Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Champions Online.

06 Feb 2009 19:33 #14844 by Grayface
Champions Online. was created by Grayface
www.champions-online.com/

Anyone in the closed beta? Just wondering becuase I am and if anyone else is maybe we could group up or some such. and no I will not brake the NDA so please dont ask for screens, vids or any such thing. I will say I like and am having fun when I can play it but my play time atm is very limited due to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grayface
  • Grayface's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2009 20:41 #14845 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Champions Online.
I did not get picked as a beta tester, but I tired. If it uses the old rules from the RPG, it should be interesting.

Raa

More
06 Feb 2009 22:03 #14846 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: Champions Online.

I did not get picked as a beta tester, but I tired. If it uses the old rules from the RPG, it should be interesting.

Raa

as I understand it Cryptic bought the Champions pnp rpg rules (and then licenced them back to hero games---note I could be wrong. (but I'm not)) thay are modifieng the rules to work better in an MMO/computer enviorment.

Q: Will Champions Online use the HERO System from the Champions PnP?
A: Champions Online does not use the HERO System. We have however taken plenty of inspiration from the HERO system by taking the core concepts of character and power customization and incorporating them into our vision of the Champions universe. You'll see some terminology that is familiar to the HERO System such as Advantages, Perks, etc. but we're implementing them in a way better suited for an action-gameplay MMORPG experience.

www.champions-online.com/faq#6

and here:
www.champions-online.com/champions_rpg

• Grayface
  • Grayface's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds