Amount

A suggestion about the 1-5 rating system.

07 Mar 2015 15:35 #40849 by Grayface
First off let me say Fats and lfan, I absolutely love SWM and totally appreciate all the time and work you put into the site.

This is about the 1-5 ratings on the stories in the library, it’s something that's been on my mind for a long long time. I honestly don’t like them and think they should go away. If someone wants to leave a comment good or bad I welcome that more that a random “1” with no point of reference to learn from.

It’s a lot easier to be a dick anonymously, and if someone honestly thinks a story is shit I’d like it if they had to explain themselves, even if they just said “your story suxs.” I or anyone else that has contributed to the library would at least know what ratings were doled out and by who. And yes I understand someone who really wanted to could just make a new account or something. Thats why I think the ratings should just go away.

If the 1-5 is to say I’d like it if it was tied to your name like how comments are, I think that would be fairer the it is cirrently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grayface
  • Grayface's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2015 18:07 #40853 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A suggestion about the 1-5 rating system.
If I remember right before the software upgrade of last December the rating system was disabled for similar reasons.

I agree with Grayface that it was a good thing. It's way too easy for the authors to become fixated with those little dots and rate their narrative solely on that, rather than the actual quality of their work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Mar 2015 03:18 #40858 by fats
it was disabled in the older version of the site, it was re-enabled when we moved to the new version of the site, it has now been disabled.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Mar 2015 03:30 #40859 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic A suggestion about the 1-5 rating system.

fats wrote: it was disabled in the older version of the site, it was re-enabled when we moved to the new version of the site, it has now been disabled.

Fats

It's like a roller coaster.

- GeekSeven

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds