Supergirl season 3 106 Days
Amount:

Wonder Woman and Ideology

19 Mar 2017 14:49 #53216 by brantley
brantley created the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
thelibertyzone.us/2017/03/18/open-letter...ction_ref_map=%5B%5D

This starts off as a pure rant about what the author considers a perversion of feminism, but works its way into Wonder Woman.

--Brantley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
19 Mar 2017 17:12 - 19 Mar 2017 17:14 #53219 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

brantley wrote: thelibertyzone.us/2017/03/18/open-letter...ction_ref_map=%5B%5D

This starts off as a pure rant about what the author considers a perversion of feminism, but works its way into Wonder Woman.

--Brantley


I'm not going to comment on the politics of feminism, given that I'm too disconnected from current cultural trends to have an informed opinion, but I enjoyed the first commenter on that blog posting.

The commenter claimed that, of course, Amazons don't have hair on their bodies anywhere but their scalps. By design.

I chuckled because I designed Velorians that way nearly three decades ago. I figured the Galen, who were trying to make the Supremis closer to themselves and further from our hairy ape ancestors, would naturally have made that minor tweak in their DNA. After all, they're invulnerable. Can't shave. Instead, they wind up with a very long and very full head of glorious blonde hair that looks nothing like an ape.

Sort of like this pict from my belated novella that Brantley is going to publish next week:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 19 Mar 2017 17:14 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2017 17:15 #53220 by Woodclaw
Woodclaw replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
I'll keep this very short, while I agree with the general sentiment oof this rant, the author did a wrong move quoting the casus belli of Wonder Woman. Simply put, from my perspective this, frankly ridicolous, armpit issue doesn't deserve any more attention than Tracer being lesbian (for those who play Overwatch) or any other of the many "representation issues" that seem to pop up every day from the bottom of the internet. I'm not so naive to think that representation isn't an issue, but focusing on these detail -- especially on characters that are by their own nature completely fictional (Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Motoko Kusanagi etc.) -- is an exercise in futility.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2017 18:46 - 19 Mar 2017 18:46 #53222 by slim36
slim36 replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
Superhuman bodyhair would likely be very dangerous to any normal. somewhere in between fiberglass and porcupine quills or wire brushes.. Some superhuman hair products might be needed to prevent the "zero g hair" or van de graff generator look.
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2017 18:46 by slim36. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2017 19:45 #53223 by Engineered-Sorcery
Engineered-Sorcery replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

slim36 wrote: Superhuman bodyhair would likely be very dangerous to any normal. somewhere in between fiberglass and porcupine quills or wire brushes.. Some superhuman hair products might be needed to prevent the "zero g hair" or van de graff generator look.


It kinda depends. If properly taken care of (conditioned, cleaned, etc) it could be as soft as silk, just like normal hair. It would likely be hyper-durable though, which would make it effective as a garotte or (if superhuman strength was applied) a leverage for cutting through most harder materials. If the supergirl turned her head quickly though, it'd likely be able to flay anything that comes in contact with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2017 20:21 #53224 by slim36
slim36 replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
our new customer service agent will answer questions

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 08:48 #53232 by AuGoose
AuGoose replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

slim36 wrote: Superhuman bodyhair would likely be very dangerous to any normal. somewhere in between fiberglass and porcupine quills or wire brushes.. Some superhuman hair products might be needed to prevent the "zero g hair" or van de graff generator look.


"You've done it! You've captured Supergirl! But how?"

"We sprayed her down with two-hundred gallons of the special hair-spray she helped us develop for her golden tresses. It's quick-setting and unimaginably tough. The spin-off applications in construction, body armor, and medicine will almost offset the damages inflicted on Metropolis by Kryptonian activities last year."
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 08:52 #53233 by AuGoose
AuGoose replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

Engineered-Sorcery wrote: It kinda depends. If properly taken care of (conditioned, cleaned, etc) it could be as soft as silk, just like normal hair. It would likely be hyper-durable though, which would make it effective as a garotte or (if superhuman strength was applied) a leverage for cutting through most harder materials. If the supergirl turned her head quickly though, it'd likely be able to flay anything that comes in contact with it.


I did a little with that when Ella rockets out of the TV studio in Fifteen Minutes of Fame. There's also a segment in an unpublished second tale of Fiona from How the Little Tub Met Its Fate where she rather distraught at how difficult it is to trim her new ankle-length hair. She's reduced to tearing the ends off in clumps with her hands.

Superhair. Kinda fun, when you think about it :).
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 11:54 #53236 by slim36
slim36 replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
Visitors or tourists could be given samples of the flameproof, insulating superhair. Could make bulletproof superflannel clothing or panels. Velorian/arion industrial products. Would gold have a weakening effect on the hair? Maybe special scissors with just enough gold content? What about gold plated bullets? Would these work like silver bullets on werewolves?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 16:24 - 20 Mar 2017 16:40 #53240 by Engineered-Sorcery
Engineered-Sorcery replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

AuGoose wrote: I did a little with that when Ella rockets out of the TV studio in Fifteen Minutes of Fame. There's also a segment in an unpublished second tale of Fiona from How the Little Tub Met Its Fate where she rather distraught at how difficult it is to trim her new ankle-length hair. She's reduced to tearing the ends off in clumps with her hands.
Superhair. Kinda fun, when you think about it :).


Well, now I'm going to have to read Fifteen Minutes again, aren't I? Super hair is definitely fun, but yet another one of those powers that doesn't get much screen time in its practical (or in Fiona's case impractical) status. I can definitely imagine that hair that's just as super-invulnerable as the rest of a supergirl would be HELL to maintain without specialized equipment and very intent care.

slim36 wrote: Visitors or tourists could be given samples of the flameproof, insulating superhair. Could make bulletproof superflannel clothing or panels. Velorian/arion industrial products. Would gold have a weakening effect on the hair? Maybe special scissors with just enough gold content? What about gold plated bullets? Would these work like silver bullets on werewolves?


Well, I'm not familiar with the Arion/Velorian universe (I really should read more of those stories), but given that their biology is weakened by gold, presumably gold material could cut their hair. Gold will hold an edge with proper sharpening, so a pure gold pair of scissors may be an effective (if expensive) method of hair control. Gold bullets are, again, expensive but effective assuming that it's the presence of gold and not contact with it that weakens them, though I presume anyone worthy of the appelation 'super' would be able to avoid something going only two or three times the speed of sound. I like the idea of tourists receiving samples though, or it becoming an export of ultralight-ultrastrong cable.

EDIT:
Back on the original topic, I have no idea where people find these things... I suppose that if finding crazy is your goal then eventually you'll find crazy, but I have no idea where the people who write these things (on either side honestly) exist in the real world. Really? Armpit hair of all things? I think that the decision to get mad at that of all things is kinda ridiculous, but getting mad ABOUT people getting mad about it is even more ridiculous. It seems like both sides are just trawling to get mad about things in general. Personally, from a stylistic standpoint I prefer hair stay only on the head (as previous people in the thread have said, it serves a bit of a practical purpose for people with superhuman durability as well, but I am shameless in admitting that my preference for it is personal taste as well).
Last Edit: 20 Mar 2017 16:40 by Engineered-Sorcery. Reason: Added a paragraph on my feelings about the original topic, so we don't go TOO off topic without normal comments as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 17:44 #53242 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

Engineered-Sorcery wrote:

AuGoose wrote: I did a little with that when Ella rockets out of the TV studio in Fifteen Minutes of Fame. There's also a segment in an unpublished second tale of Fiona from How the Little Tub Met Its Fate where she rather distraught at how difficult it is to trim her new ankle-length hair. She's reduced to tearing the ends off in clumps with her hands.
Superhair. Kinda fun, when you think about it :).


Well, now I'm going to have to read Fifteen Minutes again, aren't I? Super hair is definitely fun, but yet another one of those powers that doesn't get much screen time in its practical (or in Fiona's case impractical) status. I can definitely imagine that hair that's just as super-invulnerable as the rest of a supergirl would be HELL to maintain without specialized equipment and very intent care.

slim36 wrote: Visitors or tourists could be given samples of the flameproof, insulating superhair. Could make bulletproof superflannel clothing or panels. Velorian/arion industrial products. Would gold have a weakening effect on the hair? Maybe special scissors with just enough gold content? What about gold plated bullets? Would these work like silver bullets on werewolves?


Well, I'm not familiar with the Arion/Velorian universe (I really should read more of those stories), but given that their biology is weakened by gold, presumably gold material could cut their hair. Gold will hold an edge with proper sharpening, so a pure gold pair of scissors may be an effective (if expensive) method of hair control. Gold bullets are, again, expensive but effective assuming that it's the presence of gold and not contact with it that weakens them, though I presume anyone worthy of the appelation 'super' would be able to avoid something going only two or three times the speed of sound. I like the idea of tourists receiving samples though, or it becoming an export of ultralight-ultrastrong cable.

EDIT:
Back on the original topic, I have no idea where people find these things... I suppose that if finding crazy is your goal then eventually you'll find crazy, but I have no idea where the people who write these things (on either side honestly) exist in the real world. Really? Armpit hair of all things? I think that the decision to get mad at that of all things is kinda ridiculous, but getting mad ABOUT people getting mad about it is even more ridiculous. It seems like both sides are just trawling to get mad about things in general. Personally, from a stylistic standpoint I prefer hair stay only on the head (as previous people in the thread have said, it serves a bit of a practical purpose for people with superhuman durability as well, but I am shameless in admitting that my preference for it is personal taste as well).


Gold doesn't work on Homo Sapiens Supremis (Arions and Velorians) like Kryptonite. Its only value is to suppress the function of the thyroid gland which in turn stops Orgone metabolism in their body. Within seconds, the level of Orgone in their bloodstream falls and their powers sink back closer to human. Their invulnerability, however, is only slightly reduced.

The only way to suppress the thyroid is to put a heavy, continuous band around their neck (just below the Adams apple and over the thyroid). Or alternatively, to be very close to a planetary-sized chunk of gold, which is the case at the core of the planets Aria and Velor.

Gold bullets or whatever else don't work, although coating their bodies in gold powder mixed with a quick setting adhesive to hold it in place (from an exploding grenade or whatever) is marginally useful. But that's not enough to stop them, but it makes them dizzy and briefly weaker. Which is why they are very hard to kill. Even if you manage to capture them and place a gold choker on them and lock them into a massive cell, you can't injure them with any weapon made my man. But... dumping them into a cylinder of liquid helium will cool them enough to make them dormant for long term storage.

But even then, if someone were to pull a single long and very fine hair from their heads, and wrap it around diamond-coated mandrels to stretch it tight, it could cut almost anything (except another Supremis). A single strand wound around the fingers of a Supremis to form a garot can remove someone's head with such speed and precision that the victim could watch their head falling and bouncing on the ground.

Unfortunately, it would cut human fingers off even easier. It would take some pretty special gloves for a human to handle it, but in the right hands, it would be a fearsome and silent weapon.

Good thing Supremis hair feels silky when not stretched and doesn't tangle, otherwise it could be dangerous, especially given it is invariably long (since it can't be cut). Normally a human could run their hands through a Velorian's hair safely. Something both parties find to be sensual.

Or so the lore goes...

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 19:21 #53245 by Engineered-Sorcery
Engineered-Sorcery replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

shadar wrote:

Engineered-Sorcery wrote: Well, I'm not familiar with the Arion/Velorian universe (I really should read more of those stories), but given that their biology is weakened by gold, presumably gold material could cut their hair. Gold will hold an edge with proper sharpening, so a pure gold pair of scissors may be an effective (if expensive) method of hair control. Gold bullets are, again, expensive but effective assuming that it's the presence of gold and not contact with it that weakens them, though I presume anyone worthy of the appelation 'super' would be able to avoid something going only two or three times the speed of sound. I like the idea of tourists receiving samples though, or it becoming an export of ultralight-ultrastrong cable.

But even then, if someone were to pull a single long and very fine hair from their heads, and wrap it around diamond-coated mandrels to stretch it tight, it could cut almost anything (except another Supremis). A single strand wound around the fingers of a Supremis to form a garot can remove someone's head with such speed and precision that the victim could watch their head falling and bouncing on the ground.

Unfortunately, it would cut human fingers off even easier. It would take some pretty special gloves for a human to handle it, but in the right hands, it would be a fearsome and silent weapon.

Good thing Supremis hair feels silky when not stretched and doesn't tangle, otherwise it could be dangerous, especially given it is invariably long (since it can't be cut). Normally a human could run their hands through a Velorian's hair safely. Something both parties find to be sensual.

Or so the lore goes...
(quote snipped slightly for brevity)
Shadar


Thanks for the info on Velorian physiology Shadar, as i said I'm not exactly experienced with the source material so that information is really interesting. Now I'm on a bit of a curiosity binge, so if you don't mind some additional questions, what makes Supremis hair as durable as it is? Despite its incredible durability, I presume it remains relatively ductile so as to function as hair rather than some sort of organic helmet? Based on the fact that you mentioned stretching, is its thinness based somehow on elasticity, giving it a variable 'sharpness' as it were?

Given that, I think the most interesting application would be heavy industrial tools. If you were to, say, load a bandsaw with a stretched lock of super-hair, it would likely never wear out, and between its cycle-speed and inherent sharpness would likely be able to cut most materials without the heating you have to deal with when using a traditional blade. Similarly, while safety precautions would have to be used, braiding longer hair into a rope would shift lifting capacity load limits to the pullies and machinery involved, rather than the rope used for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2017 02:40 #53249 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

Engineered-Sorcery wrote:

shadar wrote:

Engineered-Sorcery wrote: Well, I'm not familiar with the Arion/Velorian universe (I really should read more of those stories), but given that their biology is weakened by gold, presumably gold material could cut their hair. Gold will hold an edge with proper sharpening, so a pure gold pair of scissors may be an effective (if expensive) method of hair control. Gold bullets are, again, expensive but effective assuming that it's the presence of gold and not contact with it that weakens them, though I presume anyone worthy of the appelation 'super' would be able to avoid something going only two or three times the speed of sound. I like the idea of tourists receiving samples though, or it becoming an export of ultralight-ultrastrong cable.

But even then, if someone were to pull a single long and very fine hair from their heads, and wrap it around diamond-coated mandrels to stretch it tight, it could cut almost anything (except another Supremis). A single strand wound around the fingers of a Supremis to form a garot can remove someone's head with such speed and precision that the victim could watch their head falling and bouncing on the ground.

Unfortunately, it would cut human fingers off even easier. It would take some pretty special gloves for a human to handle it, but in the right hands, it would be a fearsome and silent weapon.

Good thing Supremis hair feels silky when not stretched and doesn't tangle, otherwise it could be dangerous, especially given it is invariably long (since it can't be cut). Normally a human could run their hands through a Velorian's hair safely. Something both parties find to be sensual.

Or so the lore goes...
(quote snipped slightly for brevity)
Shadar


Thanks for the info on Velorian physiology Shadar, as i said I'm not exactly experienced with the source material so that information is really interesting. Now I'm on a bit of a curiosity binge, so if you don't mind some additional questions, what makes Supremis hair as durable as it is? Despite its incredible durability, I presume it remains relatively ductile so as to function as hair rather than some sort of organic helmet? Based on the fact that you mentioned stretching, is its thinness based somehow on elasticity, giving it a variable 'sharpness' as it were?

Given that, I think the most interesting application would be heavy industrial tools. If you were to, say, load a bandsaw with a stretched lock of super-hair, it would likely never wear out, and between its cycle-speed and inherent sharpness would likely be able to cut most materials without the heating you have to deal with when using a traditional blade. Similarly, while safety precautions would have to be used, braiding longer hair into a rope would shift lifting capacity load limits to the pullies and machinery involved, rather than the rope used for it.



The pseudo-science is that the cells of their body have membranes that exhibit 5th order non-linear binding. Or put more understandably, they respond like ordinary cells under low levels of stress, but their resistance to being disturbed/broken/penetrated/burned/whatever increases extremely rapidly (5th order geometric) to higher forces.

What that means that Velorian tissues (including dead tissue like hair) feel very soft if pushed or pulled with low force, but that skin or hair can be harder than anything when hit with enough force. A light punch in the arm would feel very human, but if you threw a Mohammed Ali grade punch with your bare hand, it would hurt.

Further up the scale (much further), a depleted uranium sabot round from an M1A1 Abrams barrel would splatter, although not before dimpling deeply as it transferred a great deal of force. Our unlucky target might be tossed a quarter mile backward, and shook up and possibly concussed if shot in the head, but she wouldn't have any bruises (no broken blood vessels). Very hard to kill, even with nukes.

Which is why the Supremis have developed some odd ways to fight that involve energy transfers.

To your point, rigging a single extremely fine strand of Velorian hair to a bandsaw (or whatever) would make it an incredible cutting tool. Able to go through anything -- including the mandrels or whatever that the ends were wound on to hold it in place. Very difficult to secure. But... you could touch the "blade" gently and not be cut.There's a little give and stretch. But not much before that 5th order rate of increase in stiffness makes it unimaginably dangerous. And, the cool part, the more stress it's under, the stronger it gets.

Of course, getting a strand of Velorian hair is like Gimli securing a lock of Galadrial's blonde hair, if you're a Tolkien nut like me. It could be bestowed on a heroic admirer, but it would be a very bold request.

I have a related concept for why they are strong or have laser eyes (ring lasers in the circle of the iris).

Anyway, this is all my fancy way to explain how they could feel completely human, even in very "up close" situations, (albeit with better muscle tone), but also bounce that anti-tank round off their chest or survive being in the fireball of a nuke (not comfortably, but thankfully blown far away very fast).

Unlike the usual comic book where things "just are", or are vaguely attributed to illogical things given their powers (Kryptonians are strong because they lived on a high-gravity world), I wanted to have something calculable, even if it was more comic book science than SF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2017 09:02 #53256 by Woodclaw
Woodclaw replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

shadar wrote: The pseudo-science is that the cells of their body have membranes that exhibit 5th order non-linear binding. Or put more understandably, they respond like ordinary cells under low levels of stress, but their resistance to being disturbed/broken/penetrated/burned/whatever increases extremely rapidly (5th order geometric) to higher forces.

What that means that Velorian tissues (including dead tissue like hair) feel very soft if pushed or pulled with low force, but that skin or hair can be harder than anything when hit with enough force. A light punch in the arm would feel very human, but if you threw a Mohammed Ali grade punch with your bare hand, it would hurt.

Further up the scale (much further), a depleted uranium sabot round from an M1A1 Abrams barrel would splatter, although not before dimpling deeply as it transferred a great deal of force. Our unlucky target might be tossed a quarter mile backward, and shook up and possibly concussed if shot in the head, but she wouldn't have any bruises (no broken blood vessels). Very hard to kill, even with nukes.

Which is why the Supremis have developed some odd ways to fight that involve energy transfers.

To your point, rigging a single extremely fine strand of Velorian hair to a bandsaw (or whatever) would make it an incredible cutting tool. Able to go through anything -- including the mandrels or whatever that the ends were wound on to hold it in place. Very difficult to secure. But... you could touch the "blade" gently and not be cut.There's a little give and stretch. But not much before that 5th order rate of increase in stiffness makes it unimaginably dangerous. And, the cool part, the more stress it's under, the stronger it gets.

Of course, getting a strand of Velorian hair is like Gimli securing a lock of Galadrial's blonde hair, if you're a Tolkien nut like me. It could be bestowed on a heroic admirer, but it would be a very bold request.

I have a related concept for why they are strong or have laser eyes (ring lasers in the circle of the iris).

Anyway, this is all my fancy way to explain how they could feel completely human, even in very "up close" situations, (albeit with better muscle tone), but also bounce that anti-tank round off their chest or survive being in the fireball of a nuke (not comfortably, but thankfully blown far away very fast).

Unlike the usual comic book where things "just are", or are vaguely attributed to illogical things given their powers (Kryptonians are strong because they lived on a high-gravity world), I wanted to have something calculable, even if it was more comic book science than SF.


That explanation about Supremis skin reminds me a lot of how the personal force fields from Dune works.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2017 09:17 - 21 Mar 2017 09:21 #53257 by brantley
brantley replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
Woodclaw';s citation of the personal force fields in Dune brings up how and why rationalizations like that get into science fiction:

<<But even the most playful sf ideas can serve the evolution of storytelling in the genre. Thomas J. Roberts, in An Aesthetics of Junk Fiction (1990), cites the body shield, a device used to rationalize sword fights in high-tech worlds. Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Barsoomians fight with swords and spears in A Princess of Mars (1912), although they have radium rifles with a range of 200 miles. Burroughs meant readers to believe that his Barsoom is “caught up in a culture of heroism and that its warriors actually preferred to fight with primitive weapons at close range,” Roberts notes.
They recognized the implausibility of those sword fights, even while they wanted them for their romantic appeal. And then came the body shield. Roberts couldn’t pin down a source, but he was probably thinking of Charles L. Harness’ The Paradox Men (1953), in which the Society of Thieves in a romantic future uses force shields that “spread the bullet impact over a wide area,” so that being shot with a gun feels like being hit with a pillow. Only, those shields are not actually invulnerable, as the Chancellor of America Imperial explains:
"Since the screen resistance is proportional to the velocity of the missile it offers no protection against the comparatively slow-moving things, such as the rapier, the hurled knife or even a club."
Voilà! Frank Herbert later embraced the same rationale in Dune (1966). >>

--Brantley
Last Edit: 21 Mar 2017 09:21 by brantley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
21 Mar 2017 11:23 #53259 by slim36
slim36 replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
Supremis hair might have some cool applications. Could it be used to make brake pads, or used like kevlar to make body armor or heat resistant fabric? Would it have any special properties like resistance to radiation like lead?
What if someone attempted an organ transplant from a Supremis? Do Supremis bodies decay or turn to dust like vampires in sunlight?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2017 01:57 #53276 by slim36
slim36 replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology
The potential value of Supremis body parts, hair clippings, shed hair could support an industry of recyclers. Like the cart in Monty Python, "Bring out your Dead"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2017 02:13 #53278 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

slim36 wrote: The potential value of Supremis body parts, hair clippings, shed hair could support an industry of recyclers. Like the cart in Monty Python, "Bring out your Dead"



Talk about an interesting job... picking up skin, hair and whatever droppings or flaking from the Supremis to use as raw material for building indestructible tools. Or more.

It would also be a hard job given they tend to move around rather quickly. And would presume on the Supremis not minding being picked up after.

I also wonder if there should be a limit to how long cast-off hair or skin cells retain their invulnerability after being removed from the Orgone bio field of a Supremis. Long time, short time, forever? This is new ground.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2017 09:01 #53281 by Woodclaw
Woodclaw replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

shadar wrote:

slim36 wrote: The potential value of Supremis body parts, hair clippings, shed hair could support an industry of recyclers. Like the cart in Monty Python, "Bring out your Dead"



Talk about an interesting job... picking up skin, hair and whatever droppings or flaking from the Supremis to use as raw material for building indestructible tools. Or more.

It would also be a hard job given they tend to move around rather quickly. And would presume on the Supremis not minding being picked up after.

I also wonder if there should be a limit to how long cast-off hair or skin cells retain their invulnerability after being removed from the Orgone bio field of a Supremis. Long time, short time, forever? This is new ground.


SInce hair and nails are made of dead cells covered in keratin, I always assumed that they weren't affected by the orgone field, since that kind of energy seem to flow mostly through living organisms.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2017 16:27 #53287 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Wonder Woman and Ideology

Woodclaw wrote:

shadar wrote:

slim36 wrote: The potential value of Supremis body parts, hair clippings, shed hair could support an industry of recyclers. Like the cart in Monty Python, "Bring out your Dead"



Talk about an interesting job... picking up skin, hair and whatever droppings or flaking from the Supremis to use as raw material for building indestructible tools. Or more.

It would also be a hard job given they tend to move around rather quickly. And would presume on the Supremis not minding being picked up after.

I also wonder if there should be a limit to how long cast-off hair or skin cells retain their invulnerability after being removed from the Orgone bio field of a Supremis. Long time, short time, forever? This is new ground.


SInce hair and nails are made of dead cells covered in keratin, I always assumed that they weren't affected by the orgone field, since that kind of energy seem to flow mostly through living organisms.


I see the logic of that, Woodclaw, but in that case we'd have a lot of bald Supremis without nails. And I like blonde hair. <grin>

Once Orgone has infused tissue, it takes some time to completely dissipate.
Supremis hair would hold its "vitality" for some time (days or weeks) but not forever.

(This makes me think of G-girl and her strand of hair shattering the saw on Super Ex-Girlfriend. And then the power being re-absorbed by that rock to make the hair ordinary. Not quite the same, but I was much amused by that scene in the movie.)

Recall that Velorians (a portion of whom split off to become Arions) are human/Galen hybrids who were engineered from an abducted village of Nordics (around 1000AD) which had lived in relative isolation for many centuries before that. They wanted a simple but robust genetic base, but most humans were already too interbred by 1000AD to make the hybridization process predictable. (A limitation of their science, not a social or racial thing.)

The reason was that their own females had been rendered sterile in a war with the Elders, and these "Velorian procreators" were the only hope for the Galen to reproduce and raise their young. They only cared about females, but of course needed male Velorians for the reproduction of more procreators.

That's why only Supremis females can store significant amounts of Orgone, making men dependent on them, given Orgone only transfers (weakly) with pheromones and (strongly) during orgasm, along with a few very specific forms of combat.

To a very limited degree, this applies to "Orgone infected" humans.

Which of course was all merely my twisted imagination and fantasies creating a story-space that I wanted to live in. Thankfully, not alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds