Amount

URGENT: Black or White

14 Feb 2013 00:10 #30387 by fats
URGENT: Black or White was created by fats
hi all,

Over the last week I’ve been messing around with the colours of the site, sorry if some of the colours have not been up to people's preference, but I’ve been trying to find the right colours for the site. Now i challenge you to find the colours.

My original plan was to have a white background sit and a dark background site, but due to limits on hosting that's now not possible, so what I’m looking from you the members is the decision on what background the site should have and what colours and fonts we should use.

This is unique opportunity for you the members to choose the colours and fonts of the site.

I was going to have a poll here but i feel it's better for people to post their reply’s to the thread and we will see what consensus we can generate.

So tell me what you want and lets make the site a little more colourful.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Feb 2013 00:50 #30388 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic URGENT: Black or White
I actually liked the more greenish version before the change, but maybe that was just because I was used to it.. the blue design right now seems to be more overall consistent, but also a bit dull.
While I think a darker/gray backgroundis good for viewing pictures (especially the nsfw ones), I prefer a more white-ish background when it comes to reading text. So, while we are having embedded images on this forum, I still think that we shouldn't have a dark background here.
The fonts are fine as they are (at least concerning text posts, maybe the bold headlines in the blue title bars could be...different). Fancy-pancy designer fonts may look nice, but the focus should be on readability and using fonts that people are used to. Even if you look at famous well-designed blogs, you most certainly won't find more than 3-5 different fonts.

More
14 Feb 2013 03:51 #30389 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic URGENT: Black or White
I certainly prefer a white background.

I also liked the baby blueish background behind the news feed updates on the front page from a day or two ago.

More
14 Feb 2013 04:00 #30390 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic URGENT: Black or White
Also liked the baby-bluish background...

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
14 Feb 2013 08:00 #30393 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic URGENT: Black or White
As I said in chat I prefer light colored backgrounds (either white or baby blue works for me) with dark text to make it more readable. I don't know if it's common problem but, after a while, reading light colored text on a dark background makes my eyes very sore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Random321

More
14 Feb 2013 11:27 #30395 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic URGENT: Black or White
A splash of color never hurts, makes the page seem less generic. I also prefer the colorful comic panels in the headline banner.

More
15 Feb 2013 13:52 #30417 by fats
Replied by fats on topic URGENT: Black or White
i'm suprised that the sky blue is such a hit i remember in my web design class that it was concidered a no no to have a coloured background, black or white where the only acceptiable colours, i'll put in to place the baby blue background with a dark blue text over the weekend.

if there is no other suggestions expect it in place on sonday.

Fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds