Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

DC Universe online

29 Jul 2008 17:09 #13048 by peterso20
DC Universe online was created by peterso20
Hey guys, first post here, obviously, so I thought I'd start it off with something exciting.

Here's a trailer for the new DC Universe Online game coming out - it's got all the usual characters in it, including Supergirl (at 1:09 you can see her very briefly flying around carrying a car!).

uk.pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/754948/dc-..._trailer_071408.html

Question is, though - will we be able to play as Supergirl or Wonderwoman? How sweet would that be?! Being in complete control over the 2 sexiest superheroines ever! Fingers crossed.

Even if we can't control them, hopefully we'll be able to create our own heroines that are equally as sexy and powerful :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peterso20
  • peterso20's Avatar Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2008 17:32 #13050 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: DC Universe online

Hey guys, first post here, obviously, so I thought I'd start it off with something exciting.

Here's a trailer for the new DC Universe Online game coming out - it's got all the usual characters in it, including Supergirl (at 1:09 you can see her very briefly flying around carrying a car!).

uk.pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/754948/dc-..._trailer_071408.html

Question is, though - will we be able to play as Supergirl or Wonderwoman? How sweet would that be?! Being in complete control over the 2 sexiest superheroines ever! Fingers crossed.

Even if we can't control them, hopefully we'll be able to create our own heroines that are equally as sexy and powerful :-)

I watched a bunch of E3 coverage, including some stuff about DCU Online. Looked to me that iconic characters such as Supergirl and Wonder Woman will be strictly NPCs, giving missions and fighting alongside/against the PCs. Players will apparently create original heroes/villains for their characters, creating their own unique costumes and choosing a set of powers. Good news is that creating a heroine like Supergirl or Wonder Woman will probably be quite possible, though let's keep our fingers crossed about the possibility of being able to make a heroine/villainess with big muscles and breasts.

Right from the start you can select flight, super speed, etc. They showed some neat tricks with super speed, specifically the ability to run up walls and talked about the ability to run upside down and stated that 2 speedsters can actually have a battle on the side of a building

More
29 Jul 2008 23:47 #13055 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Re: DC Universe online
Hi !

I'm not an expert in videogames, but is it kind of MMORPG like City of Heroes/vilains ?

More
02 Aug 2008 04:56 #13118 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: DC Universe online

Hi !

I'm not an expert in videogames, but is it kind of MMORPG like City of Heroes/vilains ?

Yes, it will be an MMORPG. Hopefully better than CoH/V

More
02 Aug 2008 18:14 #13125 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: DC Universe online
CoH/V is not that bad for the first superpowered MMORPG. I am looking forward to Champions Online. Hopefully it will have the same diversity its RPG has.

More
30 Oct 2008 15:57 #13981 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: DC Universe online

CoH/V is not that bad for the first superpowered MMORPG. I am looking forward to Champions Online. Hopefully it will have the same diversity its RPG has.

And the same people from CoX are going to release champions online mmorpg, based on super hero rpg champions

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
31 Oct 2008 01:18 #13990 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: DC Universe online
CoX was a great first superhero/villain MMORPG, but it was a bit limited in what you could do. I loved playing pen and paper Champions and have high hopes for the online game. I hope it will not disappoint. What I really want to see if how the character creation process will work. How versatile it will be.

Alexa

More
31 Oct 2008 05:39 #13993 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: DC Universe online
I liked CoH a lot. But once I got my main character to 50, I decided it wasn't worth the $.

Too bad you can't just use the costume creator. Or that the costume creator wasn't 100x more robust (or had the ability to do more intricate detail work)

More
31 Oct 2008 09:38 #13994 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: DC Universe online

I liked CoH a lot. But once I got my main character to 50, I decided it wasn't worth the $.

Too bad you can't just use the costume creator. Or that the costume creator wasn't 100x more robust (or had the ability to do more intricate detail work)

Yosh if you search on eMule coh_sengsung.exe you can find the korean ripped version of the charcter creaton it didn't have all the options of the complete program but it works.

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds