Amount

What are you reading?

22 Mar 2006 23:19 #5008 by Grayface
What are you reading? was created by Grayface
I'm reading Judas Unchained, it's the second part of two Pandora's Star being the first, of a big hard science fiction universe. quite an awesone read sofar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grayface
  • Grayface's Avatar Topic Author
More
24 Mar 2006 15:02 #5031 by kaorg
Replied by kaorg on topic Re: What are you reading?
Cool. I recently finished 4 Dan Brown books and the Malleorian by David Eddings. A friend of mine has now got me started on a new series but haven't had a lot of chance to bite into it as yet due to work, I'll post back if I find it really good so you guys can check it out if you want.

More
31 Mar 2006 21:18 #5091 by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
Replied by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee on topic Re: What are you reading?
I'm reading Messerschmitts Over Sicily by Johannes Steinhoff and from the Time-Life series of World War 2 books that I ordered off of eBay I'm reading Across The Rhine by Franklin M. Davis Jr.. I also finished Luftwaffe Aces by Franz Kurowski. My favorite chapter in Kurowski's book was the second to last one where he wrote about night-fighter ace Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer. And in Davis' book, I'm surprised to hear that the amiable Lieutenant General Omar Bradley had a tantrum due to Allied High Command wanting to send some of his troops to Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery.

• mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
More
31 Mar 2006 23:56 #5095 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: What are you reading?
The closest thing to non fiction that I can remember reading, I have a bad memory, is Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe searies man what awesome books thers about 18+2 short stories from start to finish. The first book starts in 1799 and the last book ends in 1820. Thay are grate historical fiction most of the action is set during the napoleonic wars. I read them from april to november of last year, and I plan to re read them at some point. also how i found out about the books was from the t.v. serise from the bbc 14 of them if i'm remembering right. I gotta say this the movies* differ ever so slightly from the books, as you can imagin the book are a lot darker, and savag.

*I am not saying the movies are bad and I don't want to start/turn this to a moves vs books thread. I watched all 14 t.v. movies and enjoyed them all and that is how i found out about the books

I also plan to read more of Bernard Cornwell's book but my reading time is just so packed :? .

• Grayface
  • Grayface's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds