Amount

Collecting bits of AK

21 Aug 2015 21:08 #43812 by Woodclaw
Collecting bits of AK was created by Woodclaw
Hi guys,
given the recent activity on JulieVelor's thread I decided to try and collect as many complete stories as possible for a potential massive reupload here. By complete I mean full stories with as many of the pictures as possible. I considered the pictures to be an integral part of AK's style and I think many of those stories would look a bit empty without the pictures.

Please guys, this is a great chance to bring back a piece of ubergirl history and I wouldn't like to pass on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, kshoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Aug 2015 00:23 #43816 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Collecting bits of AK

Woodclaw wrote: Hi guys,
given the recent activity on JulieVelor's thread I decided to try and collect as many complete stories as possible for a potential massive reupload here. By complete I mean full stories with as many of the pictures as possible. I considered the pictures to be an integral part of AK's style and I think many of those stories would look a bit empty without the pictures.

Please guys, this is a great chance to bring back a piece of ubergirl history and I wouldn't like to pass on it.

Turns out I have the first 13 parts of the Julie story, file dates from February, 1998, on my computer. I'll attach the first two RTF files here. Is this something you already have or is this "early lost AK"?

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Aug 2015 08:19 #43819 by kshoo
Replied by kshoo on topic Collecting bits of AK
Woodclaw, Shadar, I think i have a fairly complete collection on my hand currently. Can either of you PM me your email address? I'll send it to you so that you can publish it here.

More
22 Aug 2015 10:26 #43820 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Collecting bits of AK
send me that link as well.

my e3mail is fatmanmedia@yahoo.co.uk

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Aug 2015 10:37 #43821 by kshoo
Replied by kshoo on topic Collecting bits of AK
No problem. Not sure if it's perfectly complete, but I suppose every bit helps.

More
22 Aug 2015 17:21 #43827 by shadar

kshoo wrote: No problem. Not sure if it's perfectly complete, but I suppose every bit helps.

I just looked at the archive, and it appears to be incredibly complete, both text and all images. Thank you so much. There is stuff here that I don't remember, and I always read AK's stuff.

On a side note, I had recently found the original 13 episodes of his first story, Julie Velor, given those were hosted on the AU back in the day, before he got his own site. But this archive has like 31 episodes of that story, along with images and updated text. He didn't use images in his stories in 1998 when he was featured on my site. But I see he's improved on those early verions of those stories in this archive.

So now I guess AK's writing will live on and be enjoyed by people who didn't read them back in the day, or want to revisit that time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kshoo

• shadar
More
23 Aug 2015 02:27 #43830 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Collecting bits of AK
OK, i've recived a ton of material from various people and i would like to thank them for the stuff.

Here is where it gets difficult, the admins need to have a chat and see how we do this, there is a lot of options available to us, and there is a lot of things that need to be considered, so it going to take time to work out how we do this. From a technical stand point it's easy it just a case of time.

Once the admins have met I'll let people know how we are going to do this.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, kshoo

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Aug 2015 06:05 #43852 by marcoasalazarm3
Replied by marcoasalazarm3 on topic Collecting bits of AK
Know this may be a bad place to ask, but d'you think you have any of the "Linith and Fare" stories?

More
24 Aug 2015 13:19 #43856 by shadar

marcoasalazarm3 wrote: Know this may be a bad place to ask, but d'you think you have any of the "Linith and Fare" stories?

They were written by AlternateHistories, who is still active and I believe working on new stories. Not sure if his old site is still running. Brantley would be the expert here. Hopefully he'll weigh in.

Shadar

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds