Amount

John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD]

15 Jul 2011 00:16 - 15 Jul 2011 00:35 #23987 by dr lazarus
John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD] was created by dr lazarus

Teaser trailer for the scifi-adventure John Carter, based on the lead character in Edgar Rice Burroughs' 11-volume Barsoom series. Directed by Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo, Wall-E), and starring Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins, Willem Dafoe, Thomas Haden Church, Mark Strong and Samantha Morton. Release date: March 9, 2012. disney.go.com/johncarter

Lynn Collins is playing the female lead, Dejah Thoris .

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans
Last edit: 15 Jul 2011 00:35 by dr lazarus. Reason: fixed link
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dr lazarus
  • dr lazarus's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Jul 2011 01:12 #23989 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD]
For those who aren't familiar with the novels: John Carter, a Confederate war veteran turned prospector, is mystically transported to the planet Mars (Barsoom), whose weaker gravity gives him great strength. In the course of his adventures he meets princess Dejah Thoris and becomes her consort.

I've sometimes played with the idea of writing an alternate version of the story, in which Dejah Thoris, ambushed and captured by the Green Martians, is transported to Earth -- whose demser, oxygen-rich atmosphere endows her with superhuman vigor. She saves John Carter from the Apaches who are pursuing him at the beginning of Burroughs' novel and ... well, that's about as far as I thought it out.

Anyone who'd like to use my idea is more than welcome to do so.

P.S. I wonder if Carter's service in the Confederate army will remain part of his back-story in the movie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr lazarus

More
15 Jul 2011 03:28 #23990 by dr lazarus
Replied by dr lazarus on topic Re: John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD]
Sounds like a cool concept. B)

P.S. I wonder if Carter's service in the Confederate army will remain part of his back-story in the movie.

From what I've been able to gather, he will be a Confederate veteran in the movie, which kind of surprised me, given the pee-cee times in which we live. (though maybe they'll make him a deserter or something). Of course, some people won't be too happy about that.

a few pix of Lynn Collins as Dejah Thoris from the trailer:

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans

• dr lazarus
  • dr lazarus's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Jul 2011 03:55 #23992 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD]
Argo, I like your idea. It hadn't occurred to me to think of it that way. I always imagined it as John Carter's sister Joan who'd mystically transported to Mars, saved the young prince, and so forth.

More
15 Jul 2011 04:12 #23994 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD]
AK!!! :ohmy: Where have you been? Welcome back! :cheer:

Will you ever be making the stories from your old site available again? And do you have any plans for new ones?

More
15 Jul 2011 12:21 #23995 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD]
Thanks. Been a little busy. Then when SWM changed format, it wouldn't let me log in and the "forgot your password?" thing didn't work right. I'll try to get back into the groove.

Working on a bunch of new/old stuff. Like having the Last Daughter of Krypton arriving on a Bavarian farm about 1922. Blue-eyed blonde, the perfect Aryan... or ubermadchen. Or same time period but arriving in Japan. She doesn't look Japanese but grows up as one. Or arriving 12-th century England and falls in with Robin of Locksley and his group.

A top-secret biological project at Peenemunde results in the creation of some supergirls, who spearhead the German conquest of the world.

And the latest: collecting pictures and working up an outline for "Dejah Thoris of Earth" ;)

More
15 Jul 2011 13:50 #23997 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: John Carter (2012) - trailer [HD]

julievelor wrote: Thanks. Been a little busy. Then when SWM changed format, it wouldn't let me log in and the "forgot your password?" thing didn't work right. I'll try to get back into the groove.

Working on a bunch of new/old stuff. Like having the Last Daughter of Krypton arriving on a Bavarian farm about 1922. Blue-eyed blonde, the perfect Aryan... or ubermadchen. Or same time period but arriving in Japan. She doesn't look Japanese but grows up as one. Or arriving 12-th century England and falls in with Robin of Locksley and his group.

A top-secret biological project at Peenemunde results in the creation of some supergirls, who spearhead the German conquest of the world.

And the latest: collecting pictures and working up an outline for "Dejah Thoris of Earth" ;)

Spunds really good. And I'm really glad to have you back.

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds