Amount

My Favorites and Search

24 Aug 2016 22:11 #49826 by fats
My Favorites and Search was created by fats
Hi all,

As part of the work that I'm now doing to the library, I've added a new menu item to the library, it's called "My Favorite Stories" it will display all your stories that you have favourited, the list is not that tidy at the moment but that will get sorted. The next thing I've added is a search tab to the story tab set, it's based on search terms so if you type "army" it will show you all stories with the word army, it's a little basic but will get some more work done on it over the week.

The classic sort by pages will be coming back once I've worked out why they didn't work, there might be some changes needed to be made to get them working but I've added that to my todo list.

The whole library is going to get a redesign, not in the way the stories are organised or sorted but in a way that makes them fit with the site design that will take come work but should be finished in a few weeks.

Tell me what you think of these changes.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Raa, Dru1076, TwiceOnThursdays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Aug 2016 00:13 #49830 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic My Favorites and Search
This is very timely since someone just mentioned in the "where are people" thread that the stories could be searched better.

Kudos for adding a great feature, and plans to improve it in good ways in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
25 Aug 2016 00:32 #49831 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic My Favorites and Search
Good job fats! Your a one man gang, I hate to think what would happen to this site without you. Keep up the good work
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
25 Aug 2016 07:18 #49843 by njae
Replied by njae on topic My Favorites and Search

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: This is very timely since someone just mentioned in the "where are people" thread that the stories could be searched better.

Unfortunately this Search function was already there in the Library menu, so the tab merely adds another place to use it. Finding stories by a certain author is only possibly if said author mentioned himself within the story, Plus I'm not sure I like the use of so many tabs. They just hide information that were originally visible immediately.

More
25 Aug 2016 16:00 #49851 by fats
Replied by fats on topic My Favorites and Search
To make it simpler I've merged the tag cloud and search bar into one tab, I'm working on a tag cloud made up of authors usernames as well, that's coming on fine will launch it when it's ready.

Fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Aug 2016 16:13 #49861 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic My Favorites and Search
Just wanted to offer my hearty endorsement to anything that can be done to improve the library technology. The stories, to me, are the strongest part of the site. I've tried many times to find all the stories that so-and-so has written, but the sorting technology on the library database always made that difficult. With my own stories, I've found that my penchant for writing long tomes rather than short ones is a blessing in disguise, as it automatically kicks all my stuff into the Series section, which is much more straightforward. But I'd love it if the one-off stories could be accessed more easily. So, yes, anything that can be done in the library gets a big yes vote from me.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds