Amount

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Trailer #1

20 Oct 2015 10:48 #44640 by fats
Hi all,

i know this is off topic, but here is the offical new trailer for the new star wars movie.

What do you think

fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Oct 2015 11:36 #44641 by Woodclaw
As I said on other forum this new Star Wars seem to be preying heavily on the nostalgia factor, coupling it with a number of technical improvement. From what I've seen so far the visual effects are really high quality and the scenes don't seem to be the CGI infested nightmare that many sequences of Episodes 1 to 3 were.
Aiside from that I remember the basic principle of movie goers survival: trailer lies and it's better to wait and see.

More
20 Oct 2015 12:51 #44642 by Dru1076
It does look promising...maybe it will be worth going to see after all. Oddly...i'm curious about how good or bad the dialogue will be now that George isn't writing it all. And how far into the movie will it be before someone has "got a bad feeling about this"?

More
20 Oct 2015 13:05 #44643 by Raa
I love Star Wars, but I'm getting VERY nervous now. This move may not live up to the marketing. If it does not, there will be a BIG backlash.

More
20 Oct 2015 14:04 #44644 by Markiehoe
The first trailer gave me goosebumps and a smirky smile on my face.
They had me already.
This trailer is pretty flat.
Can't wait to see this one.

I agree, they are pushing the nostalgia factor pretty hard.

More
20 Oct 2015 15:22 #44646 by castor
I hope its not one of those movies where the Female action heroine is introduced in a puff of action at the front , and then spends the rest of the movie standing in the background getting an ocasional laser blast off(like well Star Wars), cause thats kinds of what i am getting from the trailer-though i could obviously be wrong.

More
20 Oct 2015 15:43 #44647 by lojack
Trailer doesn't lie, Han solo said "It's all true." :P

I got the feels in the trailer with the X foils being deployed in attack position. There were a few other parts which don't make sense (and likely will not in the actual movie if my suspicions are correct.) :( Not sure what to think of the apparent HD holoprojector the Falcon now has in the crew room. I miss my janky CRTish holodisplays!

More
20 Oct 2015 17:14 #44648 by kikass2014
^ Its been 30 years since ROTJ, maybe Han decided to pimp out his Falcon :D

Still keeping my hype in check for this film, though it DOES look a billion-times better then the original prequel films could ever hope to be.

I'm a big fan of J.J (especially Alias and Fringe) and I think he does have some genuinely good ideas in terms of constructing and depicting stories. Not always perfect mind you, but I like his passion fro storytelling.

Whether his brand of film-making can translate into the Star-Wars-style, remains to be seen. I kinda liked his rebooted Star Trek (not so much Into Darkness), and I think he does have a certain cinematic flair to his directing ("MORE LENS FLARE JJ!!"). Certainly compared to Lucas, who is a lame director, relying on his factory of technical people to save his ass.

The trailer had me intrigued for sure, and as he is notorious for not giving to much away, I am still curious as to what the story will be. Visually and atmospherically it gets a big thumbs up from me :)

One thing is for sure, I'm willing to bet $1,000,000 its better then the drivel Lucas came up with in his prequels :D

Roll on December :)

Peace.

/K

More
20 Oct 2015 22:39 #44650 by shadar
Nothing wrong with a little nostalgia if done tastefully. I despaired at first with JJ doing it, but these peeks look pretty good. Maybe this will be the movie where I become a JJ Abrams fan. Hope so. Because I love the original trilogy, and this is on the opposite side of those awful Prequels, and little or no Lucas involvement.

Like many talented people, George lost it over time.

Sure, the original trilogy aren't good movies by any technical standard (except for the music), and maybe they were childish stories, but damn it, my nostalgia meter is buried the red zone. And I wasn't a child (was nearly thirty) when they came out.

I'll be in the theatre on day one.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Oct 2015 14:34 - 21 Oct 2015 14:34 #44655 by jdrock24
I agree that this trailer fell a little flat for me as compared to the others. I'll still see it the opening weekend though. I can't wait.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2015 14:34 by jdrock24.

More
21 Oct 2015 15:20 #44656 by castor

lojack wrote: Trailer doesn't lie, Han solo said "It's all true." :P

I got the feels in the trailer with the X foils being deployed in attack position. There were a few other parts which don't make sense (and likely will not in the actual movie if my suspicions are correct.) :( Not sure what to think of the apparent HD holoprojector the Falcon now has in the crew room. I miss my janky CRTish holodisplays!

Well in fairness the Falcon had a holoprojector in the first one-how did it show of the monster chess?

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds