Amount

Kneel before Roz

29 Jul 2018 01:11 - 29 Jul 2018 06:32 #60405 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Kneel before Roz
The next part should be up in the library today. In the meantime, it's been posted on DA. Thanks to everyone who took the time to let me know they enjoyed the first two parts. More to come.

(Edit: I submitted the story...it should show up in the library soon but looks like it might be delayed a little)

www.deviantart.com/dru1076/art/KBR3-Special-Agent-Roz-756768619
Last edit: 29 Jul 2018 06:32 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, steelknight3000, ChaozCloud, SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dru1076
  • Dru1076's Avatar Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2018 01:19 #60406 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Kneel before Roz
Dru....thanks so much for all the wonderful SuperChick stories you share. Such treasures. And Roz is such a dream!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, RD

More
29 Jul 2018 10:17 - 29 Jul 2018 10:20 #60408 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Kneel before Roz

Dru1076 wrote: The next part should be up in the library today. In the meantime, it's been posted on DA. Thanks to everyone who took the time to let me know they enjoyed the first two parts. More to come.

(Edit: I submitted the story...it should show up in the library soon but looks like it might be delayed a little)

www.deviantart.com/dru1076/art/KBR3-Special-Agent-Roz-756768619

I'm really sorry, I set the timer for publication to the 01:00 PM CET, instead of the 01:00 AM CET. This shows what happens when you try to pull a double shift at work. 
Last edit: 29 Jul 2018 10:20 by Woodclaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

More
29 Jul 2018 11:46 #60412 by WLG
Replied by WLG on topic Kneel before Roz
I do agree that we could do without the homophobic slurs, though. 

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Jul 2018 03:02 #60422 by Dru1076

WLG wrote: I do agree that we could do without the homophobic slurs, though. 

I guess we could do without the entire story really. I fear I am greatly lowering the standards of fine superwomen fiction in here.

But be honest...you werent expecting Tolstoy, were you?

• Dru1076
More
30 Jul 2018 04:41 #60423 by SCOTT R
I'm gonna cry if Roz goes away.

More
30 Jul 2018 04:45 #60424 by SCOTT R
I hate beets. That's why I don't eat them.

More
30 Jul 2018 07:09 #60426 by Dru1076

SCOTT R wrote: I'm gonna cry if Roz goes away.

Never fear, mate. At this point Roz is unstoppable. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

• Dru1076
More
30 Jul 2018 08:53 #60427 by WLG

Dru1076 wrote:

I guess we could do without the entire story really. I fear I am greatly lowering the standards of fine superwomen fiction in here.

i

It would be tragic if you took them down because I mostly love them.. I just flinch a little at homophobic slurs (and terms like "fag" are just that whereas "pussy" isn't so there's scope for re-editing) as.i would if, for example, someone used the N word. 

Apologies, Dru, I know you were only gong for a bit of realism and I absolutely believe that you had no intention of being discriminatory but that's just the way I see it. 

That said, I am massively getting off on the stories!

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Jul 2018 09:03 #60428 by Woodclaw

WLG wrote:

Dru1076 wrote:

i

It would be tragic if you took them down because I mostly love them.. I just flinch a little at homophobic slurs (and terms like "fag" are just that whereas "pussy" isn't so there's scope for re-editing) as.i would if, for example, someone used the N word. 

Apologies, Dru, I know you were only gong for a bit of realism and I absolutely believe that you had no intention of being discriminatory but that's just the way I see it. 

Although I'm not too fond of the theme I think this is one of those rare cases where those slurs makes sense. Roz is a character that is meant to be as obnoxious and exacrable as humanly possible. It makes perfect sense that she uses this kind of slurs, simply because she already considered herself somewhat "superior" before and now her powers simply cemented this idea.

At least that's how I read her.  

More
31 Jul 2018 03:41 - 31 Jul 2018 14:54 #60435 by Dru1076

Woodclaw wrote:

WLG wrote:

Dru1076 wrote:

i

Although I'm not too fond of the theme I think this is one of those rare cases where those slurs makes sense. Roz is a character that is meant to be as obnoxious and exacrable as humanly possible. It makes perfect sense that she uses this kind of slurs, simply because she already considered herself somewhat "superior" before and now her powers simply cemented this idea.

At least that's how I read her.  

You hit the nail on the head, really. That's really the whole point, and in the context spoken by this character it functions brilliantly. TBH...This is the last thing I expected to get negative feedback about. I have reluctantly decided to remove the term in future installments despite the fact that the replacement feels like pulling the punch a little.  I'm also editing out some of the next chapter to make it more palatable.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2018 14:54 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000

• Dru1076
More
31 Jul 2018 12:46 #60438 by mcinvictus
Replied by mcinvictus on topic Kneel before Roz
I find it a little worrying that you are editing your work as a coupe of people were offended by a gay slur from a woman who brutally murders people simply for her own amusement.  Mass murder isn't offensive but being homophobic is??

Sadly, homophobia exists in the real world, as does racism, sexism and i'm sure many other isms.  Should we just pretend otherwise?? 

Despite the fact these types of stories are completely fantastical, they often only work because they are set in the real world.  I don't think pretending the real world is a nicer place than it is is helpful for anyone.  If we ignored characters (real or fictional) because we didn't agree with their world view, there would be very little to read about and very little worth reading.

Just my 2 cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jumperprime, Sarge395, SCOTT R, Starforge

More
31 Jul 2018 19:02 #60442 by WLG
, It's not a gay slur, it's a homophobic slur. That's the problem. I am not offended by the words I just consider them to be oppressive language. I am  British so I use the F Word and the C word profusely but I draw the line at oppressive language, be itracist or homophobic. 

I realise that words such as fag are relatively acceptable in USA but I live in London which is a very progressive, multicultural and gay friendly city so language like that is very alien to me. 

I mean, would it be okay for Roz to use the N word? 

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Jul 2018 20:51 #60445 by Woodclaw

WLG wrote: , It's not a gay slur, it's a homophobic slur. That's the problem. I am not offended by the words I just consider them to be oppressive language. I am  British so I use the F Word and the C word profusely but I draw the line at oppressive language, be itracist or homophobic. 

I realise that words such as fag are relatively acceptable in USA but I live in London which is a very progressive, multicultural and gay friendly city so language like that is very alien to me. 

The entire point is exactly the fact that this language is not okay at all. Roz is not meant to be a sympathetic character, she's meant to be someone that the reader either fear or despise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jumperprime, SCOTT R

More
01 Aug 2018 03:50 - 01 Aug 2018 03:51 #60453 by Dru1076

Woodclaw wrote:

WLG wrote: , It's not a gay slur, it's a homophobic slur. That's the problem. I am not offended by the words I just consider them to be oppressive language. I am  British so I use the F Word and the C word profusely but I draw the line at oppressive language, be itracist or homophobic. 

The entire point is exactly the fact that this language is not okay at all. Roz is not meant to be a sympathetic character, she's meant to be someone that the reader either fear or despise.

This gets right to the point I made when i first responded to this concern. Roz is a villain. She isn't a hero by any stretch.

My decision to cave in on this issue is simply based on the fact l don't want to fight over something so trivial. Roz has MANY faults, but she isn't a homophobe.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2018 03:51 by Dru1076.

• Dru1076
More
01 Aug 2018 07:05 #60454 by WLG
You are both missing my point. This is not about the attitudes or character flaws of a character in a story. It is about the use of terminology which contributes to the discrimination against, and oppression of, a body of people. 

Just as it was with the N word in Alabama in the sixties, so it is with terminology like "fag" right now. 

And I'm sorry but if she's using homophobic slurs then she is homophobic. 

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Aug 2018 09:59 #60456 by Woodclaw

WLG wrote: You are both missing my point. This is not about the attitudes or character flaws of a character in a story. It is about the use of terminology which contributes to the discrimination against, and oppression of, a body of people. 

Just as it was with the N word in Alabama in the sixties, so it is with terminology like "fag" right now. 

And I'm sorry but if she's using homophobic slurs then she is homophobic. 

Okay, I can see that.

More
01 Aug 2018 11:50 #60458 by Dru1076
I am not a homophobe. But...if I used that terrible slur then I guess I must be... Damn. I swear to god I didnt know. 

I am not sure how I feel about being homophobic. Of all the things I would learn about myself through the creative process this is most surprising. They say you learn something everyday, and they're bloody right.

• Dru1076
More
01 Aug 2018 13:50 #60460 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Kneel before Roz
I love the passion that's been displayed in this thread but I must remind everyone that we are talking about a story, not anything else and I would also remind everyone that while we as a group may not like what has been said in the stories the idea of freedom of expression is a fundamental right that I hope all users will respect.  Do I think that Dru is a homophobe - NO, what I do think is that Dru likes to push the boundaries of what is and what should not be in a story and I hope that Dru continues to push those boundaries with Kneel before Roz and that other author's do the same.

Fats 
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000, Dru1076, kshoo, SCOTT R

More
01 Aug 2018 14:04 #60461 by Woodclaw

Dru1076 wrote: I am not a homophobe. But...if I used that terrible slur then I guess I must be... Damn. I swear to god I didnt know. 

I am not sure how I feel about being homophobic. Of all the things I would learn about myself through the creative process this is most surprising. They say you learn something everyday, and they're bloody right.

I don't think you are, an author is not his characters, in fact many authors are often forced to write characters that they hate and loath because the story demands it.

As far as I can tell you decided to use that slurs because they are terrible things to say and that was kind of the point of the character. I'm not saying that it's okay, just than it wasn't intentional.

More
02 Aug 2018 00:39 #60470 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Kneel before Roz
Yes, nobody is accusing anyone. Let's put this issue to bed and focus on the story and Roz and watch her god muscles crush, smash, stomp, and vaporize stuff out of existence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jumperprime, SHTL, Dru1076, fats, SCOTT R, RD

More
03 Aug 2018 00:30 #60485 by WLG
 Absolutely! Roz is just incredible to me! I love these stories so much. She is just the hottest thing ever.  I am so getting off on her amazingness. 

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Aug 2018 06:11 - 03 Aug 2018 07:08 #60490 by Dru1076
I uploaded everything and gave it to Woodclaw. Five more chapters will go up over the next five weekends.

Theres a full month of Roz on its way that nothing can stop. I am a little more anxious now about how the next chapter will be recieved...probably unjustifiably... but with the bit I cut out its still a pretty long chapter.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2018 07:08 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000, Raa, Kamelmann, ChaozCloud, SCOTT R, jnw550, RD

• Dru1076
More
03 Aug 2018 08:06 #60491 by SCOTT R
Dru....

You are the coolest!

More
09 Aug 2018 01:25 #60600 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Kneel before Roz
Great part 4, love the force she exerts just by flexing. Also loving the parts where we hear about her heartbeat and the sound of her muscles flexing. A+

Bonus points for including one of my favorite strength feats, Roz destroying the floor and shaking the world with her footsteps.

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds