Amount

Gems in the Rough

01 Aug 2005 19:46 #1973 by lfan
Gems in the Rough was created by lfan
OK, since I've killed the other threads, time to start another. Here are some picks for movies that I thought were outstanding that you might not have heard of or possibly escaped your eye. Check em out at your local $9.99 bin at Walmart or the sun-faded Blockbuster shelf.

1) Suicide Kings. Great flick starring Christopher Walken and Jay Mohr where a mob boss is kidnapped by a buncha rich college kids in an effort to help find one of their kidnapped fiances. Added bonus, one of the 'kids' is Henry Thomas (the kid from E.T.). Guess this didn't reignite his career but cool movie nonetheless.

2) Consenting Adults. Underated thriller starring Kevin Spacey and Kevin Kline. Interesting premise sets off a string of events that links a suburban husband to a grisly murder.

3) Caine Mutiny. OK, not a gem in the rough but I DID see it in the $9 bin the other day (was horrified). One of my fav movies of all-time, in case anyone hasn't seen it. Older movie starring Humprey Bogart, Van Johnson, Jose Ferrer, E.G. Marshall (Perry White from Superman fame), and Ed MacMurry (the likeness that Captain Marvel was drawn from). The cross-examination of Captain Queeg in the courtroom is one of my favorite scenes in any movie (Hmm, feel another list topic coming on....)

Anyone else?

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Aug 2005 06:02 #1979 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Gems in the Rough
I think that was Fred McMurray from my three sons fame. If only you could find that mising second key.

More
02 Aug 2005 06:51 #1980 by Rasa
Replied by Rasa on topic Re: Gems in the Rough
Great topic. Here are a few... (click for IMDB listings)

Bottle Rocket

Ghost World

Without a Clue

More
02 Aug 2005 14:01 #1983 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Gems in the Rough
Rasa --
I ALMOST put Bottle Rocket on my list! WOW! I agree, great flick! Will have to check the others out....

Ace --
Thanks for the correction! Ed MacMurry, Fred McMurray, Arthur Murray.....they'll all be Mr Douglas to me!

LF

Great topic. Here are a few... (click for IMDB listings)

Bottle Rocket

Ghost World

Without a Clue

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds