Amount

Forum ranks and forums

05 Aug 2013 01:57 #32567 by fats
Forum ranks and forums was created by fats
Hi all,

I've had an idea that's been bounding around my brain for some time, at the moment the forum has a rank system based on the number of posts, but I can add extra ranks for different things, and what I was thinking was the idea of having ranks for say writers and proofreaders, it would be a quick way to see on the forum who's who. Is there any other ranks that people feel the need to see, maybe illustrators might be one.

There is also the idea of using different rank images as the ones used at the moment are the default ones. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what we can do with the ranks.

What about the forums, do you want to see a forum for example where people can post unfinished material for comment or review, or maybe a forum for dedicated discussions for things in languages other than English.

Lots to think about and pass comment on.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camille Jones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Aug 2013 03:09 #32569 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Forum ranks and forums
The idea of more ranks appeals to me...I'd love to move on from 'junior'...oh well, one day....

I like the idea of somewhere to put unfinished works, or works that the author is stumped on. This could be a really good way to get useful input, and get some projects to publication that would not otherwise see the light of day.

More
06 Aug 2013 12:50 #32588 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Forum ranks and forums
Rather than ranks I think that adding "skill badges" might be useful. Some people here perform multiple duties (author-proofreader being the most common). I think it would be better to recognize all of these contribution.

As for the "in progress" section I think that we might retool the Aspiring Author section.

More
07 Aug 2013 04:12 #32592 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Forum ranks and forums
I had this idea in relationship to the long story contest but its a good one.

A way for stories to only be acessable from a forum post-that way you can submit rough drafts and only people looking at the forums-and not th main site can see em.

Castor

More
07 Aug 2013 13:01 #32601 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Forum ranks and forums

castor wrote: I had this idea in relationship to the long story contest but its a good one.

A way for stories to only be acessable from a forum post-that way you can submit rough drafts and only people looking at the forums-and not th main site can see em.

Castor

ok, this is an easy one to do, what I can do is setup a new category that i'll call "for review" it will be auto published and what i need to do is see if i can have the site email or pm the writer of the item the link to the item, the also might be a way to have it appear in your site profile in a new tab at the bottom of the profile page, i'll have something up and running later on today.

fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Aug 2013 13:52 #32602 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Forum ranks and forums
I am pretty sure there is alreadyna state In Review for stories. It's just not in use yet

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds