Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Supergirl: We Don't Need Another Hero

09 Jul 2013 16:05 #32181 by castor
Never saw this on the site and its highly worth bringing up.

Supergirl: We Don't Need Another Hero is a point and click adventure game a fan made a several years ago.

www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/505/

Not sure if when you think superheroine you think point and click adventure, but actually it does kind of fit-most superhero comics play feel more like adventure games then any kind of action ones-and it does a pretty good job with a lot of the tropes and ideas of an ubergirl, and encorporates her powers and her strength pretty well in spots. I might argue that its one of the better superhero games i have ever played in that regard. It feels like your playing a comicbook which is something i don't get from Arhkam city.

Its also funny in parts or at least smiling. This isn't like sam and max or adventures of monkey island in terms of humor, but it creates its premise-that someone else is named supergirl and the real one has to fight to clear her name pretty well. At its best it does a good job of suggesting someone who is not used to exasberation. The games creator has a good sence of the kind of slightly angsty linda danvers.

Its about an hour. It was made in 2005 and the graphics weren't top of the line then, but its fun if you let it be. Its also free and worth playing if you want to.

Castor
The following user(s) said Thank You: j2001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Jul 2013 18:43 #32183 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Supergirl: We Don't Need Another Hero
I've tried it a few years back and, to be honest, I don't remember if it was good or not.

More
18 Jul 2013 19:50 #32346 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Supergirl: We Don't Need Another Hero
Nice one, I'm a fan of adventure games so I quite enjoyed this one despite its graphic belonging to a distant past ;) Witty dialogues and some cool animations (I love when Supergirl works out with the wrecking ball), though the ending was a bit weak.
TO be honest, I didn't mind the muscular supergirl either :P

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds