Amount

Kneel Before Jude!!!

10 Aug 2006 14:32 #6481 by lfan
Kneel Before Jude!!! was created by lfan
Just a rumor, but thought it worth mentioning here:

www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=21381

Hopefully, they haven't destroyed the franchise already with the outlandish budget and the "deadbeat Dad" storyline....

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Aug 2006 16:30 #6482 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Kneel Before Jude!!!
I'm sorry, but Jude Law as Zod sucks. The article says he has a resemblance to the original actor? Where? I always thought that Zod would be much older and more experienced than SM, not nearly the same age.

Even if they do make a sequel, I doubt that I will see it in the theatres after being very underwhelmed by this last one. But, being the hopeless fanboy that I am, I will eventually see it on video.

More
10 Aug 2006 16:42 #6483 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Kneel Before Jude!!!
Looks like a younger Stamp? Are they serious? :?

Sorry ~ but if they want to save the franchise general Zod should not be the main villain in #2 and they need to find a way to kill the kid immediately.

Braniac, or Bizarro Superman, Darkseid, or Doomsday are my vote.

My hope:

1) Kid gets splattered by villain early in movie (Random Cheers)
2) Superman goes into wild rage looses control
3) Get his but kicked
4) Falls back ~ regroups ~ realizes he’s become a small, petty, jealous stalker that has lost his direction as a Kryptonian and hero. Makes comment to the effect of ‘I should be about “truth, justice, and the American way**”’ to whoever he confides in.
5) Goes out with newfound level head and kicks butt but in the process we see hints that he has opened some sort of portal… …hmmm…

***I will also accept “and the way of the free and brave.” If I’m not PC enough.

Then in the third movie (IF there is one) bring in the other Kryptonians. Zod and Supergirl. Play up the ‘alone but not alone theme’ I could get into how I’d like them to develope that SG character but I’ll save that for another thread.

Pfftt… The last movie almost ruined SM for me. I’ll be looking forward to Batman…

More
10 Aug 2006 19:13 #6485 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Kneel Before Jude!!!
I just report 'em.... er, copy the reports of them...:P

Anyway, good point about age as Zod was supposed to be the nemesis of Jor-El and The Council, which would make him a little more Jack Palancey than Jude Law-ish...

As for Random's idea of 86ing the kid, I likey for the reason that:

1) didn't particularly like the abnormal deviation from the mythos. Plus was it just me, or did the kid have a creepy resemblance to Jake Lloyd (Young Anakin) who ironically almost killed THAT franchise! Well, not killed but you know what I mean....
2) having a villian that would kill SM's kid would def be "taking off the gloves"

Food for thought.....alternatively, we can prepare for Super Ex-Girlfriend II which maybe will gross over 9 million opening weekend this go-round! :P

LF

I'm sorry, but Jude Law as Zod sucks. The article says he has a resemblance to the original actor? Where? I always thought that Zod would be much older and more experienced than SM, not nearly the same age.

Even if they do make a sequel, I doubt that I will see it in the theatres after being very underwhelmed by this last one. But, being the hopeless fanboy that I am, I will eventually see it on video.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Aug 2006 19:46 #6488 by jdrock24
You're right guys. The kid definitely needs to go.

I personally would like to see Brainiac as the main villian. He could kill the kid in his quest to destroy all things Kryptonian and then SM could exact revenge.

The sequel just has to be much grander than a cockamamie Lois/SM/child/whatever the hell Lois's other guy is named love triangle (square?). I mean. they are kind of stuck with it now, but they should try to marginalize it a little.

Oh, who am I kidding? They've already screwed this potential franchise up. I don't see anyway they can save it.

Can't wait until "The Dark Knight" comes out!!

More
10 Aug 2006 21:24 #6490 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Kneel Before Jude!!!

Hurrah... We're all on the same wavelength.

Random the "thread hi-jacker"...

More
11 Aug 2006 00:43 #6494 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Kneel Before Jude!!!
Have faith, O' Rock of JD!! If Batman could be plucked from flatlining of Joel Schumacher's "table of celluoid death", I still hold out hope. Its funny in that some of the original scripts (might have been bogus) had even more outlandish and gimmicky story plots (e.g. Luthor gaining powers in a VERY bizarre plot). Dunno why it needs shock elements in the script for a re-launch. Its a great franchise for what it is.

Batman, for the most part didn't significantly deviate from its comic roots, just don't see the need for SM to either.

As for Brainiac, awesome choice and one that would provide a challenge (alien science) to our "unstoppable" hero....and one that would have no conscious in ditching the kid.....

LF

P.S. On a side note, I actually liked the two-eyed Cyclops as Lois boyfriend. Not as a plot devise, but in characterization. They avoided making him the standard "boy hero in distress" (see Steve Trevor) or the machissmo borish boyfriend (see every other movie). Thought he was played well by Mr Marsden....

You're right guys. The kid definitely needs to go.

I personally would like to see Brainiac as the main villian. He could kill the kid in his quest to destroy all things Kryptonian and then SM could exact revenge.

The sequel just has to be much grander than a cockamamie Lois/SM/child/whatever the hell Lois's other guy is named love triangle (square?). I mean. they are kind of stuck with it now, but they should try to marginalize it a little.

Oh, who am I kidding? They've already screwed this potential franchise up. I don't see anyway they can save it.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Aug 2006 04:08 #6497 by jdrock24

Have faith, O' Rock of JD!!

How can I have faith in this franchise. They made SM a deadbeat dad for crying out loud! Let me see if I understand the pretimeline of Superman Returns.

1. Superman and Lois Lane have sex
2. Superman, sometime later, and without finding out if Lois is pregnant or not, decides to head into space to seek out Krypton.
3. While he's gone, Lois has a relationship with this other guy and let's him think he's the father.
4. Superman returns and starts stalking Lois and eventually finds out he's the kid's father.

Geez! I felt like I was watching One Life to Live rather than a Superman movie. Superman/Clark is the big blue boy scout. He was raised on a farm in Kansas. Ma and Pa Kent would not have taught him to abandon the woman he impregnated. Heck, he has superhearing and X-Ray vision, couldn't he had checked it out or something before he left?

It was just so out of character. Now they are stuck with the situation and have to address it somehow in the sequels. Which, if it were up to me, there wouldn't be any.

Ah well, I'm beating a dead horse here. At least we have a good Batman franchise. And maybe someday they will actually get that WW movie made. But knowing WB's track record, I can only imagine how they can screw that up...

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds