry images. I know they had to do this to some degree because the suit was limiting in it's movement, but still. I needed the impression that this guy in the suit could really beat these guys.

Overall a very good film. I still think Sin City is the best comic book movie of all time, but number 2 would be either this or Spider Man.

More
19 Jun 2005 01:59 #1543 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Batman Begins
Best movie of the Summer so far. (I did like Star Wars) Don't want to do any spoilers but wow... Dark and Good Story ~ good relationship building... oh man... :!:

More
20 Jun 2005 01:19 #1545 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: Batman Begins

Best movie of the Summer so far. (I did like Star Wars) Don't want to do any spoilers but wow... Dark and Good Story ~ good relationship building... oh man... :!:

I wouldn't go that far - but maybe you don't consider Sin City a summer movie. It's in contention for best movie ever status for me, although The Princess Bride is putting up a valiant fight.

More
06 Jul 2005 06:54 #1667 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Batman Begins
OK.....saw Batman and would def have to say it one of top superhero movies ever made. The story was quite comprehensive but managed to move at a decent pace.

Acting was really good as well as the casting, save for Katie Holmes -- although she was bearable, hardly the first female I would pick to play a tough prosecutor.

Biggest star of the movie was the gadgets as at times it was almost like watching a costumed James Bond movie.

Overall, 4.5 stars outta five

LF

I wouldn't go that far - but maybe you don't consider Sin City a summer movie. It's in contention for best movie ever status for me, although The Princess Bride is putting up a valiant fight.

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds