Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Champions Online

25 Aug 2009 19:09 #16492 by WhitePaw
Champions Online was created by WhitePaw
Wow. I can't believe y'all aren't all over Champions Online like flies on a politician. The super hero MMORG market is starting to heat up. City of Heroes was first in, Champions Online is now landing, DC Universe is next in line, while Marvel Universe Online seems to be just now slathering across drawing boards.

City of Heroes/Villians (CoX): a good start to prove the market viability. It's the one and only first generation game that I really enjoyed playing for the last 5 years...until I'd played it to death. It's really little more than a pretty chat room to me anymore.

Champions Online: I just finished hammering from one end of the beta to the other and I'm STILL very impressed. I'm going to call this the first of the second generation super hero MMORGs. Its vastly more immersive and engaging than CoX ever was. Rendering, effects, mechanics, engines, sound design, level design--everything about it has been cranked up a whole generation over its NC Soft predecessor.

I blogged my way through the beta with a Power Girl character on my Deviant Art page if you care for all the gory details. I even left you a bunch of snazzy screen shots in my Deviant Art scrap book if you're curious.

Why should we care here? One word: might.

You'll see. I can't say its perfect or up to my standards, but its BY FAR the most spectacular Kryptonian experience I've ever had in a video game.

See you all there...while we're waiting for DC Online and Marvel Online to get their offerings together.

TTFN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WhitePaw
  • WhitePaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Aug 2009 23:22 #16508 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Nice, CO!
Oooh,
i do care, I do, lol! I played closed beta and open beta and created some tribute chars using Might. (Jaguar)

But, the one I really, really like was one I have wanted to see made for some time now. (and still they haven't done so) A muscled powerhouse of living steel, a scientist's exposure to special metals and a toxic blast gone wrong.

I give you all my creation, Might and well, more Might, lol...COLOSSA!

Enjoy,

Fonzie

img31.imageshack.us/i/colossa1.jpg/
img14.imageshack.us/i/colossa2.jpg/
img36.imageshack.us/i/colossa3.jpg/
img41.imageshack.us/i/colossa4.jpg/

More
26 Aug 2009 00:04 #16516 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: Nice, CO!

Oooh,
i do care, I do, lol! I played closed beta and open beta and created some tribute chars using Might. (Jaguar)

But, the one I really, really like was one I have wanted to see made for some time now. (and still they haven't done so) A muscled powerhouse of living steel, a scientist's exposure to special metals and a toxic blast gone wrong.

You should add The Gorgeous COLOSSA!

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
26 Aug 2009 02:07 #16521 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Champions Online
I assume all the beta keys are gone?

More
26 Aug 2009 07:16 #16522 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Re: Champions Online
Yup,
They are. Open beta was all last week and as of Wed afternoon, the open beta will be closed forever and all characters wiped out for the big release of the game this Tues.

Sorry you didnt get a chance to try it out STK :(

Fonzie

More
26 Aug 2009 07:17 #16523 by mercblue22
Yea,It has a nice right to it evatar

"The Mighty, Gorgeous, super strong and incredible COLOSSA! :P

Thanks!

Fonzie

More
10 Sep 2009 01:18 #16695 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: Champions Online
I was trying to be humble, you know some girls doesn't like to be flatered on the first commentary

More
24 Oct 2009 04:28 #17063 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Champions Online
Does anyone know what str lvl you have to have to lift the heavist item. I have str of over 200 and I still can't lift it.

More
31 Oct 2009 05:25 #17147 by taliesan
Replied by taliesan on topic Re: Champions Online
Looking to be the future Mrs. Drogen Lar (Ironclad), Fonzie? :)

So, what does everyone say about trying to organize a guild on CO?

More
31 Oct 2009 06:07 #17148 by mercblue22
Yup,
Colossa is trying to establish her place as the mightiest Iron woman in the land! :P That sounds really cool there T, I dont have a guild, supergroup or anything at the moment, (I have 12 chars now) :D

Merc

More
31 Oct 2009 11:05 #17153 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Champions Online
A guild sounds good to me.

More
01 Nov 2009 00:18 #17160 by batteries
Replied by batteries on topic Re: Nice, CO!

Oooh,

Enjoy,

Fonzie

hey...you do know, anyone who has the website and signed up for the beta know there the game clip pics. Please don't try to convince us all you made that!

More
01 Nov 2009 06:33 #17166 by mercblue22
WHOA,
You wait a min right there. I'm not sure if you mean I didnt make Colossa or Jaguar on my own, BUT, if you meant Colossa, she sure is mine! (My Wildkatt is based on Jag, which is not mine)

I made Colossa because there never was a female Colossus made. So, in Champions O, there now is and she's 100% mine.

HA!

More
03 Nov 2009 04:39 #17215 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: Champions Online
I'm in for guilding around a bit. Its so hard to form one in CO. CoX you hit the registration NPC in City Hall and bam, done! But in CO you have to have a full team of four other like-minded toons with no previous SG allegiance go in with you.

I can see why they did that but it's such a pain. And its why we all haven't formed our own little pet SG's by now like we all did in CoX.

On the up-side there's no toon server allegiance because we're all freely bouncing around on instances of maps on the one and only server. That makes getting together and staying there a LOT easier (until Club Caprice instance 1 fills up and locks out half your SG).

Anyway, anybody got any suggestions for an SG name?

• WhitePaw
  • WhitePaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2009 10:05 #17219 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Re: Champions Online
Do you have some screen shots of Colossa lifting cars or throwing heavy things ?
She's really gorgeous !
Thanks.

More
03 Nov 2009 21:09 #17229 by mercblue22
Hey Art,
Thanks for the comment and praise on my Colossa char. :D Yup, she is drop-dead gorgeous, I must admit. I always wanted to see a mousy scientist become a powerful woman of pure iron and incredible strength. And CO allowed me to finally make someone like this.

As for lifting scenes of cars and trucks, let me take some screenshots of Colossa doing such things, and I'll post em for you!

Thanks again,

Fonzie

More
04 Nov 2009 17:00 #17238 by taliesan
So, here's my new Might character for CO, tied directly into the lore....

[/i]While doing post-graduate work for her PhD in Biochemistry at Millennium City University, Rebbecca Larson was chosen for a prestigious lab assignment. A meteor fragment had been recovered that had DNA samples on it; a few drops of blood that had managed to survive the heat of entry into Earth's atmosphere and the force of impact. After salvaging all the blood off the fragment and isolating it, Rebbecca's job was to get extract enough DNA for analysis. Normal PCR replication techniques weren't working, so Rebbecca tried again with the last sample of blood, but this time placing it within a high energy field.

The process was working when VIPER showed up to steal the research and the remains of the blood sample. A PRIMUS squad showed up to stop the theft, but in the firefight, the energy chamber exploded and Rebbecca was hit by the energized DNA strands.

Over the next few days, Rebbecca noticed she was getting stronger, even casually crushing the handle to her apartment's refrigerator. Seeing out the help of Dr. Silverback, the simian scientist confirmed that Rebbecca's genetic structure and physiology had been altered by the DNA sample. Furthermore, Dr. Silverback discovered that Rebbecca's new genetic structure was an almost perfect genetic match to the legendary hero Vanguard, who had died while stopping the asteroid Dr. Destroyer was drawing to Earth during the Battle of Detroit. Vanguard's heropic sacrifice had allowed other heroes time to find and neutralize the gigantic tractor beam Destroyer was using. Apparently, the meteor fragment that had been found was a piece of the asteroid Vanguard had destroyed and the blood drops had belonged to him.

Rebbecca vowed to use her new powers to fight for good and defend humanity. In honor of the man who sacrificed himself 17 years earlier to prevent a global cataclysm, she took to the skies and streets of Millennium City as...Lady Vanguard![\i]

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Here's a full body shot...

and a close-up.

And here's a shot of her using a lamppost as an improvised melee weapon.

By the way, I'm also going to use Lady Vanguard in my next story series. It won't be set in the Champions universe, but one of my own making. Different origins as well but the same costume.[/img][/i]

More
04 Nov 2009 17:03 #17239 by taliesan
Argh! Should have previewed it first. If anyone can edit that post to clean up the mucked-up html code, could you be so kind? :)

More
04 Nov 2009 22:01 #17255 by Artnico
Woawo !
She's very sexy and strong ! I can't belive that you could make her doing such incredible feat of strength ! :shock:
Thnk you for this post. :D

Nicolas.

More
06 Nov 2009 06:01 #17291 by taliesan
So, looks like we've got 4 members so far interested in a supergroup. I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but PM me here with character names and we can start getting organized.

Any thoughts on a name for the group?

More
22 Dec 2009 12:03 #17811 by Artnico
Hello gamers !

You've all conviced me, I'm now on Champions Online ! My main SuperWoman is Strong Girl. I would like to post some attached screenshots of her, but it doesn't work on this forum. I've posted a request to admin, but no answer. I'm going to try with ImageShack or something like that.

It's a very good game for us who are interested in SuperWomen, especially for Super strong women ! The possibilities are infinites !
Just one request I've made in Champions Online forum is about women shoes : except on pair of high heel boots, there is nothing sexy and realy interesting for women. I've suggested to create more sexy high heel shoes for superwomen. So, I wish you will support this request with me by writing an answer in my topic.

Merry Christmas for all !

More
23 Dec 2009 00:09 #17812 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: Champions Online
way to go nico! I am planning to join on champions online as soon as I get a regular income source... Maybe I can join you on your crusade as well

More
20 Apr 2011 20:00 #22750 by peterso20
Replied by peterso20 on topic Re: Champions Online
Just to let you guys know, Champions Online is now free to play - no subscription or download charge!

I've just made my first heroine - and tested her out. Flying + Cape = win :)

More
20 Apr 2011 21:05 #22753 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Champions Online

peterso20 wrote: Just to let you guys know, Champions Online is now free to play - no subscription or download charge!

I've played it for some times now, but I don't like it much, despite the good graphics and the fun to play a superhero I found it a bit annoying after a while.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Apr 2011 16:44 #22835 by peterso20
Replied by peterso20 on topic Re: Champions Online

Anon wrote:

peterso20 wrote: Just to let you guys know, Champions Online is now free to play - no subscription or download charge!

I've played it for some times now, but I don't like it much, despite the good graphics and the fun to play a superhero I found it a bit annoying after a while.

Yeah it's a pretty boring game and I probably wont be playing for much longer, but the character creator is cool and the costumes are ace. Plus the ability to fly around is always a bonus. Good for a week's messing around.

More
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds