Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Ubergirl RPGs?

27 Jun 2006 04:57 #5976 by taliesan
Ubergirl RPGs? was created by taliesan
This seemed like the best location for this topic.

Anyone play any table-top or on-line RPGs that focus on Ubergirls? Or even games where they play an Ubergirl. I'm not talking about City of Heroes (which I do play from time to time), but old-school pen&paper games like Champions or text-based on-line RPGs like chat, IRC, or MUD/MUX/MUCK's. I love CoH, but when you face the same missions and challenges everyone else does, it looses the plot crafting of the old-style RPGs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• taliesan
  • taliesan's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Jun 2006 19:10 #5998 by Risatara
Replied by Risatara on topic Re: Ubergirl RPGs?
Im not sure if this is what you mean, but there once was a completely freestyle RP focused primarily on Supergirls on ChatFirst (irc.chatfirst.com) in the chatroom #detrin-city, but noone was there in the last time... Im not sure, if theres another room, anywhere where something like that takes place, but Id be willing to participate..

More
29 Jun 2006 08:41 #6030 by taliesan
Replied by taliesan on topic Re: Ubergirl RPGs?
IRC is one way of doing it. I haven't found any that focus on superheroines outside of the usual bondage style games.

For those who don't know, MUD/MUCK/MUX are text based on-line games where the world is made of described rooms that players go into and interact in. For example, I play in a Marvel themed game and the 'game grid' has room descriptions for the major sections of Manhattan and full descriptions for sites like Avengers Mansion and the X-Mansion. More detailed than IRC games, IMHO.

There are also chat-based programs that let you play pen&paper RPGs online with friends across the globe. WebRPG and OpenRPG are the two free ones that I know of.

If anyone is interested in maybe playing or starting a superheroine-themed game, I would be in. Heck, I might even be convinced to GM

• taliesan
More
03 Jul 2006 07:00 #6075 by ronaldk91335
Replied by ronaldk91335 on topic Superbabes
How about Superbabes: The Fem Force RPG. In case you are not familar with it, Fem Force is the superheroine team comic published by AC Comics. AC Comics publishes several different genres, such as superheroes (mainly superheroines, because the company was originally a good girl art publisher), westerns, some old comics from the 1940s, etc. As I recall, the game was put out by a company called tricity (or something like that), but the short search I did on the internet refers to something called Selex as the publisher. I used to see a lot of supplements for the game on ebay, but those have been greatly reduced in number lately. The boxed set rulebook was hard to find on ebay.

More
03 Jul 2006 11:56 #6077 by taliesan
You can find the boxed set and suppliments on used RPG sites like Titan Games or Noble Knight games sometimes, too.

The system used is secondary. I was more interested in the methood of how members here, or even if members here, play RPG's focusing on superwomen online.

• taliesan
More
03 Jul 2006 13:08 #6078 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: Ubergirl RPGs?
You might want to look into a game system called Champions. It does not focus on ubergirls in general, but it is so open-ended that you can easily focus on them. I actually used Champions to help design the characters in my stories. Their system offers a good way to build up capabilities and limitations.

Alexa

You can find the boxed set and suppliments on used RPG sites like Titan Games or Noble Knight games sometimes, too.

The system used is secondary. I was more interested in the methood of how members here, or even if members here, play RPG's focusing on superwomen online.

More
05 Jul 2006 02:37 #6102 by taliesan
Yup :) I know and love Champions. I have about 75% of the 5th edition books, several of the 4th edition and a few 3rd edition.

I have a huge RPG collection, dating back to the Original D&D 'blue box'. A big chunk of it is superhero games. Currently, I have:

Champions
TSR's Marvel Superheroes
Mayfair Games' DC Heroes and Underground (modified DCH system)
White Wolf Studio's Abberant
Pulsar Game's Blood of Heroes (Updated Mayfair DCH system)

And yes, I have run all these games and others :)

• taliesan
More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds