Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Any interest in Superhero MMO's?

12 Mar 2013 18:06 #30730 by ArgentDragon
Any interest in Superhero MMO's? was created by ArgentDragon
With both Champions Online and DC Universe Online now Free-To-Play, and with Marvel Heroes ramping up for release soon, I was wondering if there's any interest here for any of these games. And if there are people interested, would you like to create a supergroup in one or more of these games?

Another option could be creating a multi-game guild, so that we'd have members in whichever games they're interested in playing, but all part of the same community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArgentDragon
  • ArgentDragon's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2013 18:08 #30731 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Any interest in Superhero MMO's?
I think that a lot of people around here have at least tried them. I played a lot of Champions soon after it became free, but stopped out of boredom. I prefer pen and paper RPGs.

I haven't tried DC Universe, mostly because the system kept rejecting each and everty character I made because of the names.

More
12 Mar 2013 18:46 #30733 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Any interest in Superhero MMO's?
I've played both Champions Online and City of Heroes/Villains. They were fun for a while but after a month I started to get really bored.

More
12 Mar 2013 19:25 - 12 Mar 2013 19:32 #30735 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic Any interest in Superhero MMO's?
Champions got boring really fast, I didn't play for a full month.

DCUO wasn't great, but with the customization options I played it for more than a year. Then Sony decided to outsource the European sector to a German media company (ProSieben/Sat1 whatever, they're mostly running TV stations) and during the transfer my account was reset, costing me about a hundred Euros and easily fivehundred hours of playtime. After a few weeks of "It was their mistake. No, it was theirs!", I gave up on it and decided to never touch anything from both companies ever again.

So while I can recommend DCUO for anyone who finds MMOs enjoyable, I strongly advice agains putting any money in it. And since this keeps you from getting to the second half (I think) of the content by now, the choice kind of sucks.

My current choice of MMO is The Secret World. It's not much in regards to superpowers, no flight, no superstrenght, etc., but there's magic and with a B2P model (Buy the game, play for free), it's decent enough.

Edit: As an afterthought, if you can manage to pick up Star Wars The Old Republic cheap and don't utterly hate the universe, there's about two months of interesting story content in it and, at least with a female Sith Inquisitor you can get a few low level ubergirl kicks out of it. (Can't speak for the Jedi side since I found most of their content to annyoing.)
Last edit: 12 Mar 2013 19:32 by Skye.

More
12 Mar 2013 22:15 #30736 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Any interest in Superhero MMO's?
I played City of Heroes off and on since it was released. With it dead now, I've tried DCUO and Champions, but neither held my attention.

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds