Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Saints Row 4

02 Jul 2013 08:41 #32127 by bionicskillz
Sanits Row 4 was created by bionicskillz
Coming out in August and you can play as a female.
Saints Row 4 gameplay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bionicskillz
  • bionicskillz's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Jul 2013 02:01 #32136 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Sanits Row 4
Not only that but the characters are fully customizable too.

More
07 Jul 2013 10:51 #32169 by peterso20
Replied by peterso20 on topic Sanits Row 4
Looks amazing! Will definitely be picking that up when it comes out.

More
09 Jul 2013 03:59 #32176 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Sanits Row 4
I was very disapointed when Australia banned this game, and am pleased that a 'low violence' is being released for those of us down-under. Apparently, the censors were concerned with one weapon in particular, being an alien anal probe. I think i can do without that.

This looks like it could be the best game yet for us SWManiacs. I hope the Aussie version isn't watered down too much....

More
09 Jul 2013 12:47 - 09 Jul 2013 12:48 #32179 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Sanits Row 4

Dru1076 wrote: an alien anal probe

LoL ? Wtf ! :laugh:
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 12:48 by Helstar.

More
09 Jul 2013 15:04 #32180 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Sanits Row 4

Helstar wrote:

Dru1076 wrote: an alien anal probe

LoL ? Wtf ! :laugh:

Not that strange, in SR3 you can use a meter and something long, rubber fallus as a club. Matter of fact it's the most effective melee weapon in the game.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Aug 2013 00:58 #32746 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Sanits Row 4
Anyone tried it yet?

I've been playing with the demo (actually it's just a character editor), and the character seems very customizable, and also it has 'boob physics' :woohoo:

More
23 Aug 2013 15:54 #32752 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Sanits Row 4
Been playing it all week and it's freakin' awesome!
You get build a highly customizable FEMALE character complete with big, bouncy boobs and your choice of voice actor!
For the superpowers, you get super speed, super jumping, telekinesis, super stomp, freeze/burn/lighting bolts, and some buffs.
You can almost jump from one end of the city to the other, run faster than any vehicle whilst effortlessly knocking cars and trucks out of your way, or just run around murdering civilians-all while jamming some Cypress Hill :)
My only gripe is there's not much super strength. You can pull off some hilariously violent "super-powered beatdowns", kick cars around, but that's about it. Reminds me a lot of Prototype, but infinitely better.
And your character is also the President of the United States :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
25 Aug 2013 17:24 #32771 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Sanits Row 4
This looks very interresting ! Does anyone have screenshots or video captures of their female character ?
Does that game is available for PC ? Is it free ?
Thanks.

More
25 Aug 2013 19:02 - 25 Aug 2013 19:03 #32775 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic Sanits Row 4
It's available via Steam and costs something between 40-50€, depending if you buy it from Steam directly or look to some other stores selling Steam keys.

I'm at about 80% of the story and while I really miss real flight and heat vision, the super jump and fireballs are nice replacements. I'm a bit disappointed in the super strength, since you can't really pick stuff up and the kicks and punches aren't that over the top either.

While there seems to be some talk of creating a Superman mod, I haven't found anything by now.

All in all, it's a great game, propably the most super-powered fun I've had since my DCUO account got screwed.

I'll try to get some screenshots, but video capture is something my machine doesn't do well.
Last edit: 25 Aug 2013 19:03 by Skye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico

More
27 Aug 2013 06:20 #32793 by Dru1076
I haven't played it yet...though I paid in full for a copy expecting it to be in hands by the 30th. @thanks to Aussie censors, I've now got to wait until the 12th or 14th of september...had I known, I would have kept my money and bought beer instead.

Out of curiousity I checked to see what kind of cheat codes are available, and it turns out the best codes seem to be only available through DLC....I haven't even got the game yet and I'm already preparing to spend more money. Shame on them...

That said, I'm still looking firward to it.

Google it if you want to find the codes, they are out there already....

More
27 Aug 2013 09:49 #32795 by Skye
Don't worry, I'm not really great at quick games, but I still forget to activate the code you're thinking about most of the time without even noticing it.

More
27 Aug 2013 09:54 #32796 by Ravens_ghost
Replied by Ravens_ghost on topic Sanits Row 4
You don't need cheat codes, I've all most finished it and if you do all the side missions you end up with unlimited super run, unlimited glide and that's what I've finished unlocking at the moment, you need to do a lot of roof top hunting as well for "code fragments" blue pillars of light.

More
27 Aug 2013 10:24 #32797 by Dru1076
The codes I'm referring to are the equivalent of Never Die (invulnerbility/bulletproof) and Bloody Mess (Enemies [and hopefully this time objects...] explode when you hit them). For these things, one has to cheat.

Curious...one of the things I noticed in the list was a player ability called 'Buff'...has anyone unlocked this yet?

More
27 Aug 2013 11:25 #32798 by Skye
I got the invulnerability bit. The cheat actually doesn't make you invulnerable, you just don't die, when your hitpoints run out.
I have unlocked Buff, but except for making some fights (against Wardens, bigger mobs with shields) a lot easier, I haven't noticed much of an effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

More
27 Aug 2013 14:49 #32801 by BloodRayne89
Replied by BloodRayne89 on topic Sanits Row 4
Probably the best Superhero game to date! Yeah, take the time to earn everything like powers, invulnerability, bonuses, etc.
I did notice a major bug with the fire damage resistance power though. (Skip level 3 to avoid it!)

More
02 Sep 2013 03:26 #32844 by sphinx
Replied by sphinx on topic Sanits Row 4
You've convinced me! Bought and loved it :)

More
02 Sep 2013 04:00 #32845 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Sanits Row 4
For those superspeed fans, I unlocked Tornado in which there is now a wake that blows every object around me when I run.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

More
24 Sep 2013 02:20 #33176 by Dru1076
Finally got this last week...the Australian release just kept getting pushed back.

After spending a few hours with it over the weekend, gotta say it's a great game for SWManiacs, but it's not perfect. In the previous game it was possible for your character to be completely bulletproof, whereas this time you must settle for reduced damage. Still, I'm certainly glad I bought it.

That said, I did spend more time playing GTAV than this one...

More
29 Nov 2013 20:25 - 29 Nov 2013 20:26 #34490 by Kamelmann
Replied by Kamelmann on topic Sanits Row 4
Hi guys, just thought i'd highlight that its just gone up on this years Steam Autumn Sale (on PC) for 48 hour at 60% off. :)
Last edit: 29 Nov 2013 20:26 by Kamelmann.

More
08 Dec 2014 22:48 #39325 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Sanits Row 4
I've been playing SR4 for the better part of the last couple of days and was absolutely amazed by it. I played SR3 because of the possibility to have a female character kicking asses GTA-style but quickly got bored. Now, with ACTUAL superpowers it's an entirely different thing.
As with everything, Saints Row doesn't hold back anything. If there are superpowers then it means there's a crazy huge bunch of meant-to-be-shown-off superpowers.
Your character, which can be not only a girl but also a buff one, can run faster than light, thrash cars and trucks like they're not even there (either by running or bare handed), jump higher than the sky and glide, run vertically over building walls to put Spiderman to shame, effortlessly destroy and occasionally decapitate humans and aliens with unheard of melee skills (QTEs with throatlifts included!), shoot ice or fire beams from her hands, mind-control the surrounding environment.
All this while wearing designer clothes and high-heels of course.
I dare say this is the most rewarding game ever for those who like badass superheroines. And if you want to sacrifice the challenge for the sake of omnipotency, you can have that too ;)

Unfortunately, graphics could be way better. Volition probably doesn't have the budget nor the skills to challenge Rockstar on the visual department, and that means that characters are not very well-defined, so much so it's impossible (despite the huge amount of indicators to play with) to create a REALLY hot character. Good-looking is the best you can do. And the hair. God, the hair. It's like a single wooden block on top of the head. Black (which is actually grey) and dark red are the only colors I found acceptable. All the others, especially blonde, are downright ridiculous.

Still, for the twelve pounds I paid the game I'm quite happy. Any game that allows me to thrash trucks while running at superspeed with a muscular babe is more than ok in my book :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
08 Dec 2014 23:24 #39326 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Sanits Row 4
I bought SR4 during the last Steam sale, but I haven't played it yet, I hope it's really that good.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Dec 2014 23:32 #39327 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Sanits Row 4
I also just picked it up. Close to finishing it. Did not realize the game has been out for over a year.

More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds