Amount

laser rust removal

04 Sep 2016 01:47 #50051 by slim36
laser rust removal was created by slim36
If a pulsed laser can do this, a well trained and skill person with laser vision could be a real help to anyplace that needs to remove rust.

Could they also inhale all the offensiive smoke and fumes, and later cough some ingots of compressed airborbe dust?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slim36
  • slim36's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Sep 2016 02:00 #50052 by Engineered-Sorcery
Replied by Engineered-Sorcery on topic laser rust removal
A properly trained person could be a help in that way, but it would be difficult for anyone to control even a super power at a sufficient degree of fineness to pulse the laser in a way proper for rust removal. If they did, that would indeed make them quite useful for larger scale de-rusting, such as for buildings, ships, and bridges.

As for inhaling the fumes, they may be able to, but it would likely be more easy to just use an industrial vacuum since you wouldn't have to worry about your laser's face being right up next to the thing they're de-rusting.

More
04 Sep 2016 02:18 - 04 Sep 2016 02:19 #50053 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic laser rust removal
As soon as I saw the news article about this, I knew I'd have to work one of these into my stories somewhere, for my main character to play with (i.e. bathe in its warm glow).
Last edit: 04 Sep 2016 02:19 by LustMonster.

More
04 Sep 2016 20:02 #50067 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic laser rust removal
Many years ago I saw something like this being done by a restorer using a laser to remove paint from a fresco. It was an incredibly precise and slow process, but the results were incredible.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds