Amount

How much of a Dr. Who nerd are you?

23 Nov 2015 17:57 #45324 by fats
Hi all,

Who spotted the Easter egg in the last Dr. who EP ( a real tear jerker), i missed it but did you?

uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/133795373666/am...he-future-easter-egg has it all there.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Nov 2015 18:11 #45326 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic How much of a Dr. Who nerd are you?
I was to busy yelling at the television:
"That's the dumbest plan I ever heard of!!!!"
to notice the writing.

More
23 Nov 2015 20:08 #45329 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic How much of a Dr. Who nerd are you?
I missed it. I'm no longer enough of a Star Wars geek to recognize the writing when I see it.

I wasn't very impressed with this episode. I know Coleman is leaving, and Clara is likely to die. Is this it? I find that i really just don't care. I was bored stiff while she was dying.

I guess there have been too man un-done deaths since Dr. Who came back for me to care about someone dying. I guess i can only care after the story runs so I can figure out if they're really dead. After all, Clara's already "died" at least once this season. Too many times and it doesn't mean anything.

And that's probably the problem with Dr. Who wrapped up there. There no longer feels like there are any stakes in anything. (They're really over-playing the THIS time the Doctor can actually die, despite regeneration)

Still, it's fun to watch. I didn't bother watching until I'd finished Jessica Jones though.

This was a fun geek easter egg though.

More
25 Nov 2015 14:06 #45379 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic How much of a Dr. Who nerd are you?
I wouldnt say I'm the biggest Dr. Who nerd, but I must confess I have not missed an episode of Nu-Who and still have memories of some of the old ones from the eighties (anything before and unless its a rerun, I wont have seen it :P).

I didn't spot that easter egg, though tbh, im not sure HOW ppl spot things like that lol. I was also busy like Markie said, screaming at the screen. And, like others have said, we all knew Coleman was leaving, but that was a fricking lame ass departure (and slightly less effective considering there are probably a bajillion ((yes I counted)) Clara's in the Who Universe, due to her Impossible Girl status).

I don't personally subscribe to a lot of the Clara hate in the Who-verse, but I'm kinda of glad that she has left. Though imo, I would have written an epic two-parter for her exit, considering her relevence to the Doctors life. I mean, in the episode "Listen" from last season, one could argue she MADE The Doctor who he is! This ending for her just felt a bit....flat. I mean, come on, at least have her die at the hands of the Dalaks, Cybermen, or even better, Missy. That would have so much better then dying due to a plan that ANY IDIOT would have know would a) not work or b) at the bare minimum would have some possibility of failure with the payoff for failure being SOOO HIGH that it was not worth the risk at all. Unless you are a moron. Which Clara clearly isn't.

Peace.

/K

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds