Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Powergirl Skin

11 Jan 2011 18:09 #21241 by lfan
Powergirl Skin was created by lfan
Newsarama's new PG Skin promoting her appearance in the upcoming DCU Online Game:

i.newsarama.com/template_images/promo/Po...nal_Revised_1711.jpg

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Jan 2011 18:25 #21244 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Powergirl Skin
Nice! Thanks. I wonder how she will look in game - not just in the splash.

I know WW is also in it. Here's to hoping there will be others.

More
12 Jan 2011 00:50 #21246 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Powergirl Skin
I got into the beta a little while back and played a bit of the game. Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, and Power Girl are all in the there though they mostly just stand around the Watch Tower. I didn't get far enough through the story quests to see too much of them. Overall I found it as boring as I find all other MMO's with a bunch of "kill 10 of these enemies" quests and lots of repetitive mouse clicking. Meh

The character creator is pretty decent though with a bunch of costume and clothing options. As far as the super strength stuff your character can do, I found it to be okay. You can choose to have Superman as your mentor if you choose a meta type character and choose brawling as your "weapon" and that gives you some degree of strength, but you still can't lift cars or big objects. You'll have to level up a lot in order to unlock super strength as an "iconic power" (along with heat vision, freeze breath, and a bunch of other powers from popular heroes). This will let you pick up cars, trucks, etc. and toss objects for greater damage.
You also have a choice between flight and super speed as well. I picked super speed and that let me run up buildings and jump across city blocks easily.

The superwoman stuff was not enough to make me care about the game but MMO and comic book fans may enjoy it more than I did.

More
12 Jan 2011 04:13 #21248 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: Powergirl Skin
I was in the Beta so I know a bit on this count. If you choose Lex Luthor as your mentor, your first sequence of missions climaxes with you teaming up with the Parasite to take on Power Girl. When you reach the final room in the dungeon(actually a building at Metropolis U) and the big fight starts you get a message on your screen saying "Power girl is Invulnerable" and you can't hurt her. In order to damage her, you first have to mutate the innocent students in the room into mini-Parasites using the stuff Luthor had you testing on the campus earlier(the stuff worked great, BTW, a bit creepy though) once enough are converted and they and Parasite drain off enough of Power Girl's power, only then can you damage and defeat her. Power Girl also appears in the hero mission at the hospital where you fight Doctor Psycho. In one of the fights with Doctor Psycho(little creep keeps running away) he creates an illusion of Power Girl, as well as ones of Donna Troy and.... I think Supergirl. The illusions are pretty easy to defeat, though.

Wonder Girl appears at the end of a mission sequence from Wonder Woman where you will also fight Giganta. The villain version of that mission has Giganta botching the ruitual and Wonder Girl temporarily absorbs Giganta's powers, growing to very large size until you can undo the ritual(while giant Wonder girl is trying to pummel you and the normal-sized Giganta)

More
12 Jan 2011 11:30 #21249 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Re: Powergirl Skin
As far as MMO's go, I actually enjoyed this one. Combat is far more hands on than most since you have direct control over your moves rather than click a hotkey and watch standard animation do the rest.
Also the use of combo's etc made me think more of games like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, although naturally since it is an MMO the combat system is not as good as these games.

More
24 Jan 2011 20:20 #21335 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Re: Powergirl Skin
How does this game stand up to City of heros?
What are the Super Strenth & Invulnerablity like?
Can someone with this game do a quick video capture? Please. :)

More
25 Jan 2011 13:32 #21344 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Re: Powergirl Skin
www.youtube.com/totalhalibut

This guy has about 8 hours of commentated footage to look at so far and it'll give you a fair impression of the game.

I'd have bought it but I'm between jobs atm so luxury purchases are on hold for the moment :P

More
More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds