Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

League Of Maidens

14 Oct 2016 09:18 #50712 by bionicskillz
League Of Maidens was created by bionicskillz
I think this video speaks for itself:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, SCOTT R, erikphandel, AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bionicskillz
  • bionicskillz's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2016 10:09 #50713 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic League Of Maidens
Mmm, slowly but surely, ubergirls are going mainstream :).

More
14 Oct 2016 14:34 #50714 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic League Of Maidens

bionicskillz wrote: I think this video speaks for itself:

Wonder if they are affiliated in some way to MaidenNetwork.com, that "girl power" channel on Roku that did an original movie called Athena but then not much else (they syndicated WCG stuff for a few episodes). The "comic" version of the game is content on that same channel for a while now, and the "Maiden"-esque similarity got me thinking.......

ElF

More
15 Oct 2016 03:34 #50732 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic League Of Maidens

lfan wrote:

bionicskillz wrote: I think this video speaks for itself:

Wonder if they are affiliated in some way to MaidenNetwork.com, that "girl power" channel on Roku that did an original movie called Athena but then not much else (they syndicated WCG stuff for a few episodes). The "comic" version of the game is content on that same channel for a while now, and the "Maiden"-esque similarity got me thinking.......

ElF

I was thinking the same thing as well.

• bionicskillz
  • bionicskillz's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Oct 2016 07:52 #50735 by willow
Replied by willow on topic League Of Maidens
Looks interesting, but I would prefer a more single player sandbox style game than the 5x5 multiplayer their website suggests. Would also like more detail on the game itself, character creation, skills/perks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LustMonster

More
15 Oct 2016 13:21 #50742 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic League Of Maidens
Finally a great Superwomen videogame ! Sounds promising and looks very interesting but as Willow said, I would like to have more details for female characters creation.

More
15 Oct 2016 13:34 - 15 Oct 2016 13:36 #50743 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic League Of Maidens
League of Maidens

League of Maidens (LoM) is a 3D free-to-play online battle arena tower defense game featuring beautiful heroines with powers. Players battle each other in teams of 5 to destroy towers guarding the enemy base. The game is won when all towers are destroyed including the main tower located in the enemy base.
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjhfDzgyaQts2Ms1DnY96rA
Published on Oct 13, 2016

Get Early Access! Visit us online at www.maidengaming.net
Help vote for League of Maidens on Steam Greenlight!!! - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles...

League of Maidens® is a 3D free-to-play online battle arena real time strategy game for PC/Mac featuring beautiful maidens with superhuman powers. Players battle each other in teams of 5 to destroy towers guarding the enemy base. The match is won when all towers are destroyed including the main tower located in the enemy base. The game has many innovative features some of which are listed below.

- FPS style shooting and projectile attacks
- 3rd person melee fighting with combo ability and combo counters
- Human flight at the speed of sound
- Swimming and car/truck driving
- Lifting and flying with cars/trucks
- Grabbing enemies while flying at high speed and smashing them into the ground or buildings
- Two different character versions that can be customized and swapped during live gameplay.
- Indoor and outdoor combat
- Real time stragetic battle choices
- Building and environment destruction
- In-depth character customization
- Dynamic day/night cycles and weather
- Building and recruiting military assets (soldiers, tanks, turrets, war ships and jets) and much more.

Category
People & Blogs
License
Standard YouTube License

www.maidengaming.net/building-our-base-model/
It was important for us to start off on the right foot when we began designing the base model for all of the Goddesses and Never Humans of the game...
Building our base female model
by maidengaming on March 1, 2015 in Blog

It was important for us to start off on the right foot when we began designing the base model for all of the Goddesses and Never Humans of the game. As always we wanted to do something that was different.

One of the things that we noticed is most games that offer character customization for female characters pretty much offered up the same body type. Very feminine and a toss up as to whether or not you had the ability to feature enlarged breasts or butts on your model. But outside of that the offerings were pretty similar. This is where we decided to offer up something drastically different.

With the rise of athletic women dominating the popularity field in hollywood (Ronda Rousey and Gina Carano) we wanted to push the envelope on the ability for the player to create a feminine female character but at the same time build a bad ass female warrior that had beautifully athletic proportions. With the ability to customize muscle size the player ends up with the ability to create a very different looking maidens that we feel more accurately represents what a bad ass female maiden would look like in a modern day game.
Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.
Recent Posts

Athena, Leader of the Divinian
Persephone, Queen of the Netherian
Drakani,Tigarian,Lupian, Mecha Races
Take this truck to the face pal
Re-inventing human flight

Recent Comments

Archives

October 2016
September 2015
August 2015
May 2015
March 2015

Categories

Blog

Meta

Entries RSS
Comments RSS
www.maidengaming.net/early-access/

MaidenGaming.net (Free to Play Games)

menu

Register Login

Please Support Us!!!

We need your help & support to continue development on League of Maidens! Become a backer and pledge as little as $10 to get an early access alpha key to play League of Maidens when the alpha drops this winter!!!
***Humble Bundle widget used for early access payments.***
$10 pledge gets you an Early Access Key!!!

***Funding from pledges will be used to add additional content and multiplayer PvP for beta!***
***Backer packages will be delivered in order of pledges received in (4) phases starting this Winter!***

League of Maidens® is a 3D free-to-play online battle arena real time strategy game for PC/Mac that was created by two developers with a passion for gaming and movies. We are not a giant game studio with unlimited resources. As a matter of fact, we have full-time jobs and work on this game during our off hours working until 3-4am in the morning practically every night for almost two years. As a crowd funded project, League of Maidens’ success and growth is based solely on the support provided by our backers. Our ultimate goal is to quit our jobs and concentrate on making League of Maidens an online 5 vs. 5 multiplayer competition based game. Money pledged goes directly to the game’s development which means we need your support to make this game a success! Using this funding system will ensure that we work on the features that players want while rewarding them for their pledges. How does it work?

Our plan is to release the alpha version of League of Maidens this winter on Steam. The time frame for beta and full release are undetermined. The alpha version will contain key features for backers to enjoy giving you a chance to play long before the official release. This alpha version will support PvE and limited online capability. Our plan is to use the funding generated from this campaign to add PvP , new features and additional in-game content for the beta build. Pledging as little as $10 will get you early access to the alpha build this winter and any League of Maidens® builds/versions available in the future. For those of you that just can’t get enough feel free to check out our enhanced backer packages below. Also, feel free to tip! Every little bit helps to keep us in business!

***PLEDGING GIVES YOU EARLY ACCESS TO THE GAME BEFORE IT IS RELEASED!!!***
***PLEDGING GETS YOU ACCESS TO THE ALPHA AND ALL FUTURE VERSIONS!!!***

League of Maidens® Early Access Keys
Want to Play? Click here and find out how to be a part of Early Access!!!

Support | Terms of Use | EULA | Privacy Policy | Press Kit | Media Inquiries
Copyright © 2016 League of Maidens®

© 2016 Maiden Gaming Inc. All rights reserved. League of Maidens®, Maiden Gaming™ and Motion Replay™ are trademarks of Maiden Gaming, Inc.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2016 13:36 by slim36.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico

More
16 Oct 2016 14:24 #50746 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic League Of Maidens
Hi.
Your game looks very interesting for every Superwomen lovers.
But could you make an additional single player mode where superpowered Maidens could test their powers and interact with tanks, soldiers, buildings...
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, LustMonster

More
16 Oct 2016 20:37 #50748 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic League Of Maidens
Apparently this is related to maidennetwork.com. I signed up as a supporter, but don't have anything more than what's on their website

Factsheet

Developer:
Maiden Gaming Inc.

Software:
League of Maidens®

Company location:
Charlotte, NC USA

Founding date:
March 14, 2014

Websites:
www.maidengaming.net
www.leagueofmaidens.com

Supported platforms:
PC and Mac Computers

Press / Business contact:
press@maidengaming.net

Social links:
facebook.com/leagueofmaidens
twitter.com/leagueofmaidens
twitch.tv/maidengamingnet
from www.maidengaming.net/league-of-maidens-press-kit/

More
17 Oct 2016 11:53 #50754 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic League Of Maidens
Fool me once: Shame on you
Fool me twice: Shame on me

I bought into the Maiden Network back in the beginning.
They produced one movie and never anything else.
They failed to deliver everything else promised.

How many times can you watch the same movie for $15 a month?
All other programming on the Maiden Network was broadcast at a rate too fast for my DSL.
An easily fixed problem which they promised to fix and never did.
E mails would go un answered.
These guys won't get one more dime of my money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

More
17 Oct 2016 14:07 #50755 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic League Of Maidens

Markiehoe wrote: Fool me once: Shame on you
Fool me twice: Shame on me

I bought into the Maiden Network back in the beginning.
They produced one movie and never anything else.
They failed to deliver everything else promised.

How many times can you watch the same movie for $15 a month?
All other programming on the Maiden Network was broadcast at a rate too fast for my DSL.
An easily fixed problem which they promised to fix and never did.
E mails would go un answered.
These guys won't get one more dime of my money.

Yep. they lost some credibility with me after their promises on the MaidenNetwork......

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Markiehoe

More
18 Oct 2016 01:15 #50768 by willow
I have bought enough pre-order video games to know better than invest in a game before seeing the final product. The controversy around No Man's Sky being the best example (did not buy it, thankfully). The fact this is going to be released as free to play also means micro-transactions to help keep the game afloat, which could easily translate into your typical pay-to-win scenarios. Want that sexy supergirl like costume? $$ Want all the cool powers seen in the trailer? $$ Want more character customization options? $$

Personally, I still think a for-sale sandbox game is the better approach with a multi-player component added in at release or later. The game seems very niche orientated, especially considering the other MOBA games that dominate the market. Of course, story is what really interests me in a good video game more than anything else.

I applaud the developers in their efforts, and hope that it succeeds. I will likely check it out if and when it is released. However, I dislike multi-player only games in general so long-term playing the game won't be my thing.

More
18 Oct 2016 01:53 #50769 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic League Of Maidens

willow wrote: I have bought enough pre-order video games to know better than invest in a game before seeing the final product. The controversy around No Man's Sky being the best example (did not buy it, thankfully). The fact this is going to be released as free to play also means micro-transactions to help keep the game afloat, which could easily translate into your typical pay-to-win scenarios. Want that sexy supergirl like costume? $$ Want all the cool powers seen in the trailer? $$ Want more character customization options? $$

Personally, I still think a for-sale sandbox game is the better approach with a multi-player component added in at release or later. The game seems very niche orientated, especially considering the other MOBA games that dominate the market. Of course, story is what really interests me in a good video game more than anything else.

I applaud the developers in their efforts, and hope that it succeeds. I will likely check it out if and when it is released. However, I dislike multi-player only games in general so long-term playing the game won't be my thing.

On the site, they stated that the game would NOT be Pay2Win and that the stuff purchased with real money would be strictly cosmetic. Character and structure skins, mostly.

More
18 Oct 2016 13:19 #50772 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic League Of Maidens

willow wrote: I have bought enough pre-order video games to know better than invest in a game before seeing the final product. The controversy around No Man's Sky being the best example (did not buy it, thankfully). The fact this is going to be released as free to play also means micro-transactions to help keep the game afloat, which could easily translate into your typical pay-to-win scenarios. Want that sexy supergirl like costume? $$ Want all the cool powers seen in the trailer? $$ Want more character customization options? $$

In general preordering a game is always tricky because, for all intent and purposes, it's like paying for nothing more than a promise and the more hype and expectation piles up upon a title, the more disappointed the audience often is. No Man's Sky has been the worst case scenario in recent years, but it's not alone (who does remeber Daikatana?).
What I think in taking my enthusiasm down a notch about this game are the MOBA nature of it (not a big fan) and the general feeling that the engine looks a bit dated. I might be dead wrong here -- I'll actually be glad if I am -- but the general feeling I got from this trailer is of a game built around a late sixth generation engine, rather than something current.

More
18 Oct 2016 15:33 #50773 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic League Of Maidens
I'm not a huge gamer. But I do have some general policy about pre-supporting something.

It's all a bit about risk/reward.

- How badly do I want to see the thing? (this can override reasoning)
- Does the person/entity have a proven track record of delivering that kind of content?
- Where is the money going? (who gets it)
- Monetary Amount
- time to wait until items delivered
- Could I get this any other way?

This seems to fail on multiple counts.

- no proven track record of delivering a game. barely any track record of delivering anything (one movie, a comic, some art commissions (mostly from the same artist), and setting up a streaming network (non-trivial, but it also always had some problems).

Factor in that making a video game is complex and easy to fail. (Lots of examples.) Sure there are tools now that allow someone to do a lot with a short amount of effort, but a full polished game is a significant effort.

- Not sure where the money is going (it's going to a corporation). Most kickstarters/etc I support go to Writer/Artist/other and the people are named. I've no reason to trust the company.

- A nebulous time frame

Though $10 isn't that much of a buy in. that's a plus.

But the last part: "Could I get this any other way". For one, it's easy to just wait and see if/when the alpha comes out, and then listen to someone who has actually played it. They seem to WANT extra funding, but their plan doesn't seem to require it. It's pitched as "help support" not a kickstarter where it won't exist AT ALL w/o the support. That is, it's perfectly fine or me to wait and see what the game is like when it's closer to release and THEN determine if that actual thing, instead of promises, is worth support.

More
24 Apr 2017 23:44 #53781 by Ravens_ghost
Replied by Ravens_ghost on topic League Of Maidens
Well Alpha testing starts on the 28th of April, and the devs have been puttiing up a few video for peeps to check out,
show what you can do to customise your character.

More
25 Apr 2017 00:42 #53782 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic League Of Maidens
I could just play the character creator all day. Would be nice to just have a playground full of things to break, smash, blow over, blow away, zap, punch, kick, levitate, fly in, ...

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Apr 2017 02:02 #53783 by Ravens_ghost
Well the dev are open to suggests, so if we put it across as a testing area they may do it.

More
25 Apr 2017 02:53 #53784 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic League Of Maidens
Probs gonna download this exclusively for the character creator since I hate MMORPGs. Graphics are nice, but could be better. Though I don't blame them since this is not a triple A studio. Looking forward to this. We should try to get some of the developers here on the forums, they'll probably love this place

• erikphandel
  • Away
More
25 Apr 2017 06:52 #53785 by willow
More than likely they plan on funding the game through micro-transactions. The name and video suggests that it is more inline with MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games like League of Legends. If I read correctly on Steam, access to the Alpha version of the game is $10. While it is not official, micro-transactions will probably take the form of things to modify your character. Different clothing options, hair styles, power colors, wings, capes, etc. Some games have what are called "pay-to-win" where you can purchase power ups, experience boosts, or other things to give an advantage over other players. Time will tell how deep down that rabbit hole they go, but micro-transactions are pretty much the only way that free-to-play games survive.

The game is on my watch list for now. I have never been a big fan of MOBA or other multiplayer games, which is why I would have preferred a straight sandbox setting or some form of single-player campaign. It looks impressive considering it is two game developers working after hours on it. We shall see what becomes of it, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, erikphandel

More
25 Apr 2017 12:16 #53790 by erikphandel
Nice! I'm fucking addicted to MOBAs, I'm so happy to hear that. If they go for the same business model of League of Legends I'll probably fund the game single-handedly

• erikphandel
  • Away
More
25 Apr 2017 12:35 - 25 Apr 2017 12:37 #53791 by Ravens_ghost
From the videos I've seen the only store buttons are on the character creation/assets area, not the skill area, which is where I would think a pay-to-win game would have one.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2017 12:37 by Ravens_ghost. Reason: added /assets and s to button

More
25 Apr 2017 16:07 #53793 by erikphandel
Not necessarily, they could just sell OP equipment on the paid store that can't be obtained anywhere else. Though I have never seen any MOBA since Gunbound do that, because that's fucking retarded

• erikphandel
  • Away
More
26 Apr 2017 13:28 #53801 by Ravens_ghost
Well it looks like they have something for us have a look at the mini games they are including.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R

More
26 Apr 2017 21:32 #53805 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic League Of Maidens
Disappointed this is only on PC/Mac. Be nice if it was a console download.

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds