Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Off Topic: Xbox Live Indie Game Release

20 Apr 2011 15:52 - 20 Apr 2011 15:53 #22745 by yohashuan
Off Topic: Xbox Live Indie Game Release was created by yohashuan
Hi All,
I think I've earned enough street cred in this place by now to get away with the occasional purely self-promotional post, so here goes...

Most of you may be unaware that I have been doing music composition and sound effects for independent video games as a kind of side-project for the past few years. Well my first Xbox Live Indie game was released this past week (I did the sfx and actually wrote the script too once the writer backed out mid-project).

It's a top-down zombie shooter with absolutely zero tie-in for ubergirl fans, but you CAN win a Kinect if you download and hold the top score in story mode on 11:59pm, Apr 24, 2011. Other prizes include 1600 MX points and a MS Gold Card -- some are for getting a top score, others are just purely random for purchasing the game.

Game cost is 80MS points (which is only $1). And you would be doing me a personal favor by buying the game. If I can tell people I worked on a SUCCESSFUL indie game for Xbox live, it will help me get more work in the future :)

Here is more info on the contest:
www.wethegamerz.com/2011/04/18/undead-empire-contest/

And here is the download link:
marketplace.xbox.com:80/en-US/Product/Un...00-9115-d80258550829

And just in case you care, it's actually a fun game too. Thanks everyone!!
Last edit: 20 Apr 2011 15:53 by yohashuan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yohashuan
  • yohashuan's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Apr 2011 19:06 #22749 by lfan
Congrats, Yosh! Will check it out.....

ElF

More
21 Apr 2011 06:02 #22763 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Off Topic: Xbox Live Indie Game Release
That's awesome news! I'd like to get your game but I don't have my 360 anymore. If it comes out on PS3 I'll pick it up. I'd love to work in the game industry.

More
21 Apr 2011 06:13 #22765 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Off Topic: Xbox Live Indie Game Release
Congratulations, Yosh. I don't have an Xbox 360, so I can't help you out, but if you do anything on PSN for the PS3, let us know!

- GeekSeven

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds