Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

City of Heroes/Villains

17 Sep 2005 12:24 #2547 by mercblue22
City of Heroes/Villains was created by mercblue22
Hello all,
Wow, I'm really surprised that there wasn't a thread posted here devoted to one of the BEST games around right now, City of Heroes. For those who aren't awae of this PC game, its basically a heroes paradise, a game dedicated to NOTHING but superheroes! :D That right, heroes of all shapes, sizes, powers, you name it CofH has it! And for those uber fans who like their girls muscled/non-muscled and superstrong, the game has the ability to do that, providing powers such as super strength, invulnerability and energy melee to fit your supergirl needs. :) There is one downside to this game -ask anyone who has the game- its ADDICTING! Yup, that's the downside, well, and the $14.95 monthly fee to pay, of course. I have 8 characters -all superheroines of course!- on the Freedom server if anyone wants to meet and venture some. I have also included some pics of my a few of my superstrong, muscled girls in game too, gosh I love this game. :P On top of this, I have included links to the City of Heroes website as well as the movies page for anyone who might be interested in trying the game out. -if your a fan of superheroes, you'll like it...especially the character/costume creator feature...that is worth the $14.95 alone...IMO!- Well, enjoy the pics/links and this Halloween, the launch of City of Villains, where you can be the baddest bag girl on the block...period! >;)

Fonzie

My Freedom girls:
1. Adrenalyne: level 26 Invulnerablity/Super Strength giantess of strength!
img368.imageshack.us/img368/9657/adren14nc.jpg
img368.imageshack.us/img368/3815/adren21fq.jpg

2. Altrawoman: level 16 goddess of electrcity!
img368.imageshack.us/img368/5093/altra18jc.jpg
img368.imageshack.us/img368/1387/altra23cf.jpg

3. Ragnora: level 16 Valkyrian goddess and bearer of the sword Ragnora.
img368.imageshack.us/img368/6380/rag16ka.jpg
img368.imageshack.us/img368/8374/rag23ni.jpg

4. Lady Titan: My teen turns Titaness! (and that mallet hurts!)
img399.imageshack.us/img399/3919/lt18es.jpg
img399.imageshack.us/img399/2116/lt20uy.jpg

City of heroes website: www.cityofheroes.com
City of Villains website: www.cityofvillains.com

City of Heroes Movie Page -you have to see the cinematic clips!
www.cityofheroes.com/media/movies.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mercblue22
  • mercblue22's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 Sep 2005 14:16 #2548 by happiest_in_shadows
Replied by happiest_in_shadows on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Sounds interesting though for now I am going to keep playing FFXI. Thanks for the post and the pictures it has been a little while since anyone has added a new thread. Probably because the number of games with true super fems is some what low.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
17 Sep 2005 15:48 #2549 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
I beta tested City of Heroes, but decided not to pay for an account once it went live. I created a female Invulnerability/Super strength tanker, but was disappointed by the fact that I couldn't make her as muscular/busty as I wanted to.

More
17 Sep 2005 16:30 #2550 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
I play all the time! They have a body scaling now that allows for a more "busty" character, but the muscularity will probably never happen.

More
18 Sep 2005 03:37 #2557 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
I recently cancelled my account. It was a fun ride, but I didn't like the way the devs were steering the game. If they'd go and fix some of the things that make the game un-fun in a frustrating way now that they've gone and fixed the things that allegedly made the game un-fun in a too-easy way, I might come back. It would at least show that there is some congruency between what they consider fun and what I do. But until then, I'm gone.

Still, it was a lot of fun. They had something good going for the first year or so, until they managed to turn it into Everquest in tights.

More
26 Jul 2006 18:12 #6367 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains

I beta tested City of Heroes, but decided not to pay for an account once it went live. I created a female Invulnerability/Super strength tanker, but was disappointed by the fact that I couldn't make her as muscular/busty as I wanted to.

Yes you can.

See my super strength/Invulnerable tanker Super Jade.

Fire can't touch her:
img48.imageshack.us/img48/3199/superjade9rl1.jpg

invulnerable to bullets:
img213.imageshack.us/img213/2035/superjade6xv4.jpg

More
26 Jul 2006 18:16 #6368 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Forgot to add she has big...

Teeth :wink:

More
03 Dec 2006 05:25 #7487 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Okay - I'm about ready to break down and get this game. Can someone give me some advice about how to set up the characters for ideal ubergirl status?

More
03 Dec 2006 06:23 #7488 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Well not me exactly, next Dec 5 will do 3 months came in to...

But will tell mercblue bout that and hope he will send what u need.

Hope it works, good luck and maybe one day we can play united.

More
03 Dec 2006 08:11 #7489 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic City of Heroes!
ooooooh, me, me, me I can! (I can safely say I'm qualified to answer YShauns question, been in City of Heroes/Villains since day 1!) >;)

Quite frankly, if you love anything to do with superheroines, you'll LOVE this game! The character creation screen, right from the beginning is very addicting. :D (the character creation modes and costumes are the best that I've ever seen in a MMORPG) You will gind yourself making characters beyond galore, like me. :P

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, the game is great. Its a massive on-line role playing game where hundreds of superheroes gather to fight evil. The powers are very nice, you get to choose between many sets, meleer, blaster, the mighty TANKER, controller and defender.

You can make ubergirls for sure, perhaps you need a pic to show you MY Superwoman and main character. (Mightywoman) She's a tanker, energy/invulnerbility...the pic speaks for itself. :)

img291.imageshack.us/img291/1248/mightywomani2wu9.jpg
img157.imageshack.us/img157/9597/mightywomani23ik9.jpg
img96.imageshack.us/img96/4228/mightywomani17hi9.jpg

The only think is you have to pay to play, buy the game, then pay $15 a month to play. Sometimes the game lags, but if you have a decent computer, you'll be fine.

Also, they just released an awesome I8 update (issue 8, they release these everyon 6-8 months) that has tons of new costumes, levels and things to do. So, if you are thinking of trying out the game, give it a shot, City of Heroes is around $20-30 now anyways and if you're a superheroine fan, you will love it, as simple as that. (points to his Mightywoman pic) :) So, if anyone here wants to play the ultimate Superheroine experience, well, City of Heroes is your ticket! (just dont expect to create really large-muscled superheroines because this games not for you then)

Now, YShaun, you decide...

Fonzie

• mercblue22
More
03 Dec 2006 21:28 #7496 by yohashuan
Love the screenshots, thanks guys. And I'm not worried about the muscular thing... I anticipate an army of about 150 girls who pretty much all look like Paul's. Apparently you need to have played the game for a certain amount of time to unlock different costume options, though. Kind of bummed about that - but I guess it's a good long-term marketing plan. I'll see how soon I can get my hands on a copy and give you a report.

More
04 Dec 2006 03:26 #7498 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
do your self a favor and get the Good VS. Evil editon. (you can only get it at Wal-mart or as an online DL from NC soft) but you get CoH AND CoV all for one price and one monthly fee.

More
04 Dec 2006 04:03 #7500 by yohashuan
Too late. Already got the 'regular' CoH & it's installing now. Something like 2 hours to down load the patch update!? Maybe I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get down to it. :cry:

More
04 Dec 2006 06:26 #7502 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic COH
Yup YoS
It takes that long to download years of updates since the game first started (Apr '04) It should be ready for play tomorrow. (you should create heroes on freedom server and find me so I can help you with the game, all my heroines are on Freedom and my global name is: mercblue26) Since you only have city of heroes, you can create 8 superheroes per server (as oppose to 12 if you had city of villains) Buyt 8 should be more then enough for you -coughs coughs...I have 12 heroines and 5 villains, hehe)

But, drop a message here when you can game and I'll stop by and answer any questions you might have. :) In fact, I have a level 2 superheroine waiting in case you want to team with me and some friends here from the board.

Once, again, welcome aboard to City of Heroes and hope to see you in game!

Fonzie

• mercblue22
More
04 Dec 2006 16:39 #7506 by Albais
Hey Yohashuan...

Welcome finally aboard. Hope u enjoy the game as I do. And here are 2 advices:

1 - When you gonna made the uniform for the ubergal will find a button with text "Copy Current Colors Across Entire Body". Turn it off that one and then can choose perfectly how to paint every piece.

2 - About how to use global name to contact with that player (mine is Albais16, take note to add me) when enter game u will find down at left the chat window.

At top will be some words, go to Friends and u see a new one with the word Server and a green arrow goin down. Click here and u can see more options, the needed 1 is Global.

In each of the two can add the names and when some are in will see it clearly. Then go to that one, click over it with mouse right button and then chat.

Then down a yellow text will appear, write a text and click enter button, et voila!

Remember to have fun, take time to made character (specially first time for discover how it goes) and hope to see u soon...

More
04 Dec 2006 17:56 #7508 by Albais
And some that forget...

Always do tutorial zone with every one u made.

Me and mercblue are on same team, and he mades really beautiful godesses (me pretty decent ones but not his levels).

More
05 Dec 2006 16:22 #7516 by yohashuan
So I've only had about an hour or so to poke around on the game so far - but yeah, it looks like a blast. I designed 3 heroines, only really played the game with one of them for a bit (and now I want to start her over because I screwed up her costume design lol).

Anyway - thanks for the advice. Just to confirm, I want to: Try to create characters on the 'Freedom' server. Add MercBlue26 & Albais16 to global friends list.

Anything else you guys think I need to know?

More
05 Dec 2006 17:30 #7517 by Albais
Welcome aboard buddy...

More things to know:

1 - Freedom server right.

2 - Add mercblue26 and Albais16 as i wrote it.

3 - Account first month is free.

4 - For costume changes and AE outfits have to wait to lvl 20, but are some xtras like Veteran Rewards on Issue 8 or times like Halloween or Xmas.

5 - On those last ones the things u need will go to the Salvage on powers bar (also with other things that u can olnly use when got the 2 games at same time).

6 - Talkin bout that bar for use enhan have to click 2 times in Enhancements word and then a window will open.

Up all powers u got and down enhan. Have to click on last ones and look the circles above, if the external part of sames turns green means that u can put it here.

In every enhan is a number that shows a lvl. When turns red instead of yellow have to put it on a sewer down left cuz doesn't works.

When u arrive a higher lvl can buy more better ones in the Skyway shops where there's 1 fore every kind of original power choosed (Magic, Natural, etc).

The olds can be sell to some characters in every part of city that are always round the trainer (can see it in map using options). When u're in ask for which ones, don't remember now.

Same with Inspirations, will learn it at miss or buy or sell but in this case only in every area contacts.

On Skyway there's also the Tailor Shop for new costumes, but have to go when u're on a high lvl, dangerous foes round those places...

7 - First miss will be very simple but more up u are more difficult will be, so sooner or later u have to form teams for help but carefully, there are some ones really poors (know what i'm talkin bout...) :)

Always have a place on ours and with time will also be a member of the Supergroup.

Think don't leave nothing but in case u got any other question or doubt can use my private SWM mail or also the Yahoo one that are in my profile (same with merc but better wait til we told u).

So have fun, made pretty babes, kick some bad asses and see u soon on the City...

Ah! buy the COV when u can, hope i'll do next January, more good & evil babes and a SG base to enter.

And always look global friends list for us. As i'm playin in Barcelona got a 7 more hours difference from merc (12:00 am for him is 19:00 pm for me).

Ok no more to say, if there's something didn't see clear u know where we are to give a friendly hand... :wink:

More
05 Dec 2006 18:06 #7518 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Glad you got things going Yoshaun,
But, we need to know what your global name is so we can add you to our lists now? (when you sign on, it will tell you what it is in the local chat box) Also, what day and times will you usually come on so we can get together and team? (are you in the USA?) As Al said, most important, first month is FREE, after that its $14.95 a month (not too bad)

Thanks for the info and can't wait to see the supers you've created!

Fonzie

• mercblue22
More
05 Dec 2006 23:37 #7522 by yohashuan
Thanks for the tips, Albais. Not really sure what half the things you said mean, but... I apprediate it anyway!

I already did my one time only global handle change - so you can find me under the name Yohashuan.

As far as times... well it's kind of hard to get a schedule being that I just got a new job, just had my second kid, and hardly have any time to myself anymore. Most likely I'll just be a casual weekend gamer - trying to get in a few multi-hour sessions on Fri or Saturday nights (West Coast USA time), but otherwise don't think I'll be able to make it online for long enough chunks to be worthwhile. Keep your eyes peeled for me though, would love to get some in game chat & tips.

We need to get as many people as we can that frequent this website to buy the game. It's really tailor made for this audience - can't believe it took me this long to get it!

More
06 Dec 2006 01:22 #7523 by yohashuan
Well - I'm having real problems adding you guys. Not sure what it is. I type "/gfriend mercblue26" and it should add right? Well it says neither of you guys exist. Advice please.

Also - how did you guys take the screenshots of your character in action? I can't rotate the camera around to see my own front when I'm playing. I heard you need to push the middle mouse button, but my mouse only has 2 buttons! Help!

I'm trying not to turn this into my own 'give me a tutorial' thread - but it's not going so good. :)

More
06 Dec 2006 05:56 #7524 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
I totally agree Yoshaun, why haven't you Super fans gotten this game!? ;)
(You'll be kicking yourself to those who havent played it yet...)

Fonzie

• mercblue22
More
06 Dec 2006 07:48 #7525 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Don't worry, Yohashuan, every question you ask here is one I won't have to re-ask when I get around to getting this game :) .

--Y (er, the other Y)

More
06 Dec 2006 09:02 #7526 by Albais
Well it's official now, the 3 we have finally played and got a good time...

So SWM members don't be shy and enjoy us. More we are, more fun have.

And yaracyrrah hope to see u soon :wink:

More
11 Dec 2006 23:58 #7584 by yohashuan
Well I feel as though I've finally got a good handle on this game. The sheer breadth of options can be a bit overwhelming when you're first starting out, but even if you manage to come online when neither Merc or Albais are around, it's never too hard to get assistance from someone. Most folks are more than willing to help out a n00b (er... maybe it's just that they like helping out n00bs who look like fit & busty superheroines ;P ). Either way, I just wanted to pop another note down here on the board because I've been completely AWOL from all internet-related activities since purchasing CoH.

I'll also be sure to include some screenshots of some of these characters I've been creating next time. Really - the hero design options alone make the cost of the game worth it.

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds