Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Superman Returns Rework

07 Nov 2006 15:39 #7284 by WhitePaw
Superman Returns Rework was created by WhitePaw
I see EA Games is coming out with a Superman Returns licensed game for the X-Box 360. From what I've heard (that last full-page add in Ms Marvel #4) they're going through quite some trouble to tweak the physics engine up to somewhat Kryptonian standards and they've a rather large fully destructable environment going. Only a matter of compiler retargeting before they release it on the PC (we all know the X-Box series is after all nothing but a stripped-down PC running a dopey version of Windows).

So...when does the modding from this crew begin? New mesh or three (would love to see a few tights-tearing flex sequences, don't forget both the bouncy parts), buncha skins ('covering' all the classic outfits and a few of our own), perhaps a new voice actress...might actually become a decent game in this genre :)

Sound simple 'nough? 99% of the development: physics engine, destructable environment, a few baddies to smother, etc-- they've already done.

Hack on.
-Paw.[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WhitePaw
  • WhitePaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2006 01:57 #7651 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: Superman Returns Rework

I see EA Games is coming out with a Superman Returns licensed game for the X-Box 360. From what I've heard (that last full-page add in Ms Marvel #4) they're going through quite some trouble to tweak the physics engine up to somewhat Kryptonian standards and they've a rather large fully destructable environment going. Only a matter of compiler retargeting before they release it on the PC (we all know the X-Box series is after all nothing but a stripped-down PC running a dopey version of Windows).

So...when does the modding from this crew begin? New mesh or three (would love to see a few tights-tearing flex sequences, don't forget both the bouncy parts), buncha skins ('covering' all the classic outfits and a few of our own), perhaps a new voice actress...might actually become a decent game in this genre :)

Sound simple 'nough? 99% of the development: physics engine, destructable environment, a few baddies to smother, etc-- they've already done.

Hack on.
-Paw.[/url]

I saw Superman Returns on G4's "Cheat" show the other day. One of the minigames has you playing Bizarro destroying the city, because he thinks it's the only way to save it(gotta love inverted logic) Maybe the 'Supergirl mod' could include a minigame of a Bizarro Supergirl(super sexy in looks and a sensual way of carrying herself, but a complete bubblehead in addition to her Bizarro logic base) killing people because of that same rationale? She could kill the bystanders with her fists and feet, hitting them with cars and light poles, smothering them in her super tits, squeeze them to death with her long legs, and depending on the modder, maybe even more sexual methods of termination that only an ubergirl can pull off.

More
17 Dec 2006 08:09 #7656 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: Superman Returns Rework
Well there ya go. All you need is a mesh/skin swap-out in the Bizarro mode and you're pretty far along, start adding keyframes for the more interesting ways to kill people from there and you're golden.

-Paw.

• WhitePaw
  • WhitePaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 May 2007 06:20 #9276 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Superman Returns Rework
Has anyone actually picked up this game? It got some REALLY bad reviews and I've seen nothing about a reskin for SG etc.

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds