Amount

Superman Is The Most Powerful Superhero According To Science

14 Jun 2016 12:36 #48547 by fats
According to an impressive seven-year study published by the University of Leicester, the Man of Steel is the world’s most powerful superhero.

“Seven years of student-led research into superheroes between 2009 - 2016 suggests Superman could be the best-equipped superhero of all,” they reveal, “with a number of abilities including the ‘Super Flare’ attack and possession of high density muscle tissue.”

More Here Link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Jun 2016 16:32 - 14 Jun 2016 16:35 #48553 by shadar
Ah... Duh.

According to the University's website, they are famous for:

"Excellent teaching, world changing research and business innovation."

Yup... and it only took them 7 years of hard work to figure this one out.

Normally I'm not a cynic of academic research, which can (and should) wander strange, untraveled paths, but I'm making an exception for this one.

All hail the genius of Leicester!!!
Last edit: 14 Jun 2016 16:35 by shadar.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
14 Jun 2016 16:51 #48554 by LustMonster
HULK NO LIKE RESEARCH RESULTS. HULK SMASH!!!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
14 Jun 2016 18:17 #48557 by AuGoose
I have to admit my first thought was "If that took you seven years to figure out, you need to be beaten unconscious with a bat. Or sterilized. Possibly both."

More
14 Jun 2016 19:41 #48558 by shadar

AuGoose wrote: I have to admit my first thought was "If that took you seven years to figure out, you need to be beaten unconscious with a bat. Or sterilized. Possibly both."

It was "student driven" research. Probably milking it for credit. Class after class after class. Leadership of the project handed off again and again over those 7 years. Why finally publish? Maybe some Byzantine rule about the length of time a project can be open.

What's really weird is that all kinds of media have picked up the story. And here we are talking about it. Not about the result, which was obvious from day one, but rather the "extensive" research to reach a conclusion.

This kind of stuff happens all the time, but only rarely does it impinge on our little genre.

Shadar

• shadar
More
16 Jun 2016 19:08 #48605 by The Highlander
Given what some of the women that feature on this site are like I'm surprised the response wasn't "what, that whimp?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds