Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Infamous: First Light

28 Aug 2014 04:16 - 28 Aug 2014 04:18 #37905 by castor
Infamous: First Light was created by castor
They have just released Infamous: First Light for the Playstation 4. The Prequel......to Infamous: Second Sight (which is the third game in the serieis-its confusing). In it you play A Supergirl named Fetch as she battles through Seatle with Neon powers.

Infamous is a fun game series-its about people who discover awesome power and have to decide. Super Strength is a minor feature of it-its there in parts but not really-what is an emphasis on traversal-climbing buildings, kind of flying and sometimes moving at super fast speed-with an emphasis of projectile bolts and other that very a bit on how and where your playing(theres an absorbing mechani).. Whens done well it can be a lot of fun.

IFL is really Infamous 3.5ish. You could call DLC to second sight, but its a little bigger then that-but not gigantically. The map is the same, and ennimes for the most part but there some new game play mechanics mission types-its full game. its sold as a stand alone game that costs $20 .00

You don't have to own Second sight, but its a lot like it -wasn't a great game. Its looks phenomenal-it maybe one of the best games looking out there and First Light in places looks in tad better then that- the hallmarks of the series the movement the sense of speed and power are there- though it is a game if you stop moving it can be dangerous and a bit of a drag-its like Sonic like that. Second Sight suffered a bit.

Beyond mechanics .as its plot wasn't that great, its lead was kind of dull-he didn't have the verve of Cole the Star of the first two games- it felt a bit like they where just copying and pasting- it was a PS4 launch game like a lot of launch games it seems like it was designed to showcase what the system could do more then improve things.

i can say I:FL does a better job at t Fetch is kind of a great character. She was a character in Second sight (the Neon Power Lady) and this tells her story. y A plucky young woman who has awesome powers, but knowing she still can get killed- its kind of an intresting mix of Strength and Vulnerability-i don't want to say "Wow shes a girl" you should see it-but well that informs it-its a good job of being an aciton heroine without being an uber badass. Its well voiced acted to. Though she is clocked as punk riot girl-it never hides the fact that there is osmeone human underneath it. The story of her escape from the goverment is cliched but from i have seen it does an intresting version of it as she flirts between her desire to be a normal woman and the growing realization she can change the world....

The gameplay however ts similar to 3 but somewhat neutered-well the 3.0 had four sets of powers. This one: Neon. Its arguabbly the best one of the game and they do play around with it as its mostly about the best parts , so its okay-it works for the character--however one big change is the morality system- its gone. The series had a big part of "you can be a superhero" or you can be a supervillian-here your more or less a superhero storywise-however one of the good parts of it was that if you wanted to be a superhero-well you had to be a superhero. no random damage, no killing innocent people-or counterwise-HURRAY DEATH!!!. The more focused storyline is perhaps a little more focused for having to account if your good (well goodish) or EVIL!!!! but the lack of it hurts the game play for making that just totally optional-its lacks.

However when the story takes off and your flying around a bueatiful city---yeah there something.

Overall i would recomend it i guess if you own a Playstation 4- i wouldn't buy a system for it, but if you own-even if you haven't played infamous its a fun introduction to the series--and if they where to make an entire big game around her and a supergirl its there. its something
Last edit: 28 Aug 2014 04:18 by castor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JessP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds