Amount

Sign to save Young Justice

07 Feb 2013 08:55 #30337 by Woodclaw
Sign to save Young Justice was created by Woodclaw
I know that Young Justice might not be as packed with Ubergirl action as many of us would like, but it's hard to negate that it's one of the best superhero shows in recent memory. Right now Cartoon Network is planning to close the series (alongside Green Lantern) by the end of the current season.

There's a petition on change.org to have them continue production. Please go there and sign to save this amazing show.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Feb 2013 12:00 #30340 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Sign to save Young Justice
First Thundercats and now Young Justice? Why does CN keep doing this to their good shows? Thank god Legend of Korra is on Nickelodeon or it would probably have gotten canceled too.

More
07 Feb 2013 13:24 #30342 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Sign to save Young Justice

ChaozCloud wrote: First Thundercats and now Young Justice? Why does CN keep doing this to their good shows? Thank god Legend of Korra is on Nickelodeon or it would probably have gotten canceled too.

According to some people it's because CN has a rule about not keeping on air any cartoon that they haven't fully control over (like Annoying Orange), unless it makes spectacular ratings and generate major amount of money from secondary markets. Since YJ is produced by the DC Animation Studio -- which is part of Warner Brothers group -- they're pulling the plug.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Feb 2013 13:44 #30344 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Sign to save Young Justice
Cartoon Network is stupid. The only shows on there that my kids and I watch are Green Lantern and Young Justice. Now they are canceling them?

I think it is time that DC Animation finds a new outlet for their shows if CN isn't going to give them a chance.

More
07 Feb 2013 14:29 #30345 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Sign to save Young Justice
Yeah, seems like they've been trying to kill their late-night anime block for years. First they cut it from 5 or 6 nights a week to just one, and most of the current late-night Toonami is reruns of stuff that's been on many times before. Not to mention all the times they took prime-time anime and shifted them to 5:00 AM without any notice

More
10 Feb 2013 01:06 #30366 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Sign to save Young Justice
I hope it survives. Although its true there isn't much ubergirl action.

Although Wondergirl is shown as the strongest member on the team (in theory anyway, in practice Blue Beetle with all his fancy blasters is.) so that counts for something. She just rarely gets anything to do because she's not involved with the two major plot arcs of the season, and she was a late addition thanks to the WW legal issues only being recently resolved.

Although the Legacy game is supposed to be her origin story, but she's not a confirmed PC.

More
11 Feb 2013 15:22 - 11 Feb 2013 15:24 #30374 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Sign to save Young Justice
I've worked with CN in the past, and the bottom line for them is quite simple: action shows generally do not make as much advertising money as comedy shows. If you thought the people making decisions there were fans of (or even knowledgable about) their shows, you have been misled. But there aren't really many other channels to sell/air your cartoon - especially if it's action or anime. There are a LOT of cartoons out there, and not a lot of TV stations willing to show them.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 15:24 by yohashuan.

More
11 Feb 2013 15:36 #30376 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Sign to save Young Justice

yohashuan wrote: I've worked with CN in the past, and the bottom line for them is quite simple: action shows generally do not make as much advertising money as comedy shows. If you thought the people making decisions there were fans of (or even knowledgable about) their shows, you have been misled. But there aren't really many other channels to sell/air your cartoon - especially if it's action or anime. There are a LOT of cartoons out there, and not a lot of TV stations willing to show them.

I've guessed that much. It's a common problem with executives they don't know the material they're working with.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds