Amount

???

18 Oct 2009 10:06 #17020 by Woodclaw
??? was created by Woodclaw
I just checked the Tracker and saw that AK site was updated, I clicked the link but everything appeared as usual, does anyone know what's going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Oct 2009 13:06 #17021 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: ???
The Updates Tracker is a broken wreck really.

Should just be a links page with the top 20 Ubergirls site list.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
18 Oct 2009 23:32 #17028 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: ???
If you want a list of the top 20 sites, find them and bookmark them! The purpose of the Update Tracker is to report when some of outr favorites have been updated. What's updated mean? Will the program looks to see when the registered "update page" on the site has been modified or changed. Basically a change in the status of the content.

Broken wreck? I appreciate the constructive feedback, really! In the case of AK, I would imagine he/she changed some HTML on the page, resulting in it being flagged for update. This happens sometimes -- sometimes, based on the innocent maintenance of the user or sometimes from the site owner's being snarky and trying to push their pages up. Then in the case of SuperheroHype, Mankillers, and otherblogs, user comments on the update pages or RSS feed updates cause the page to be "changed" In either case, the update tracker cannot tell the difference and reports them as updated. In some cases, it got to be a little too repetitive for whatever reason and we got complaints, so to minimize those, we moved some of those to the list at the bottom. If AK's continue's to change but not really change, we'll move that site there as well.

However, if people cannot live with the broken wreck that it is and do not wish to bookmark their own sites, people are free to go to this site which I found that has a great set of links to ubergirl stuff (and other stuff too): www.google.com

ADMIN

The Updates Tracker is a broken wreck really.

Should just be a links page with the top 20 Ubergirls site list.

More
19 Oct 2009 00:29 #17030 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: ???
admin,

Not trying to get anyone ticked off. The Updates Tracker in my opinion should be changed or modified maybe to list the core links that typical SWM loyal followers go to. With the way web pages change today it doesn't appear to be worth following every change.

Mankillers Blog changes if one person makes a comment about anything.
Dianna the Valkyrie changes if it went from 5 stories to zero stories.
Ursa's World and Conceptfan have unfortunately flat lined.

I use the Update Tracker page as a jump point to some of my favorite sites and to see when some of them do update. Extreme Strength for example updates once or twice a year and it is nice to see that.

The Updates Tracker hasn't been modified in a long time. Maybe it is time to take another look at it and add/delete/modify some of the links. There are some new sites out there that I do check on.

com3.runboard.com/bsupergirls
www.superheroinefilms.com/
www.heromorph.com/

My little gripe was not intended to tick anyone off. I'm happy to have this site still humming along and take for granted the work that goes on behind the scenes. My apologies.

• Sarge395
More
19 Oct 2009 12:17 #17033 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: ???
Sarge, thanks fo the followup note. In terms of rewritting the Tracker to make it smarter, I don't really have the $$$ to do that now, so that is probably not in the near future. I'll look at the links you listed and will see about possibly adding them as well as some others.

ADMIN

admin,

Not trying to get anyone ticked off. The Updates Tracker in my opinion should be changed or modified maybe to list the core links that typical SWM loyal followers go to. With the way web pages change today it doesn't appear to be worth following every change.

Mankillers Blog changes if one person makes a comment about anything.
Dianna the Valkyrie changes if it went from 5 stories to zero stories.
Ursa's World and Conceptfan have unfortunately flat lined.

I use the Update Tracker page as a jump point to some of my favorite sites and to see when some of them do update. Extreme Strength for example updates once or twice a year and it is nice to see that.

The Updates Tracker hasn't been modified in a long time. Maybe it is time to take another look at it and add/delete/modify some of the links. There are some new sites out there that I do check on.

com3.runboard.com/bsupergirls
www.superheroinefilms.com/
www.heromorph.com/

My little gripe was not intended to tick anyone off. I'm happy to have this site still humming along and take for granted the work that goes on behind the scenes. My apologies.

More
19 Oct 2009 19:03 #17035 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: ???
For the record, I haven't made any changes to the site in far too long. Unfortunately, all of my recent scribblings don't fit into the current story lines.

I'm trying to get back into the groove...
AK

More
19 Oct 2009 21:44 #17036 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: ???
...and how I would love it if you would. I miss your stories.

The early chapters of NSGIT in particular I re-read now and then. Along with Superior Girl, LDoK, and RedK.

More
06 Jan 2010 20:02 - 30 Apr 2012 01:48 #17907 by DanDud88
Replied by DanDud88 on topic Re: ???
Dont suppose we could have a date for an update? I do miss your xtories thanks
Last edit: 30 Apr 2012 01:48 by DanDud88.

More
06 Jan 2010 20:45 #17908 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: ???

Dont suppose we could have a date for an update? Anytime this year or next would do.

That seemed pretty rude for free content. If you were paying monthly, I might understand, but this kind of comment doesn't exactly inspire someone to produce work at a faster rate.

More
13 Jan 2010 02:11 #17960 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: ???

For the record, I haven't made any changes to the site in far too long. Unfortunately, all of my recent scribblings don't fit into the current story lines.

I'm trying to get back into the groove...
AK

First time visiting the board in a while and I see this little missive. Dude, though I truly miss seeing new installments of your existing series, particularly The Superior Girl, if your afforementioned scribblings are in the same vein as the rest of your work, I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to get a chance to read them. Be it an existing series or a brand new one, I do so want to read more of your great writing.

More
28 Jun 2010 04:59 #19570 by clyde
Replied by clyde on topic Re: ???

...I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to get a chance to read them. Be it an existing series or a brand new one, I do so want to read more of your great writing.

You're not alone. I also miss "the Superior Girl". Especially her confrontations with Superman

More
30 Apr 2012 01:54 #27128 by DanDud88
Replied by DanDud88 on topic Re: ???
well i got a message from julievelor saying that hes/her computer crashed and thats why they havent written for a while. So i hope he/she gets back to writing again if ak still wants to write.

More
30 Apr 2012 02:14 #27129 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: ???

DanDud88 wrote: well i got a message from julievelor saying that hes/her computer crashed and thats why they havent written for a while. So i hope he/she gets back to writing again if ak still wants to write.

That's nice to hear.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds