Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few of the ladies.

10 Feb 2005 00:44 #56 by happiest_in_shadows
A few of the ladies. was created by happiest_in_shadows
Alright I suppose I should get things started. Let us see if we can put together a list of women who are able to handle themselves in the various video games. Also it would probably help things if everyone was certain to post the name of the game and what system it can be found on.

Samus - The metroid series.
I have only played Super Metroid which is for the super nintendo and can be found for emulator. I figure she is one of the better known video game females so I won’t elaborate much on her.

Kos-Mos Xenosaga I and II for the playstation 2
Kos-Mos has got to be the most powerful female character that I have ever seen. She is an android sporting super human speed, strength and a huge array of weapons. In the game she is widely considered the best fighter of the group and the cut scenes never forget how powerful she is. From walking through a solid steel wall and tearing a whole in another. To smacking an incoming enemy away with one hand to nearing the end of the game helping to land an entire start ship. Kos-Mos never needs saving and if she did your probably all screwed.

Shion Xenosaga I and II for the playstation 2
Shion isn’t nearly on Kos-Mos’s level but she is another lady that can handle herself. Anyone playing Xenosaga one and reading the file on her would find that she has a very well developed body and a high kick that would nock a grown man unconscious. We can hope to see some of her actual physical abilities in Xenosaga II. Shion only needs to be saved once in the first game and Kos-Mos does that in a cut seen.

Aya Parasite Eve I and II - Playstation
Aya is a police officer who has a unique condition. Her mitochondria are evolving, this allows her to heal her body more quickly and more importantly resist the attacks of Eve another person whose Mitochondria are changing. Either one of the ladies have the ability to set people on fire with just a glance though Aya is ultimately the more powerful of the two. To my memory Aya never needs saving.

Ayla - Chrono Trigger - Super Nintendo great to try on emulator
Ayla is a tank, while traveling through time you end up recruiting her in the past. She is a little dim but very sweety over all and horrifically strong. Unlike all the other characters who use weapons Ayla makes use of her own two hands to beat her enemies into a pulp. You don’t need to recuse her even once.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• happiest_in_shadows
  • happiest_in_shadows's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2005 20:38 #308 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: A few of the ladies.
I remember some other characters with super strength.

Trish - Devil May Cry - Playstation 2
In the beginning cut scene she beats up the main character Dante and throws a motorcycle at him.

Rogue - X-Men Legends - Playstation 2, Xbox, Gamecube
You can play as Rogue in this game who has her usual powers and can throw cars around.

More
31 Mar 2005 19:01 #645 by happiest_in_shadows
Replied by happiest_in_shadows on topic Re: A few of the ladies.
Buki from Seduki- Game for the xbox which is on the cheap. Buki is a cat girl and is one of the melee fighters you get thus she has rather high strength and health. Though it never shows her doing anything to exceptional you do get to see she is a very fit kitty. One of my favorite things is that she can climb walls but she only uses her upper body, then when climbing down she tends to lift herself on a single arm. Also throughout the game she runs around half naked.

Ailish - Seduki again- For the xbox, Ailish isn't super strong but she can most assuredly handle herself. She is one of the most powerful mages around and if you level her properlly is the most powerful if you consider that she and her shadow self equal one another. I felt like mentioning Ailish as she is one of the few healers I have encountered that also pack quite a few horribly destructive spells.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
31 Mar 2005 22:37 #651 by mickydmm
Replied by mickydmm on topic Re: A few of the ladies.
Are we forgetting Lara Croft?? need I say more?.

How about The Danger Girls??. play station one, not bad graphic's
very hard,( I have it about two years and i still can't get passed the first level) :shock: .

Heavy Metal Fakk 2. PC, ( as far as I know), a futuristic Larra Coft /Tomb raider, instead of raiding tombs Julie( the heroin) travels through the wilderness of a strange world in order to find the secret to destroying an evil entity.

Druuna, A PC game, were a Boxum woman wonders through a plague ridden city looking for the cure/antidote. this one is wierd folks, no weapons, no shoot them up's, just err, ..emm wondering around picking things up for use later.
What makes this differant is you can change the clothing/costume of Druuna, from half nakedness :wink: to a very good Spider woman costume. :D

More
01 Apr 2005 00:20 #654 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: A few of the ladies.
Lara Croft doesnt have super strength. That's the most important part. All she has is an endless supply of bad games :)

More
01 Apr 2005 20:25 #667 by happiest_in_shadows
Replied by happiest_in_shadows on topic About Lara
Lara depends purely on guns and some athletic skill she doesn't really fit the idea of a super fem. At least I don't feel she does, as she doesn't really have any special abilities.

And please don't recommend anything that doesn't have any fighting at all. Since there is no way that could be a super fem.

Really if the girl can't at least lift herself with a single arm, nock an enemy several feet with one hit or have some special destructive power, don't mention her. I will probably delete any threads that mention a character that doesn’t at least have one of the above traits. Unless one of the higher up mods feels, I should leave them.

Still, thanks for the contribution just try and make sure they fit at least a few of the aspects of a super fem or at least a very physically capable lady.

Now another powerful lady.

Rose - Legend of Dragoon - Playstation - Rose is one of the Dragoons in the game which meants she has a crystal that can create a very powerful suit of armor and weapons for her. She is generally a very tough lady and is most assuredly a melee fighter. They have a few nice moments such as her holding a guy up by his throat while he is in full armor. Sadly she is consumed in black fire ( her aura ) at the moment so you miss out.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
05 Apr 2005 03:40 #687 by happiest_in_shadows
Replied by happiest_in_shadows on topic Re: A few of the ladies.
Vampire Bloodlines - PC - Now this is purely up to, that is why I didn't give a name. Anyway Clan Brujah has the potence discpline which can give a vampire super human strength. You can max out the characters natural strength and this skill and get it to a level far exceeding humans. It is pretty neat as you can easily nock regular enemies clear across the room if your hand to hand skill is any good. It is even more fun if you use celerity to increase your speed and send a entire group flying before they can even fire a shot off.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
06 Apr 2005 04:44 #712 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: A few of the ladies.
City of Heroes, quite a few.

There are plenty of Invulnerability/Super Strength female characters in the game. There are also some female NPC's who, while you don't get to see them in action, you have to face evil, alternate dimension counterparts, and they are extremely rough.

So, props to the female members of the Freedom Phalanx and their evil Praetorian counterparts:

Ms. Liberty and Dominatrix
Mynx and Bobcat
Luminary and Nightstar
Valkyrie and Battle Maiden
Sister Psyche and Mother Mayhem
Numina and Diabolique

Not all of them are classical superwomen, but all are superhuman women, and the game as a whole is just a treat for any comic fan, whether specifically geared to superwomen or not.

More
08 Aug 2005 15:10 #2020 by Antlion
Replied by Antlion on topic Re: A few of the ladies.
This thread is a couple of months old, so sorry if I'm late. Here's my 2 cents on superwoman in games. :)

First off, I gotta agree with the few people here, Lara is by far not a super-fem. Take away her guns and what else does she have? Anyway...

Amongst the ones named. Fighting Games typically have the most powerful female chars, unfortunately most people don’t see there true potential unless you see them being used at 'High Level' play.

Tougeki is a world-wide tournament held in Japan yearly, thousands entire the tournament world wide, and only one winner or team becomes victor. Many of the chars won with are female chars. The list at the bottom are just a minuscule to what’s out there.

SF3 3rd Strike:

Chun Li: Ranked as "Top tier" along with Yun and Ken. Chun/Yun/Ken players tends to win 3S tournaments the most, I don’t think there has ever been a 3rd Strike char won other then the characters named above, especially chun. Chun is renowned for her extreme damage with a single hit in 3S

Guilty Gear XX

Milla Rage: Another character ranked as top tier in Japan. By far the most annoying character to face. Seasoned Milla players are beyond one of the most frustrating players to face. More then half of tournaments won in Japan XX Nationals are won with this character. Her raw speed is something out of a DBZ anime episode. She is definitely a character to see in action for people that love the super-speed kind of thing. Unfortunately she was later nerfed when an upgrade to GGXX came out. :(

Street Fighter Alpha 3

V-Sakura: Seasoned V-Sakura players do 60% dmg on AA on a single hit. Her standing RH kicks can do almost 25% of mind bogging guard break damage per hit, she has the most annoying cross-up games, and her zoning abilities are one of the best in the game. Most Japanese consider V-Sakura the best character in the game while others consider her second best.

V-Karin: Though only an average character at best, she makes up for it with an infinite found in the game with her. PRO Karin players will take you out with a single hit regardless how much life you have, even if you have full life thanks to her 1 hit infinite. Karin is even able to perform the infinite after a knock-down. It’s an automatic win for you as well as pissing the other person off. lol

Capcom vs SNK 2

A-Sakura: Compared to her Alpha 3 counterpart, she is just a mere shadow of herself when compared with this game. They nerfed just about everything on her. However, she still reminds as one of the best characters to use in CvS2 thanks to a bug in the game and A-Groove. A bug called the roll-cancel allows her to do constant HR kicks with no recover at all. She also has the most feared custom in the game where she can do 100% on guard meter damage PLUS 25% health damage. If a successful custom is hit on the first hit, she can net in 60+ damage on a single custom.

Virtua Fighter 4:

Aoi: I don’t think I have ever seen a character with so many parries and reversals in a game before. Aoi from VF4 has every reversal that Akira has plus more. She is able to Parry AND reverse every move in the game. She has a reversal or parry for every given situation for high, mid, low attacks, even when her back is turned or when she is flat on her back. A simple proof of her pure domination is a player named Ohnuki from Japan. A VF4 Japan vs Korea team based tournament was held awhile back in Korea’s turf. A single Japanese player by the name of Nuki simply devastated the entire Korean team by just reversing all there moves with Aoi.

Tekken 5:

Nina: A character with a boat load of bone-crushing moves, links and reversals. I don’t know to much about Nina from Tekken 5 as I have never played the game. But from reading up on forums and tier watching, she is already dominating the tournament scenes. Her and a few other characters like Steve Fox will be getting nerfed on Tekken 5.1

Also, I just want to say in advance to please bear in mind that most of what I’ve said just simply can not be done right away. These people have been playing for years. Or infact, most of there lives. Best way to see these things in action is by watching them go at it.

Think I’ll stop right here, btw… just incase if anyone is interested, in Vegas an international tournament is being held for all comers. Some of the best players from around the world (especially ones from Japan) will be attending Evolution. Click the following link to find out more about it.

www.shoryuken.com

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds