Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

My favorite polygon

15 May 2006 21:22 #5515 by Greg
My favorite polygon was created by Greg
I recently watched a TV ad for Tomb Raider, Legend. I must say that it made me curious enough to download the demo version, and from there get a full copy. Having not played any games since the old 2D 16-bit variety, it was quite a change for me.

Wheter or not her creators intended it, Laura certainly qualifies as an ubergirl along the lines of Dark Angel. After all, what human being can cling to a cliff ledge by her fingertips (perfectly manicured no less), and then pull herself up forcefully enough to reach a ledge 3 meters (10 feet) above that one? She also pushes boulders that would weigh several tens of tons, and never seems to get tired. I also like the way she does a lot of gratuitously sexy maneuvers such as her gymnastics lifting herself to the top of a cliff.

The art creators of the new Laura almost certainly read the research and saw the computer models of Victor Johnson, PhD. Dr. Johnson of New Mexico State University created a computer model to alter specific characteristics of the female face. His research found that men have the strongest physiological reaction to what he terms the "hyper-feminized" face. The same hyper-feminized face that appears in his software and numerous documentaries also appears on Laura -- the game creators seemed to change only her hair and eye color. So yes, despite all the hoo-ha about Laura's "breast reduction," she is still one nice looking polygon.

The game play itself is focused more on problem solving skills than shooting (though there is shooting too). You can get a demo version of the game at the eidos website. Forget about having a real-world woman who looks that good obey your every command.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2006 05:16 #5517 by Antlion
Replied by Antlion on topic Re: My favorite polygon
Since the first game ever came out, i been a fan of the series. However i just never saw lara croft as a ubergirl. The answer is pretty simple. Other then the fact she can move boulders and climb with ease, she doesn't have much other then her guns. Take away her guns and she's pretty helpless. :(

More
17 May 2006 14:15 #5531 by Greg
Replied by Greg on topic Re: My favorite polygon
Yes, you're right. Perhaps in a newer game Laura will learn to wrestle or use some form of marshall art. From a programming perspective, shooting is probably one of the easiest combats to code, so that's why the creators have her "sticking to her guns."

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds